WWE Raw Results – August 30, 2010
- Tonight’s 900th episode of WWE Monday Night RAW kicks off with a video package with clips from different RAW shows over the year. And the pyro explodes inside the TD Garden in Boston as Michael Cole welcomes us to the 900th RAW. Jerry Lawler plugs tonight’s 5-on-5 elimination match with RAW vs. Nexus.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart. Bret takes the mic and says hello to Boston. Bret talks about RAW debuting 17 years ago and says even he wondered if RAW would catch on. Bret says it looks like it’s doing pretty damn good and the crowd pops. Bret continues to put RAW over as a TV show. Bret says only he and Undertaker are still here from the first episode of RAW. Bret says he thought it would be appropriate if…. Kane’s pyro goes off and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion to the ring.
Kane says there is no Undertaker anymore, thanks to him. Kane says he is a Phenom, no longer. Kane says Taker is just a man. The crowd chants big time for Taker. Kane says Taker is like Bret – weak, feeble, straggly, over the hill and irreversibly damaged. Kane says Taker hasn’t been himself since he ended the career of Shawn Michaels. Kane says Bret must have loved seeing that. Bret says Taker will beat Kane like he always does. Kane says the one thing he’s always wanted was to break out of Taker’s shadow and prove he was the devil’s favorite demon. Kane says he needs to take out an icon, like Taker did to HBK. Kane says he needs to take out Bret. Kane grabs Bret by his throat when The Hart Dynasty runs down. Kane knocks them back out of the ring. Bret tries to fight Kane but he grabs Bret by the throat again. The lights go out and Taker’s bells toll. They come back on and Taker is standing in the ring looking at Kane. Kane shakes his head no, laughs and backs out of the ring, up the ramp.
The e-mail alert goes off and Michael Cole gets boo’d big time from the crowd. The General Manager is making tonight’s main event Bret Hart vs. Undertaker. We go to our first break.
Back from the break and we get another RAW rewind. We go to the ring where Kofi Kingston, Michael McGillicutty, Daniel Bryan and Kaval are waiting for this triple threat tag team match. Out next comes Alex Riley and United States Champion The Miz. The match starts off with Riley, Bryan and Kofi in the ring. Riley beats down Bryan but gets dropkicked by Kofi for a 2 count. Bryan goes at it with Kofi now.
Bryan works over Kofi and takes Riley to the corner. Kofi comes up with a 2 count on Bryan. Riley drops Kofi on his back for a 2 count. Kofi hits the Boom Drop on Riley but Bryan breaks it up. Kofi and Bryan collide in mid-air. Kaval and MCGillicutty come in now off tags. Kaval counters a move and applies a submission. Riley breaks it up. Miz gets dropped on the apron. Kaval rolls up McGillicutty for a 2 count. Kaval drops him him with a kick and goes to the top. Kaval hits the Warrior’s Way but Miz comes from behind. Miz hits Skull Crushing Finale on Kaval for the pin and the win.
Winners: The Miz and Alex Riley
– After the match, Riley gets on the apron but Bryan knocks him off to the floor. Miz runs back down to the ring and hits Bryan in the face with his Money in the Bank briefcase. Miz lays out Bryan and leaves to the back with Riley.
– Cole and Lawler plugs RAW vs. Nexus and Bret Hart vs. Undertaker for tonight. Back to commercial.
LayCool vs. Eve Torres and Melina
Back from the break and the co-Women’s Champions Michelle McCool and Layla are in the ring. Out next comes the team of Eve and the WWE Divas Champion Melina. Michelle and Melina start the match out. Melina strikes first but McCool takes her down for a 2 count. Layla comes in and drops Melina on her face. Layla taunts Melina. Melina pushes Layla into McCool, sending her to the floor. Melina takes advantage and rolls Layla up for the quick win.
Winners: Eve and Melina
– After the match, McCool and Layla get on the mic. They put Melina down and pick on her for always crying. They challenge Melina to a Unification match at Night of Champions. One of them will face Melina and then unify the Divas and Women’s Titles. Melina says she accepts… but under one condition… it’s a Lumberjill match. LayCool agrees to the match and it’s on for Night of Champions. Kelly Kelly, The Bella Twins and Gail Kim to the stage. Maryse, Jillian, Alicia Fox and Tamina, the other RAW Divas, come out on the other side of the stage.
– We go backstage where Nexus is talking in their locker room. Michael Tarver says people think because they kicked out Darren Young and Skip Sheffield is, Nexus isn’t the same. There seems to be some tension here. Wade Barrett says tonight they face 5 of WWE’s biggest stars and in a few weeks, he becomes the WWE Champion. Barrett says they will do something unforgettable tonight and he knows exactly what it is.
– Back from the break and Chris Jericho is backstage with Josh Matthews. Josh goes to ask Jericho about RAW memories but he cuts him off. Jericho says he is going to take matters into his own hands. Jericho says if he doesn’t win the WWE Title, this is the last you will see of him in WWE. Jericho says tonight, he’s going to prove that he’s the best in the world at what he does.
We go to the ring and out comes John Morrison. His partner, R-Truth is out next to decide a new set of #1 contenders for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Back from the break and out comes Cody Rhodes, representing SmackDown. Out next is Cody’s partner, Drew McIntyre. Cody and Truth start the match off for their teams. Cody strikes first but Truth takes him down with a big hip toss. Cody knocks Morrison off the ropes. Morrison and Truth double team Cody now until Drew comes in. All four men are in the ring fighting now. The referee throws the match out and calls for the bell. Cody is tossed to the floor and Truth flies over the top rope and lands on him. Morrison and Drew go at it on the floor. Morrison pushes Drew into Cole’s podium. Truth and Morrison hit the ramp as Drew and Cody are down at ringside.
Winners: No Contest
– Lawler plugs Taker vs. Hart in tonight’s main event as we go back to commercial.
Bret Hart vs. The Undertaker
We go to the ring and out comes Bret Hart for his big match with The Undertaker. The lights go out next and out comes The Undertaker with his grand entrance. The Nexus theme music hits and out comes Wade Barrett. He says this match isn’t happening tonight. Barrett says people care about the future of RAW – which is Nexus and himself. Barrett says he is going to do something people will talk about – denounce Bret Hart and prove Taker is a dead man. Barrett enters the ring after Taker. Taker hits him with punches and a big boot. Taker clotheslines Barrett out to the floor and turns to Bret Hart. The lights go out and Taker’s bell tolls. They come back on and Kane is in the ring. Kane and Taker trade right hands in the middle of the ring. Taker grabs Kane for a chokeslam and the lights go out again. They come back on and Kane is gone. The Nexus music hits and out comes Michael Tarver, Heath Slater, David Otunga and Justin Gabriel. They surround the ring with Taker in it.
Taker fights all of Nexus off and grabs Barrett for a chokeslam. The lights go out again and the bells toll. They come back on and Barrett has Taker on his shoulders. Barrett slams Taker with his finisher. We see Kane looking on from the stage. Nexus drags Taker over to the corner and Justin Gabriel hits the 450. Nexus stands over Taker. He tries to sit up but can’t. Kane looks on and laughs from the stage. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a replay of what just happened with Undertaker.
Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne
Jack Swagger comes out with a mic and tells the crowd to hail him on his return to RAW. Swagger says he is returning as a former World Champion. Out next comes Swagger’s opponent, Evan Bourne.
The bell rings and Swagger goes to work on Bourne. Bourne starts to fight back when Alberto Del Rio’s music hits. Albert drives a Bentley into the arena as his personal ring announcer introduces him. Swagger and Bourne continue to fight in the ring with Swagger in control. Del Rio walks to the stage as his pyro goes off. Swagger hits Bourne with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Bourne counters Swagger and drops him with a kick as Del Rio makes his way to ringside. Bourne goes to the top but misses Air Bourne. Swagger takes out Bourne’s leg and applies the Ankle Lock. Bourne taps out for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Del Rio takes the mic and introduces himself. Del Rio says thanks to him, Rey Mysterio is not going to be here tonight. He says the only place you can see Rey is the hospital. Del Rio says what he did to Rey last week was incredible. He says he’s not completely happy because his audience from RAW didn’t see it. Del Rio says he’s going to recreate that magic moment, just for the RAW fans tonight. Del Rio grabs a chair and runs in the ring, chasing off officials, who are tending to Evan Bourne. Del Rio applies his arm bar finisher to Bourne and won’t let go. Del Rio breaks the hold but kicks Bourne in the gut before going to the floor after him. Del Rio wraps Bourne’s arm in the chair like he did with Mysterio. Mark Henry runs down but Del Rio runs towards him with a chair. Henry punches the chair and Del Rio runs up the ramp. Del Rio smiles at Henry.
– Cole and Lawler talk about WWE’s recent show in China. We go to a video package showing the WWE stars in Shanghai for the big event.
– Back from the break and we get another RAW rewind video, this time featuring The Rock from 1999.
– We go tot he ring and out comes CM Punk with Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury. Punk takes the mic and asks if we know who he is better than. Punk says The Rock. Punk says he doesn’t drink, smoke or make crappy movies like The Tooth Fairy. Punk asks if the fans like The Rock and if they miss him on RAW. Punk puts down RAW and says for 900 shows, they have been promoting poor family values. Punk says he’s got two words for you… Katie Vick. He says to youtube it if you don’t understand and it will drive you to drinking and then he can save you. Punk says exhibit A and shows a video from 2009 of Triple H breaking into Randy Orton’s home. Exhibit B is from 2006, John Cena throwing Edge into water. Exhibit C is trespassing. Punk shows the video from 1998 of DX invading a WCW show with their tank. The next video is from 2007, a beer bath from Steve Austin to Santino Marella. Punk says the fans would love to see Steve Austin come down and spray him with beer. The glass breaks and Steve Austin’s music hits!
Austin’s music plays for a minute and CM Punk starts laughing. Punk says everyone fell for it. Punk puts the crowd down and says he is happy they’re disappointed Austin isn’t really here. Punk has one more clip, from a good show he says, SmackDown. It’s from 2003 and it’s Brock Lesnar superplexing Big Show when the ring collapsed. Punk says he could watch that clip over and over. Punk says Show is criminally obese. Punk says he doesn’t know who the other guy was, referring to Lesnar. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes.
Show comes in the ring and attempts some comedy. Show namedrops Eddie Guerrero and an “Eddie” chant breaks out. Show brings up funny situations he’s been in and talks about doing the Sumo match and being caught on video kissing Vickie Guerrero. Big Show says Punk’s fat jokes don’t hurt him. Show does a Hulk Hogan impersonation on the Straight Edge Society. Punk says Show isn’t funny and nobody likes him. Show says that was mean. Punk says they are better than Big Show. Show knocks Punk down with a big shot to the chest and drops Mercury. Luke Gallows attacks but Show beats him down and clotheslines him to the floor. SES retreats as we go to commercial.
– Josh Matthews is on the stage and he introduces the WWE Champion Sheamus. Matthews starts talking but Sheamus snatches the mic from him. Sheamus talks about Triple H not being here to celebrate tonight. Sheamus says Triple H is never coming back, thanks to him. Sheamus talks about the match at Night of Champions and says it isn’t fair. Sheamus puts down the fans and says he’s the only real Irishman in the city. Sheamus talks about tonight’s main event and Randy Orton. Sheamus says he’s been discriminated against. Edge’s music hits and out he comes with a mic.
Edge says Sheamus is giving him a headache. Edge talks about some of his memories on RAW since debuting. Edge talks about what he’s accomplished in WWE and says he will win the Six Pack Challenge at Night of Champions. Edge walks down to the ring for tonight’s main event as we go to commercial.
Edge, Sheamus, Randy Orton, John Cena and Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Michael Tarver, David Otunga and Heath Slater
Edge, Sheamus, Randy Orton, John Cena and Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Michael Tarver, David Otunga and Heath Slater
Back from commercial and out comes the rest of Team RAW, with John Cena coming out last to a big pop. The Nexus music hits next and out they come as one to the ring. We go to commercial as they approach the ring.
Back to the match and it’s Tarver starting out with Jericho. There’s some stalling here. A chant for Jericho breaks out. Jericho rolls out of the ring and walks half-way up the ramp. The ref counts and Jericho goes to run back down. He stops, smiles and walks to the back as the ref counts him out. Edge comes in to face Tarver. Edge pushes the referee down and is disqualified. It’s now 3 vs. 5. Edge leaves to the back with a smile on his face also.
Cena comes in now to face Tarver. Cena works him over and hits the bulldog. Rights by Cena, backing Tarver into the corner. Cena tags in Sheamus. Sheamus with kicks and forearms on Tarver. Sheamus with a 2 count now. Slater comes in but Sheamus drops him two times in a row with clotheslines. Sheamus with a suplex and a 2 count. Sheamus with knees to the gut in the corner now. Sheamus works Slater over on the apron now and knocks him to the floor. Back in the ring and Sheamus gets a 2 count. Otunga comes in and locks up with Sheamus. They collide in the middle of the ring and Otunga poses. Sheamus responds with a clothesline. Otunga with a kick to the face but Sheamus hits another clothesline. Stomps by Sheamus in the corner.
Otunga counters and mounts Sheamus with rights. Slater is tagged back in for a minute. Gabriel comes in and hits big right hands to Sheamus’ face. Gabriel holds Sheamus as Barrett comes in with a big kick to the gut. Barrett stomps on Sheamus and tags back in Slater. More of the same here. Sheamus gets backed into their corner and knocks everyone off the apron but Gabriel. Gabriel kicks Sheamus and Slater hits finisher for the pin. Sheamus is eliminated.
Barrett comes in and takes out Cena. He distracts the ref while Nexus works Cena over on the floor. Barrett comes out and slams Cena into the announcer’s table. Back in the ring and Barrett gets a 2 count. Gabriel comes in for some double teaming with Barrett. The ref is distracted again as Barrett takes advantage on the outside. Gabriel covers Cena for a 2 count. Gabriel with a splash in the corner and another 2 count. Otunga is taged in and he kicks Cena in the gut. Otunga goes for a suplex but Cena counters it and hits one of his own. Otunga charges Orton and knocks him off the apron. Cena trips Otunga and locks on the STF. Otunga taps out. David Otunga is eliminated.
Justin Gabriel drops Cena and goes up top. Gabriel hits the 450 Splash for the pin. Cena is eliminated. Orton comes in and RKO’s Gabriel for the pin. Gabriel is eliminated. Tarver comes in and Orton RKO’s him for the pin. Tarver is eliminated. Barrett comes in and drops Orton with his finisher for the pin and final elimination.
Winners: Wade Barrett and The Nexus
– RAW goes off the air with Barrett posing in the ring while Orton and Cena are still down.