WWE RAW Report – 8/19/2013
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar from SummerSlam. We also get a look at the Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena WWE Title match and Randy Orton cashing in after Triple H turns.
– We’re live from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California as Michael Cole welcomes us. We go to the ring and out comes John Cena to a very mixed reaction.
Cena says he is disgusted about what happened at SummerSlam. A “Cena sucks” chant breaks out. Cena talks about Daniel Bryan now. Cena says two weeks ago, WWE medical staff told him the giant ball of fluid on his elbow was the result of a torn tricep. Cena says they wanted to cancel the match at SummerSlam but he used. Cena says he isn’t using this as an excuse. He admits he was beaten by a better man in a clean fight. Cena says all he wanted was a clean fight. Cena says he’s not putting surgery off, he’s leaving WWE. Fans cheer and Cena cracks a smile. Cena says he will miss all this. He starts praising Daniel Bryan and introduces him. Bryan comes out to a huge pop. Before he can speak,here comes Stephanie McMahon.
Stephanie is met with boos. She says Bryan earned the right to become WWE Champion last night and she’s sorry. She says Bryan didn’t deserve what happened but her husband Triple H did what’s best for business. A “no” chant breaks out. Bryan says he expected something like that from Stephanie or Vince McMahon, but not Triple H. Bryan says it must be true that when you lie down with trash, sooner or later you start to stink. Stephanie says she knows Bryan is upset so she will let that slide. Bryan mocks her and asks if she’s going to fire him. Bryan says he will go back to wrestling in armories and selling t-shirts in his car because he’s not afraid of getting fired. Bryan says but before he leaves, he’s going to get his money worth. Bryan says he will get either Randy Orton or Triple H and give Stephanie a real reason to fire him. Stephanie says nobody wants to fire Bryan. She and Triple H believe Bryan is of value but not everyone can be the face of the company, not everyone can be WWE Championship material. She mocks his height and weight, and his looks. Stephanie talks down to Bryan and says he might not be an A, but he’s a B+… a solid B+. Bryan says she is reminding him of a word that starts with the letter B right now. A “bitch” chant barely starts up from the crowd. Bryan says he doesn’t have to accept what happened and just move on. Bryan says he can be WWE Champion and he doesn’t care what Stephanie thinks. She suggests he calms down and he knocks the microphone out of his hand. She asks for another. Stephanie gets upset and tells Bryan to calm down. She refuses to be disrespected by him and calls for security. Stephanie says Bryan is forcing her hand. She asks security to escort Bryan out of the building. Stephanie says Bryan has no one to blame but himself. Fans chant his name. Bryan leaves the ring and security follows. Bryan turns around on the ramp and looks back at Stephanie before getting a “no” chant going. We go to commercial.
Damien Sandow vs. Cody Rhodes
Back from the break and both men are in the ring for a SummerSlam rematch. They lock up and Sandow goes to work in the corner, beating Cody down. Rhodes turns it around but Sandow takes him back to the corner.
More back and forth. Cody ends up hitting a missile dropkick after springboarding in. Cody clotheslines Sandow out to the floor and suplexes him onto it. We take a break and come back to Sandow in control. Sandow nails the Elbow of Disdain and covers for 2. Cody ends up nailing a moonsault. Cody with a backdrop and clotheslines. Rhodes with more offense and a 2 count. Sandow blocks Cross Rhodes and drops Cody for a close 2 count. Cody ends up getting the win after a roll up.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
– RAW General Manager Brad Maddox is backstage. He shows us some comments Dolph Ziggler made about Triple H’s actions at SummerSlam. Maddox announces Ziggler vs. The Shield in a handicap match for later on.
– We see Paul Heyman walking and he has his arm in a sling. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Paul Heyman is introduced. He’s already in the ring as fans boo him. Heyman talks about CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Heyman admits Punk proved his worth last night. Heyman says Punk gave Lesnar all Lesnar could handle. Heyman asks where we go from here. He says it’s time to end this family feud. Heyman says he’s been more of a father to Punk than his own and says last night, Big Brother Brock slapped some sense into Punk. Heyman says he forgives Punk. Heyman says when Punk apologizes, he will take him back. Heyman says Punk is way better off with him. Heyman says he still loves Punk. Heyman is willing to put this behind them. Heyman says he will guide Punk back to the WWE Title and take him to the main event of WrestleMania. Heyman says together, they will be the best in the world. He sets the mic down and exits the ring.
– Cameron and Naomi are backstage stretching when The Bella Twins walk up and taunt them. The Bellas wish Cameron and Naomi good luck on the match they’re about to have.
– Still to come, Randy Orton’s WWE Championship Coronation.
Cameron and Naomi vs. Layla and AJ Lee
Back from the break and out first comes Cameron and Naomi. Layla is out next followed by WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee.
AJ and Layla attack their partners before the bell even starts. The bell rings and it’s AJ going at it with Naomi. AJ with a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Cameron and Naomi end up getting the win after shocking Layla.
Winners: Cameron and Naomi
– Dolph Ziggler is backstage walking as we go to commercial.
The Shield vs. Dolph Ziggler
The Shield ends up getting the win after a Roman Reigns spear.
Winners: The Shield
Back from the break and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Sin Cara is out next.
Del Rio has made sure that the ring has Mexican flags for all of his matches now. Del Rio strikes first and beats Cara down. Cara dives out onto Del Rio and it looks like Cara has injured himself. Dr. Sampson checks on Cara but Del Rio brings him in the ring. The bell is called for. As the doc tries to check on Cara, Del Rio stomps on him and talks trash.
Winner by Referee Stoppage: Alberto Del Rio
– Del Rio says at SummerSlam he proved why he’s the best World Champion in history. He says he also proved to the Latino community that they finally have someone to cheer for. Del Rio goes on but out comes Ricardo Rodriguez. Ricardo disagrees and says Del Rio is not a hero. Ricardo is happy he doesn’t have to stand by Del Rio’s side any more. Ricardo says he is proud to represent someone new. Ricardo introduces Rob Van Dam and out he comes to a big pop. RVD hits the ring and Del Rio attacks him. They go at it as the fans chant for RVD. RVD drops Del Rio with a superkick. RVD goes up top for the frogsplash but Del Rio escapes the ring.
– Still to come, CM Punk will address Paul Heyman’s comments from earlier. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Zeb Colter is in the ring with Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger. Zeb praises them for standing for what’s good in this country. Zeb rips the people of Anaheim.
Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
Out next comes Darren Young and Titus O’Neil. Cesaro starts off with Young and goes at it. Young turns it around and Swagger tags in. A tag to Titus and some double teaming now. Cesaro comes back in and goes at it with Titus now.
More back and forth action. The end comes when Darren Young drops Cesaro over his knees for the win.
Winners: Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
– Renee Young is backstage with Big Show. She welcomes him back to RAW. She asks about rumors of he and Mark Henry teaming up to challenge Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. Show says those rumors are true, they’re going for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Brad Maddox walks up and makes Renee leave. Maddox brings up Show’s comments against Triple H after SummerSlam. Maddox books Show vs. The Shield in a handicap match but in this one, all three members of The Shield will be in the ring at the same time. Show asks if Maddox is sure he wants to do that to The Shield and walks off. Back to commercial.
– We get another look back at Punk vs. Lesnar and Cena vs. Bryan from SummerSlam.
– Ryback confronts some guys in the locker room. He runs some off and starts bullying one guy. He throws the guys bag and keeps telling him to go get it but steps on it before the guy can pick it up. Fans chant for Goldberg. Ryback slaps the guy hard in the face. He makes the guy open up his bag and spray all his belongings with water. Ryback tells the guy to get out of his locker room and laughs.
Big Show vs. The Shield
We go to the ring and out comes Big Show. We go to commercial before WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose and WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns come out. All three members of The Shield will be allowed in the ring at the same time here.
Back from the break and here we go. Show sends Reigns out to the floor and works over Ambrose and Rollins. Show tosses Ambrose out to the floor and goes back to work on Rollins. Show sends Rollins out now. He turns around and spears Reigns from mid-air. Ambrose pulls Reigns out to safety. Ambrose locks in a sleeper but Show breaks it with a big slam. Rollins tries to attack Show but has no luck either. Show steps on Rollins now. Show tosses Rollins to the floor and goes back at it with Ambrose. Show unloads and calls for a chokeslam. Rollins takes out Show’s leg and stops the chokeslam. Ambrose with a dropkick to send Show to one knee. Rollins with a big flying knee to take Show down for a 2 count.
Show tries to fight back but they get him down again. They nail the triple powerbomb on Show and all three cover him at the same time for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– Still to come, CM Punk will speak. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes CM Punk. He’s pissed off and ready to fight. Punk dares a fan to come into the ring and fight him for booing. Punk calls him fatso. Punk tells the guy to be a man or be a bitch and sit down, shut his mouth. Punk says Heyman says he can get him the WWE Title and WrestleMania main event. Punk says that’s what he wants. Punk says if an apology gets him all those things, come out Paul. Here comes Heyman with Curtis Axel.
Punk says he’s sorry… sorry he took his eyes off Lesnar last night and sorry he didn’t do more to Heyman. Punk has harsh words for Heyman. Heyman says he is sorry… sorry for what is about to happen. Heyman tells Axel to go tape up his fists for a fight. Heyman says if Punk is still in the ring after commercial, Axel is going to be sent to the ring to finish the job Lesnar started. We go to break.
– Back from the break and Punk is in the ring still. Axel hits the ring and Punk goes at it with him. Punk drops Axel over the chair and hits him with it. Punk tosses Axel to the floor and follows. Axel turns it around on the floor and beats Punk down. Axel works Punk over around the ringside area as Heyman looks on and smiles. Punk comes back and knocks Axel into the barrier. Punk smashes Axel with a production case. He grabs the ring bell and smacks Axel in the gut with it. Punk brings it back in the ring and Axel takes Punk’s leg out. Axel works on Punk’s injured leg.
Axel drives the steel chair down into Punk’s leg a few times. Axel with a modified neckbreaker. Heyman orders Axel to break Punk’s leg. Axel goes for a stomp on the chair but Punk moves. Punk fights back with the chair but is hobbling around. Punk with chairshots to the back. Punk takes Axel back to the floor and throws him into the steps twice. Punk beats up Axel and stares at Heyman as his music plays. Heyman backs up the ramp, still staring back at Punk.
– Still to come, Randy Orton’s WWE Championship Coronation. Up next, Bray Wyatt will be in action. Back to commercial.
R-Truth vs. Bray Wyatt
Back from the break and out comes R-Truth. The lights go out, the lantern is lit and here comes Bray Wyatt with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper – The Wyatt Family. The bell rings and Bray attacks. Truth tries to fight him off and dances around a few moves. Truth drops Wyatt and hits Harper but Bray comes back and runs him over.
Bray with more offense. He yells that he is the new face of fear. Wyatt hits his finisher on Truth for the win.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
– After the match, The Wyatt Family poses over Truth before we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a matador vignette for Primo and Epico, apparently under new names. Los Matadores will be coming soon.
Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and 3MB is out. Next comes The Usos. Jey Uso starts things out with Slater.
The end comes when one of the Usos dives out and takes out Drew McIntyre and Jinder. The other Uso tags in and nails the big splash on Slater for the win.
Winners: The Usos
– Still to come, Orton’s coronation. Back to commercial.
The Miz vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and here comes The Miz. Wade Barrett is out next.
Barrett controls most of the match but Fandango interrupts at the end and lays The Miz out. Fandango’s music hits to end it.
– Brad Maddox informs Stephanie McMahon that Daniel Bryan is back in the building. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Stephanie McMahon is already in the ring with Vince McMahon. Triple H comes out next and we see The Shield standing guard in front of the ring. Vince says to give it up for The Game. Triple H joins his family in the ring. Vince says it’s a wonderful night. Vince says there’s a WWE Champion we can all be proud of now. He says he’s proud of his son-in-law. Vince and Triple H hug.
Fans chant “you sold out” at Triple H. He laughs and talks about how fans never see the bigger picture. He did what he did to guarantee the future of WWE. He did it for the fans. He did it for his wife and kids so WWE can continue to exist in all of our futures. Triple H says he didn’t want to do that to Daniel Bryan but let’s face it… WWE Champion and face of WWE? Not Bryan. Triple H says the fans deserve better than that. Triple H goes on and doesn’t care about Bryan’s personal problems. Triple H says Bryan is just selfish. Triple H brings out what he calls the future and the face of WWE, the new WWE Champion Randy Orton. Out comes Orton to boos and we see the WWE roster gathered on the ramp. Everyone looks at Orton as he heads to the ring.
Orton shakes hands with Triple H and Vince before hugging Stephanie. They all applaud him. Orton says he told us when he cashed in we wouldn’t see it coming. Orton isn’t ashamed to say it – he owes everything to Triple H. They shake hands and embrace again. Orton yells that everyone should stand on their feet and show Triple H some respect. Triple H knows Bryan is in the building and calls him out to settle his personal issue. Triple H asks The Shield to step to the side because they’re intimidating. Triple H doesn’t want anyone touching Bryan. He calls him to the ring. Triple H gets the fans to chant “yes” for Bryan and has his music played.
Bryan comes out and as he’s entering the ring, The Shield attacks him at ringside. Bryan fights them off and throws them all into the steel steps. Ambrose stops Bryan from coming in but they brawl up the ramp. Bryan takes out Rollins with a roundhouse. Ambrose goes down. Triple H tells Bryan to get all his feelings out. Bryan approaches the ring but Reigns takes him out with a spear on the floor. The Shield go back to stomping on Bryan. They go for the triple powerbomb on the floor but Triple H stops them. He tells Bryan to come in the ring and get everything off his chest but Bryan struggles to get up to his feet. Triple H taunts and mocks Bryan as he tries to get up and into the ring. Bryan barely enters the ring and gets dropped with a RKO from Orton. Vince, Orton, Stephanie and Triple H raise their hands in victory over Bryan as Orton’s music plays. RAW goes off the air.