WWE RAW Results – 9/6/2010
– Tonight’s Labor Day edition of Monday Night RAW kicks off from Washington, DC with The Nexus standing in the ring and the crowd booing them. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. Barrett says it’s fitting that tonight’s show takes place from the nation’s capital. Barrett says Nexus destroyed a WWE institution last week – The Undertaker. Barrett shows a replay from last week’s 900th episode.
David Otunga says they are the new phenoms of the WWE. Michael Tarver speaks and says if anyone else in WWE could do that to Taker, they would just sit back and savor the moment. Not Nexus. They took out 5 more Superstars that night, he says. Heath Slater speaks next and says he pinned the WWE Champion. Slater tells everyone this three times. Justin Gabriel talks about hitting his 450 on John Cena and Undertaker in the same night. Gabriel shows a replay of him eliminating Cena in the match. Gabriel cuts a promo on Cena. Barrett says after all that, he pinned Randy Orton and de-venomized The Viper. Barrett talks about Night of Champions and says he will bring the WWE Title to Nexus. Barrett says it will be historic, groundbreaking and everything he has said… Randy Orton’s music interrupts and out he comes to the stage.
Orton says he took out two Nexus members in less than 30 seconds last week. Orton says Barrett won’t show a replay of that again but that’s ok because he will just do it again. Orton says he doesn’t care who he pins for the WWE Title at Night of Champions but he will make it his business to RKO Barrett. Barrett tells Orton to try and come give him an RKO right now. The General Manager’s e-mail alert goes off. Michael Cole steps up to the podium and the crowd hates it. Tonight it will be Gabriel vs. Cena and Orton vs. Barrett. Nexus is banned from ringside for both matches. Orton smiles as Nexus vents in the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho to the ring. As he approaches the ring, the e-mail alert goes off again. The GM feels that Jericho and Edge slapped the WWE Universe in the face when they walked out of the main event last week. It’s announced that if Edge and Jericho don’t win their matches tonight, they will be removed from the Six Pack Challenge at Night of Champions. Out comes Jericho’s opponent, John Morrison, as he argues with Cole at ringside.
The bell rings and Jericho knocks Morrison down and goes to work. Jericho is pissed and unloads on Morrison. Morrison counters with a quick roll-up for 2 and another for 2. Jericho with a shoulder and a 2 count. Jericho tosses Morrison over to the floor and demands that Cole tells him who the General Manager is. Jericho goes after Morrison on the floor and we take another commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho has a headlock on Morrison. More back and forth action, 2 count by Jericho. Jericho goes for a backdrop but Morrison counters and hits clotheslines and a heel kick. Morrison with a backbreaker and a 2 count. Morrison with kicks to the leg. Jericho counters and goes for the Walls of Jericho. Morrison stops it. Elbow to the face by Jericho. Jericho misses the Lionsault. Morrison with a kick from the ropes and another 2 count.
Jericho drops Morrison on his face and goes for the Codebreaker. Morrison blocks it and goes for a kick to the head. Jericho ducks it and gets a 2 count roll up. Jericho with an enziguri and a 2 count. Jericho slams Morrison’s face into the mat. Jericho taunts Morrison in the corner now and charges. Morrison moves and Jericho hits the ring post. Morrison misses Starship Pain. Jericho goes for the Walls again and locks it this time. Morrison makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Jericho kicks Morrison in the back and they go to the top turnbuckle and fight it out. Morrison knocks Jericho back in the ring and hits Starship Pain for the pin and the win. Jericho loses his spot at Night of Champions and it looks like Morrison is in the match.
Winner: John Morrison
– After the match, Jericho lays in the ring looking stunned. Jericho exits the ring with his head down and sits on the ring steps. Jericho looks to be in deep thought and is bleeding in his mouth. Cole and Lawler tease that this is a turning point in Jericho’s career. Jericho walks up the ramp with a confused look on his face.
– Cole and Lawler hype John Cena vs. Justin Gabriel as well as Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett for later tonight. Back to commercial break.
WWE Divas Title Match: Melina vs. Alicia Fox
Back from the break and out comes WWE Divas Champion Melina to defend her title. Alicia Fox comes out with a microphone and tells Melina she won’t be competing at Night of Champions because she will. Alicia says she has more followers on Twitter than Melina and LayCool combined. The bell rings and they lock up, going to the corner. Melina with a big backdrop and a boot to the face, sending Alicia out to the floor. Melina brings Alicia back in the ring and continues to control the match. Melina goes up top and hits a crossbody for 2.
Alicia drops Melina into the ropes and turns things around. Melina does her Matrix move and hits a dropkick followed by a clothesline. Melina goes for a move in the corner but Alicia dumps her on the apron. Melina counters a move and hits her Sunset Split finisher for the pin and the win.
– We go backstage and The Miz is looking at something behind a curtain. He tells Josh Matthews that tonight, it’s all about The Miz. He says the world will find out about the journey to awesome. Miz won’t let Josh see what’s behind the curtain. Back to commercial.
– We’re back and Edge is talking with Zack Ryder backstage. Edge isn’t happy about having his Night of Champions spot on the line tonight. Ryder wants to be Edge’s opponent tonight. Edge says he knows the GM is listening and he wants him to make the match with Ryder tonight. Edge says he will smash the computer at ringside if he doesn’t get his way. Ryder says Edge hurt his feelings by calling him a tool. Edge walks off.
-We see Ted DiBiase on the phone backstage. He tells someone that they make him feel good about himself and he loves spending time with them. Ted says he loves them. Maryse walks in and asks who he was on the phone with. Ted says it was his mom. Maryse says “me too.” Ted asks her what does that mean. Maryse says she went back to his limo to get her purse and found this note. Ted reads it and it says, “I want you so bad.” Ted says he didn’t write it and asks Maryse what makes her think the note was written for her. Maryse goes off in French and Ted walks off.
Justin Gabriel vs. John Cena
We go to the ring and out comes Justin Gabriel to the Nexus music. We go to commercial break before John Cena makes his entrance.
Back from commercial and out comes John Cena to a bit of a mixed reaction. The bell rings and they lock up. Side headlock by Gabriel. Cena throws Gabriel out of it. They lock up again and Gabriel takes Cena down by his arm. Back and forth action on their feet. Head scissors on the mat by Cena. “Let’s go Cena” and “Cena sucks” dueling chants. Gabriel goes to work on Cena with kicks and rights now, knocking him back in the corner.
Cena runs into a big elbow from Gabriel and falls out to the floor. Gabriel goes out and brings him back in the ring. Gabriel drops Cena on his back and gets a 2 count. Gabriel with kicks now. Another 2 count by Gabriel. More offense from Gabriel including a submission hold. Cena powers out but Gabriel counters that and powerbombs him. 2 count by Gabriel.
Gabriel goes for a springboard moonsault from the top but Cena moves out of the way. Cena comes back with shoulders and a big slam. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Attitude Adjustment. Gabriel counters it and drops Cena on his head. Gabriel with a kick to the face. Gabriel drags Cena to the corner and goes up top for the 450. Cena stops him and unloads with right hands. Cena hits the AA from the second rope but landed awkwardly. Cena covers for the pin and the win.
Winner: John Cena
– We go ringside to Cole and Lawler. They lead us into an exclusive preview of Legendary, starring John Cena, which comes out this Friday.
– Back from the break and WWE’s United States Champion The Miz is in the ring. He introduces himself with his full name. There’s a black apron over the ring and Miz has something hidden to display. Miz talks about being a reality TV star and going onto WWE Tough Enough and then being the host of SmackDown. Miz talks about being told to leave WWE by the fans and them telling him he has no talent. Miz goes on to talk about his WWE career and pulls the curtain to unveil… his new WWE Magazine cover. Miz says he deserves to be called awesome. Daniel Bryan’s music hits and out he comes.
Bryan comes out and introduces himself to Miz, which gets a pop. Miz says Bryan has accomplished nothing in WWE. Bryan jokes on his own theme music. Bryan says if anything, he’s the anti-Superstar. Bryan says if he faces Miz for the United States Title, he can beat him. Miz says if that happened, the next WWE Magazine might look like this… Miz shows a cover on the screen where Miz tapped out to Bryan. Bryan says he can become the next United States Champion. Miz accepts Bryan’s challenge. Miz goes to attack but Bryan turns it into the crossface. Alex Riley runs in from the crowd and attacks Bryan. Bryan dumps Miz to the floor and applies the submission on Riley. Riley taps out while Miz looks on from ringside. Bryan kicks over Miz’s magazine cover display and they stare each other down as Bryan’s music plays.
– We get a This Week in WWE History and it’s WCW Nitro’s debut at the Mall of America, head-to-head against RAW. They call Nitro’s debut a direct hit against RAW. They show Lex Luger’s WCW arrival, which was just hours after his final WWE appearance. The video highlights the Monday Night Wars and actually puts WCW over before covering WWE purchasing WCW. We go to commercial.
Edge vs. The Great Khali
Out comes Edge for the next match, with his Night of Champions spot on the line. Out next comes Edge’s opponent, The Great Khali, and not Zack Ryder. Edge goes ringside and teases destroying the GM’s laptop but he doesn’t. The bell rings and Edge rolls out to the floor to start mocking Khali. Edge comes in the ring but rolls right back out and continues his Khali impression. Edge grabs Ranjin Singh but Khali grabs him by his hair. Edge goes up the ramp and Khali follows him. Edge attacks Khali’s knee and runs back to the ring. The referee has been counting the whole time and Khali can’t make it back in time.
Winner by Count Out: Edge
– After the match, Edge celebrates as the e-mail alert goes off. The GM refuses to acknowledge Edge’s cheap victory and restarts the match. It will now be a No DQ, Over the Top Challenge. We go to commercial.
Over the Top Challenge: Edge vs. The Great Khali
Back from the break and the bell rings. Khali knocks Edge down first and goes to work. Khali with a huge chop in the corner. Edge rolls under the bottom rope and goes to the floor. Khali goes over the top rope and brings Edge back in. Cole says Khali just eliminated himself and the referee must have missed it. Edge works on Khali now. Edge goes for a spear but Khali catches him and throws him through the second rope. Edge grabs Khali’s leg and pulls him over the top rope, winning the match.
– Back from the break and Josh Matthews is backstage with Chris Jericho. Jericho is just staring off. Matthews reminds Jericho he said he would leave WWE if he didn’t win the title at Night of Champions. Matthews asks Jericho what his plans are now. Jericho seems to have nothing to say and Matthews walks off. Jericho is still staring off. Morrison comes over and sits down beside Jericho. Morrison asks Jericho if he still thinks he’s the best in the world at what he does. Morrison tells him not to worry, things will get better. Jericho looks over and stares at Morrison, then turns his head back and stares off into space.
Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton
We come back and John Cena, Edge and Sheamus are all on commentary now. Out first for the main event comes Wade Barrett. It takes a few minutes but Randy Orton finally makes his way out to a big pop.
The bell rings and Orton takes control quick. They fight and go to the floor. Orton slams Barrett into the announcer’s table in front of everyone. Orton continues to work Barrett over and brings him back in the ring. Orton stops away on Barrett now. Barrett tries to come back but can’t. Finally Barrett hits a big boot to the face and Orton goes down. Barrett works over Orton now.
Barrett with more offense including a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Orton fights back and counters Barrett with a backdrop. Barrett with a backbreaker for a 2 count now. Barrett drops Orton with right hands. Barrett goes for his Wasteland finisher but Orton counters and he goes down. Orton drops Barrett with a clothesline and a kick. Orton with a big powerslam now. Orton goes for his second-rope DDT but Barrett counters and dumps Orton over to the floor. Music hits and out comes Darren Young to the stage. Young says Barrett and Nexus can’t kick him out of the group and get away with it. Young says he is going to show why he wasn’t the weakest link, he is the missing link. Young approaches the ring. Orton comes from behind and RKO’s Barrett for the pin and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Young comes in the ring like he’s cool with Orton. Orton lays him out with an RKO. Edge comes in for a spear on Orton but gets hit with an RKO. Sheamus tries a big kick but Orton lays him out with another RKO. Cena comes in the ring and stares down with Orton. RAW goes off the air with the two staring each other down in the ring.