WWE Monday Night RAW Results – 9/20/10
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a pyro explosion inside the Canseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome us to RAW. We go to the ring as Justin Roberts introduces the new WWE Champion Randy Orton. Orton makes his way out to a big pop and he’s all smiles with the belt.
Orton enters the ring and Sheamus comes out to interrupt. Sheamus says he can’t let this happen, Orton doesn’t deserve this moment. Sheamus says he had the WWE Title stolen from him both times he has won it. Sheamus says everyone has discriminated against him. Sheamus says this is pathetic, Orton as the WWE Champion. RKO chants from the crowd. Orton brings up how Sheamus has never beaten him and says the only thing pathetic is him. Orton says Sheamus is right about one thing – he is entitled to a rematch. Orton tells Sheamus to do it soon because if he keeps getting in Orton’s face, it’s not a rematch he gets – it’s a punt to the skull.
Sheamus says nothing Orton does scares or intimidates him. Sheamus tells Orton he will kick his head off. Orton dares him to try. An e-mail from the General Manager comes in. Cole announces that it will be at Hell in a Cell. Sheamus wants Orton to give him the WWE Title. Orton says he would RKO his own grandmother to keep the WWE Title. Then he would RKO Sheamus’ grandmother just to see the look on her face. Orton says if Sheamus wants the belt so bad, take it and he drops it. Sheamus moves and Orton drops him with an RKO. Orton poses for the fans with the belt before heading to the back while Sheamus is face-down in the ring. Orton comes back in the ring and gets ready for a punt kick. Orton charges but Sheamus rolls out of the ring to safety. We go to commercial.
Back from commercial and The Hart Dynasty is on commentary. Out comes the new WWE Tag Team Champions, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre. Their opponents, Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella, are out next for this non-title match.
The bell rings and it’s Cody and Santino starting things off. Comedy from Santino here. He grabs Cody’s leg. Cody starts stomping on him. Cody tags in Drew for a bit of double teaming. Drew shoves Santino away and wants Kozlov. Vladimir comes in and Drew takes him to the mat. Kozlov arm drags out of the hold. Kozlov takes Drew down now and tags in Santino. Santino with rights on Drew. Drew misses a clothesline and Santino hip tosses him. Santino calls for the cobra but Drew kicks him in the head. 2 count for Drew.
Cody comes in for some more double teaming. Cody beats Santino down in the corner and suplexes him on his face. Cody with a knee drop on Santino. Drew is tagged back in and goes to work on Santino. Another tag to Cody. Santino slides out of a slam and tags in Kozlov. Kozlov charges Drew and knocks him down. Kozlov kicks Drew back into the corner and hits a big powerslam. 2 count by Kozlov. Santino comes in but Cody throws him to the floor. Kozlov drops Cody but turns around to the Futureshock DDT from McIntyre for the win.
Winners: Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes
– We see John Morrison backstage training as we go to commercial.
– We see Edge and Zack Ryder backstage. Ryder says he and Edge can be friends again, hang out in the clubs and stuff. Edge says they are not friends and he does not want to hang with Ryder. Edge says he should be WWE Champion right now. Edge says he is screwed. Daniel Bryan walks in and asks them to keep it down a little bit, he’s trying to read or something as he has a book in his hand. Edge says Bryan lucked his way into the WWE US Title and now he thinks he can tell people what to do. Ryder tells Bryan to “read this” and puts an L on his forehead. Edge says he wants to hurt someone tonight and he’s picking Bryan for that. Edge challenges Bryan to a match and Bryan accepts. Bryan walks off and Ryder does the L on his forehead. Edge points out that Ryder’s L is backwards.
Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison
We go to the ring and out comes Chris Jericho. Jericho enters the ring and out comes his opponent, John Morrison. The bell rings and Morrison strikes first, taking Jericho to the ropes. Morrison with a right hand and Jericho rolls out to the floor. Morrison comes after him and they run back in the ring. Morrison with a big kick to the face and more right hands to keep in control. Jericho tries to fight back but ends up on the floor. Jericho is frustrated now. Morrison leaps over the top rope and onto Jericho and the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from commercial and Morrison is still in control. Jericho with a cheap shot and an enziguri to the head. Morrison goes down and ends up on the apron. Jericho charges and sends Morrison flying down into the fan barrier. Jericho comes out and slams Morrison onto it again. Morrison comes back to the apron but Jericho suplexes him in the ring. Jericho with a kick to the head and ribs. Jericho with a backdrop and a 2 count. Jericho taunts Morrison now. Morrison responds by knocking Jericho back to the mat. Jericho comes back with a dropkick to the face.
Jericho uses the ropes on Morrison now. Morrison counters a slam attempt with a rollup for 2. Jericho with a big clothesline and a 2 count. Back and forth action here. Morrison kicks Jericho in the face and fires right hands in. Morrison with a flying forearm and a clothesline. Dropkick sends Jerico back into the corner. More rights from Morrison but he runs into Jericho’s boot. Bulldog by Jericho. Jericho goes for the Lionsault but lands on his feet. Jericho locks the Walls of Jericho on now. The hold is broke and they go back and forth with two counts. Jericho goes for the Walls again but Morrison turns it and sends Jericho flying. Knee to the face by Morrison. Morrison hits Starship Pain for the pin and the win.
Winner: John Morrison
– After the match, Morrison leaves and Jericho is left in the ring, looking confused and sad like he did last night. The crowd heckles Jericho before we go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and John Cena is backstage with Josh Matthews. Cena admits he enjoyed seeing Randy Orton win last night because he got to RKO Wade Barrett. Cena gets serious and tells Nexus that he will take them all out, one-by-one. Cena talks about his match with Barrett tonight.
– The Miz comes out tot he stage and says for the record, he did not tap out at Night of Champions. Miz says Daniel Bryan did not beat him. Lots of boo’s from the crowd here. Miz says he woke up yesterday with some kind of ligament injury. Miz says his doctors begged him not to compete but being the true champion that he is, he competed anyway. Miz says he did what none of the fans would have done. Miz said he had to end the match to save himself from potential surgery. Miz says he will regain his US Title because he’s The Miz… and he did not tap out. We go to commercial.
Edge vs. Daniel Bryan
Back from commercial and The Miz is staying at ringside for commentary. Out first for the next match is Edge. Next to the ring is the new WWE United States Champion, Daniel Bryan, for this non-title match. Daniel Bryan comes out to something like his old pre-WWE theme music. Miz and Cole talk a lot of trash about Bryan as he enters the ring and shows off the title. The bell rings and Edge attacks, beating Bryan down in the corner.
Edge continues the assault on Bryan. Edge dumps Bryan out on the floor and the referee starts to count. Edge brings it back in the ring and poses before stomping on Bryan’s head. Bryan fights back with kicks to Edge. Edge drops Bryan again for a 2 count. Bryan fights out of a submission but Edge hits him with a right. Edge runs the ropes and Bryan hits him with a knee to the gut. Bryan flips off the top rope and clothesliens Edge. Bryan goes for the LaBell Lock but Edge counters it. More back and forth until Bryan takes Edge down with a high knee. 2 count.
Bryan leaps off the top rope but Edge kicks him in mid-air. Edge goes for a spear but Bryan catches him with a LaBell Lock attempt. Alex Riley runs down and hops on the apron to distract the referee. Miz comes from behind and drops Bryan’s back over the ropes. Edge gets up and spears Bryan for the pin and the win.
After the match, the e-mail alert goes off and we have a message from the General Manager. Cole says that due to outside interference by The Miz, the referee’s decision is reversed and the winner of the match via DQ is Daniel Bryan.
Winner via DQ: Daniel Bryan
– Edge is pissed after the announcement. Edge takes a mic and says he is sick of the General Manager and his gimmicks at ringside. Edge says this is not a joke, it’s his career. Edge throws down the mic and walks off, frustrated. Miz and Riley enter the ring and start stomping on Bryan. Miz hits a big running kick to the head and another. The crowd is chanting “you tapped out” to Miz. Riley holds Bryan while Miz works him over. Miz smacks and taunts Bryan now. Riley drops Bryan and Miz kicks him in the head once again. Riley grabs Bryan again and ore slaps and aggressive taunting from Miz. Miz lays Bryan out with the Skull Crushing Finale. Riley and Miz walk off before we go to commercial.
Unified WWE Divas Title Match: Layla vs. Melina
Out next comes Layla and Michelle McCool. Layla is annoucned as the self-professed Divas Unified Title co-holder. Out next comes Layla’s opponent, Melina. McCool joins Cole and Lawler on commentary. She says LayCool are the Champions, holding them together. WWE is using the Divas Title belt now. The bell rings and Melina strikes first, knocking Layla back into the corner. Melina continues to be in control.
Layla comes back and throws Melina out to the floor. Layla comes after her but Melina drops her. Melina turns to McCool and goes after her. McCool jumps into the crowd and yells at Melina. Layla tries to come from behind but Melina stops her and brings it back in the ring. McCool returns to commentary as Melina ducks Layla with the Matrix move. Melina continues the offense on Layla and won’t let up. Melina sets her on the top rope. Layla kicks Melina in the face and hits a modified neckbreaker from the top rope for the win.
– After the match, McCool gets in the ring to celebrate with Layla. Both of them have their own Divas Title belt. We get hype for Cena vs. Barrett later tonight before another commercial break.
– Back from commercial and Wade Barrett is talking with the members of Nexus backstage.
– Josh Matthews is backstage with Chris Jericho. Apparently Jericho has an announcement. Jericho holds up his new DVD and says it’s three discs of the greatest career in WWE. Jericho says this DVD proves he is the best in the world at what he does. Jericho says he got the IP address of Michael Cole’s computer and is close to exposing him to the entire world. Jericho says he is going to blackmail and extort the GM, sabotaging RAW. Jericho says he is going to demand the GM gives him a match against the winner of Sheamus vs. Orton from Hell in a Cell. Randy Orton walks up and challenges Jericho to a match next week. If Jericho wins, he can have a title shot whenever he wants it. Orton says he is sick of hearing Jericho’s voice and seeing his face. Orton says if they fight next week, he can see to it that we don’t see Jericho’s face for a long time. Jericho says he has made a career of beating guys like Orton who underestimate him. Jericho accepts the challenge and walks off.
Out for the next match comes R-Truth and Eve Torres. Truth is performing his new theme song. We go to commercial as Truth is performing.
Back from commercial and out comes the team of Maryse and Ted DiBiase to new theme music. Ted and Truth start the match off. Truth does a dance and Ted charges. Truth hits him with right hands, hits a split and a dropkick. Ted tags in Maryse and in comes Eve. Before he exits the ring, Truth does a dance for Maryse. She slaps him. Eve attacks Maryse and they go at it. Maryse slaps Eve away and slams her face into the mat. Maryse uses the ropes on Eve now.
Eve tries to fight back. Maryse misses a kick and Eve takes her down. Maryse with a modified senton and a 2 count as Ted pulled her out of the ring. Truth comes in and knocks Ted to the floor with a clothesline. Truth leaps over the ropes onto Ted and the floor. In the ring, Maryse goes for her DDT but Eve counters it with a swinging neckbreaker for the pin and the win.
Winners: Eve Torres and R-Truth
– After the match, Maryse and Ted are leaving when a video starts playing with slow music on the big screen. I believe it says “may I have your heart?” but I could be wrong. Maryse asks what’s up with that and they walk off up the ramp.
– We see John Cena and Wade Barrett headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
John Cena vs. Wade Barrett
Out first for tonight’s main event comes John Cena to a big pop. Out next comes Wade Barrett with the other members of Nexus right behind him. Barrett heads to the ring as everyone waits on the stage.
Barrett walks to the announcer’s table and stands on top of it. Barrett announces there’s been a slight change of plans tonight. He heard Cena say earlier he wanted to take out Nexus one-by-one. Barrett says if Cena is a man of his word, he will take Nexus on in a Gauntlet Match. If he can beat the other four Nexus members, then he gets Barrett at the end. Barrett says the alternative is that they all attack him at once right now and kick his teeth down his throat. Cena accepts the Gauntlet challenge and first comes Heath Slater.
Heath Slater vs. John Cena
Slater comes down and Cena attacks first. Cena with a knee to the gut and a powerbomb for a 2 count. Slater fights out of the corner and knocks Cena down. Slater with a running right hand in the corner and a dropkick. 2 count by Slater. Slater with an atomic drop and a neckbreaker for another 2 count. More offense from Slater. Cena connects with the Attitude Adjustment for the pin and the win.
Winner: John Cena
John Cena vs. David Otunga
David Otunga is the next member of Nexus to face Cena. Otunga heads down the ramp as we go to commercial.
Back from commercial and Otunga is working Cena over in the corner with shoulder thrusts. Otunga with a big uppercut and Cena goes down. Barrett is still standing on the announcer’s table at ringside. Otunga with a suplex now. Otunga with another suplex and a 2 count this time. Otunga goes for another but Cena rolls him up with a small package for the pin.
Winner: John Cena
Michael Tarver vs. John Cena
Tarver runs down next while Cena is trying to get up. Tarver works Cena over in the corner with kicks and punches. Tarver continues the beatdown on Cena now as the referee gets him to try and ease up. Cena fights out, drops Tarver and locks on the STF. Tarver taps out.
Winner: John Cena
John Cena vs. Justin Gabriel
Gabriel rushes the ring next and drops Cena with a spin kick. Another kick by Gabriel. Cena gets to his feet but Gabriel hits another series of kicks for a 2 count. Gabriel goes to the apron and hits a nice splash on Cena for another 2 count. Gabriel works Cena over with right hands now. Cena fights back with rights and hits a big dropkick. 2 count by Cena.
Cena goes to the top rope but Gabriel stops him. Gabriel climbs up and goes for a superplex, nailing it. Gabriel with a 2 count on Cena. Gabriel hits a springboard moonsault on Cena for another 2 count. Barrett looks on and is getting a bit worried. Gabriel waits for Cena to get up and goes for a suplex. Cena counters with one of his own. 2 count by Cena. Back and forth action now with right hands. Gabriel drops Cena with a leg sweep and still only gets a 2 count. Gabriel splashes Cena in the corner and he falls. Gabriel goes for a springboard move but Cena ducks it. Cena hits two shoulder blocks and a big back drop. Cena stares at Barrett before hitting the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Gabriel. Cena goes for the AA but drops it when Nexus rushes the ring. Cena fights everyone off. Barrett brings a chair in the ring but Cena tackles him. Cena takes the chair and swings it, sending everyone running.
Nexus retreats up the ramp as Cena stands guard in the ring with the chair. Cena takes the mic and says Barrett owes him. Right now, Cena vs. Barrett, they end it for good. Barrett has a mic and says that’s quite the offer but he doesn’t have anything to gain by laying Cena to waste once more. The crowd boo’s. Barrett says he needs something to sweeten the deal and Cena says name it. Barrett proposes a match with Cena at Hell in a Cell. If Cena loses, he must join Nexus. Cena says he’s not backing down and accepts it. Cena throws in the stipulation that if Barrett loses, Nexus will be no more. The crowd likes this. Barrett accepts the stipulation. Cena’s music plays. RAW goes off the air with Nexus looking down at Cena from the stage while Cena poses for the fans.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News