Make Your Account
Signup for relevant jobs and job advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. It is possible to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA remote(temporarily)
Our objective is always to offer you aren’t a way to better health that is financial.
LendUp is really a technology that is financial situated in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and financing space. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our product has been found in 7 states and we’ve seen press that is great into the Wall Street Journal, Financial days, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Just just What we’re doing:
At LendUp our company is on a objective to deliver a person with a path to higher health that is financial. Huge numbers of people don’t have access to quality credit. Their choices are frequently unfair and limited, plus it’s simple to be caught in a financial obligation period. Here is the very first problem LendUp attempt to re re solve, by making use of our blended expertise in pc software, data technology, credit, and training, to the provided passion for economic health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at lower prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building additional lending options that will assist us further speed up our objective of supplying you aren’t a course to higher monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel would be in charge of employed in close partnership with specific sections and cross practical groups to supply appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers that are taking care of brand brand new and existing services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising in terms of such services and products
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused advice that is legal federal and state customer banking and financing guidelines, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and data privacy and security rules.
- Advise the LendUp item team on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer advice that is regulatory LendUp’s commercial and federal federal federal government relations counsel to help with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy matters.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s compliance group.
- Utilize banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other product security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification demands, including getting and keeping licenses
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting an ongoing business, as required to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of issues associated with the monetary solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer electronic banking, individuals in several re re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the guidelines, regulations associated with banking institutions and state certified
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state rules associated with lending
- Power to balance working separately with small guidance and working closely and collaboratively within a tiny team that is legal
- Capability to interface efficiently along with known quantities of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) also to gain the trust and self- confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and very adaptable to an environment that is fast-changing
- A solid business focus with practical risk understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including practicing in-house at a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or in an comparable environment) for at the very least three years, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred candidate may have experience involved in the re re re payments room, straight with regulators representing certified organizations, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Tested solution oriented and creative problem solver
- Power to handle assignments that are multiple, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exemplary written and oral interaction abilities and capacity to work both in groups and separately
- Admitted to your CA circumstances club or subscribed in-house counsel with hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from a mission-driven business, like a competitive salary; very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s everything we love about LendUp lifestyle:
- We’re invested in a varied and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds www.speedyloan.net/payday-loans-md/, exact same objective. ” we’re passionate about diverse prospects and also have slack channels committed to anything from mu
LendUp can be A equal possibility boss
We increase equal occupations to qualified candidates and workers on a basis that is equal of a person’s age, competition, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.