WWE Raw Results – July 5, 2010
– Tonight’s RAW opens with the members The Nexus, including Wade Barrett, standing in the ring. Barrett steps out in front of the group and starts talking. Barrett says he received an e-mail from the General Manager last week informing him to bring the members of Nexus to the ring to start tonight’s show. Barrett says they cannot reveal right now why they did what they did to Mr. McMahon, but rest assured it needed to happen. Barrett says this is all part of a bigger picture, a much bigger picture. The crowd boo’s.
Barrett says Vince thought he controlled them but he did not. Barrett says Vince has no idea of their agenda. Barrett says Skip Sheffield has something to say about Ricky Steamboat. The crowd boo’s. Sheffield says unlike what they did to Vince, what they did to the Legends was for fun. Sheffield says they found a loophole in the GM’s ruling and exploited it. Sheffield says the fans won’t admit it but they loved every second of it. Sheffield says more people are interested in Steamboat’s DVD now that they attacked him. Sheffield says he should be thanking them. The e-mail alert goes off. Now they flicker the lights when it goes off. Michael Cole steps up to the podium. The GM’s message says that for their assault on Vince McMahon, none of the Nexus members can compete for a WWE title until further notice. Furthermore, the ruling of RAW and Nexus stars not being able to touch each other has been lifted. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes.
Cena comes out to the stage as the Nexus members get ready to fight. Cena says they’ve done quite a lot since they arrived but there’s one thing they haven’t done. That’s get themselves into a fair fight. Cena brings out Randy Orton, R-Truth, John Morrison, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, David Hart Smith and they all go to the ring. As they go to the ring, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, The Miz, Edge The Usos and Ted DiBiase run down. The RAW heels attack the RAW faces. The faces clear the ring of the heels. Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment on DiBiase. The heels rush to the stage. Sheamus takes the mic and says Cena don’t get it. Cena asks what the hell they are doing. Apparently Nexus ran away during the RAW brawl. Sheamus says maybe they don’t want to take out Nexus. Sheamus says everyone on the stage supports Nexus trying to take out guys like Cena and Bret Hart. Sheamus says Cena asked him last week to join the fight against Nexus. Sheamus says he and everyone else with him on the stage declines that off. Orton takes the mic and says he and Cena aren’t friends, and probably won’t be. Unless they have to, he says. Orton says Nexus is a serious threat to them all. Orton asks Edge if he’s forgotten how they jumped them at Fatal 4 Way. They propose a match right now. The e-mail goes off again. Cole announces that the eight Money in the Bank participants will face each other in singles action tonight. Cena will face Wade Barrett tonight but it won’t be a match. The GM wants Cena and Barrett to shake hands and call a truce. Cena says he will knock Wade’s teeth out. Another email comes in. The GM says he needs Cena to be the bigger man here and do the right thing. If not, Cena’s actions will be met with appropriate consequences. “And that’s the bottom line, because the GM says so,” Cole reads. We go to commercial.
John Morrison vs. Ted DiBiase
Back from the break and out comes John Morrison. Cole says he got an e-mail from the GM moments ago to setup this first match of Money in the Bank competitors. Out next is his opponent, Ted DiBiase. Ted has Maryse at his side.
I missed the first part of the match but Ted gets an early 2 count after striking first when the bell rang. They go back and forth now. Morrison with a roll-up. Morrison with right hands and then a big clothesline. Morrison with a dropkick and another 2 count. Ted catches Morrison with a scoop slam for a 2 count of his own. Morrison with an enziguri kick and both men are down. Maryse gets up and puts on Morrison’s fur coat. She gets on the steps and distracts Morrison. Ted pokes Morrison in the eye. Morrison fights back but gets hit with Dream Street. Ted covers for the pin and the win.
Winner: Ted DiBiase
– Backstage we see Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov walking. Santino is talking about their new team. Kozlov says if Santino loses, he’s putting his fist in Santino’s face.
– Cole and Lawler show us a replay of Nexus beating down John Cena a few weeks back. Cole teases a possible truce between Cena and Wade Barrett as we go to commercial.
Santino Marella vs. William Regal
Back from the break and we get a replay of Vladimir Kozlov saving Santino Marella from a William Regal attack last week. We go to the ring and out comes the team of Santino and Vladimir. Out next comes William Regal. He takes the mic and says they have made an enemy out of him now and he will do anything for revenge. Regal says he’s gotten himself a monster and out comes The Great Khali with Ranjin Singh. Cole says Singh and Khali have been at odds lately. Khali doesn’t look too happy tonight. Cole says Singh is trying to get Khali to be more aggressive. The bell rings and it’s Regal starting out with Kozlov.
Kozlov and Regal go at it. Kozlov tags in Santino and holds Regal for a Santino shot from the second rope. Santino does some comedy here in front of Regal. Regal decks Santino and drops him. Kozlov comes back in and lays out Regal for the quick pin and the win.
Winners: Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov
– After the match, The Great Khali comes in the ring. He tells Santino and Kozlov to pick Regal up and they do. Khali lays Regal out with a big chop to the head. Singh comes in the ring. They all dance to Khali’s music. Kozlov just stands there with his head down.
– We get a graphic for The Cutting Edge with our host Edge tonight. His guests will be Evan Bourne and Chris Jericho. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Lawler talks about the attack last week from Nexus on Ricky Steamboat and the WWE Legends. Lawler leads us into a video package replaying the segment.
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and Arn Anderson. Arn says that footage is hard to watch. He says Ricky is bad, he doesn’t know how bad, but he is bad. Arn says the doctors say it doesn’t look good. Sheamus appears behind Arn and smiles. Arn tells Josh he might want to get out of here and turns around to face Sheamus. Sheamus says Arn used to be The Enforcer but now he’s just a pathetic old man. Arn says one thing he never was is blind and stupid. Arn tells Sheamus he’s not safe with Nexus running around. Arn tells Sheamus to put aside the egos and team with the RAW stars before their company goes up in smoke. Sheamus says Nexus is as smart as the Four Horsemen ever were because they don’t mess with him and his matches. Arn says right now, Sheamus is the Champion, but if he doesn’t get together with the RAW stars, he might be a shark patrolling around an empty “butthole.” Arn is trying to get Sheamus to work with the RAW stars. Sheamus says he is WWE Champion and doesn’t have to. Arn says Sheamus just doesn’t get it and walks off.
– Cole and Lawler hype The Miz vs. R-Truth and Eve vs. Alicia Fox for the WWE Divas Title. We go back to commercial.
R-Truth vs. The Miz
Back from the break and R-Truth comes out rapping. Truth’s music hits again and out comes The Miz, rapping to Truth’s theme song, again. Before the bell, they go at it on the floor after Miz hit a cheap shot. Miz throws Truth into the steps and uses the ringpost on his arm. Miz lays Truth on the apron and beats him in the arm some more. Miz slams Truth’s arm down and Truth rolls out to the floor, clutching his arm in pain. Miz just sits there and stares at him. The match never started. Trainers come down and help Truth to the back. Miz taunts him. Miz says anyone who steps in the ring with him, he’s going to do the same thing to them. Miz says that’s the truth and he’s awesome. Back to commercial.
– We go to the ring and out comes Edge for The Cutting Edge. Ladders are setup around the ring and a briefcase hangs from up above. Edge talks about what Orton said earlier and Nexus. Edge says he’s smarter than everyone else. Edge says why make 7 enemies when you can make 7 allies. Edge says Nexus needs direction and he’s willing to help them with that. Edge talks about the Money in the Bank match. Edge introduces Evan Bourne but Chris Jericho’s music plays. Out comes Jericho.
Jericho says he doesn’t take a backseat to Bourne, Edge or anyone else. Jericho says Edge is trying to pander to Nexus so they won’t attack him. Jericho reminds everyone that he was the one who helped Wade Barrett win NXT. Jericho says he’d like to think that Nexus’ destruction is credited to him. Jericho says if anyone is going to be a mentor or potential adviser to Nexus, it’s him. Edge says he owns Money in the Bank and it’s his match. Edge says he might just cash it in on the Champion that night after the steel cage match. Jericho says Edge has always wanted to be like him, always idolized him. Jericho says he is the greatest performer ever and he can’t be replaced. Jericho says he will win Money in the Bank and become champion, making sure Edge never gets a title shot again. Edge decks Jericho with a right hand and lays him out. Edge sets up a ladder in the corner. Jericho counters and locks on the Walls of Jericho. Evan Bourne comes down and hits the double knees on Jericho. Edge and Jericho try to catch Bourne but they can’t. The e-mail alert goes off and Cole has an announcement from the GM. It’s.. “if you want to see some action, give me a hell yeah!” The crowd pops for this. Edge and Jericho will team up now to face Bourne and his partner, Randy Orton. Out comes Orton and we go to commercial so they can clear the ring.
Randy Orton and Evan Bourne vs. Chris Jericho and Edge
Back from the break and it’s Bourne starting the match off with Jericho. Jericho takes Bourne down and works him over under the rope. Bourne hits a knee to the face and knocks Jericho down in the corner. Bourne with a flying move in the corner and a 2 count. Bourne with kicks to the knees and a tag to Orton. Orton comes in with a kick to the gut on Jericho. Orton works Jericho over in the corner now with uppercuts. Orton launches Jericho in the corner and he goes down. Jericho scrambles and tags in Edge.
Edge comes in and locks up with Orton. Orton with a big clothesline. Orton drops a big knee on Edge and covers for a 2 count. Orton takes Edge back down and starts stomping on him. Orton tags in Bourne. Orton trips Edge which allows Bourne to hit a low dropkick. Bourne with a 2 count. Bourne with kicks now. Jericho is tagged in. Bourne takes him out with kicks and sends him to the floor. Bourne hits a dropkick through the ropes, sending Jericho into the barrier. Bourne flies over the ropes now and lands on Jericho and the floor.
Edge comes in and locks up with Orton. Orton with a big clothesline. Orton drops a big knee on Edge and covers for a 2 count. Orton takes Edge back down and starts stomping on him. Orton tags in Bourne. Orton trips Edge which allows Bourne to hit a low dropkick. Bourne with a 2 count. Bourne with kicks now. Jericho is tagged in. Bourne takes him out with kicks and sends him to the floor. Bourne hits a dropkick through the ropes, sending Jericho into the barrier. Bourne flies over the ropes now and lands on Jericho and the floor. Jericho comes back in the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Edge has Bourne down on the mat. Edge with a 2 count. Edge tags in Jericho and he goes to work on Bourne. Jericho with a backbreaker. He holds it and turns it into a submission. More back and forth until Edge is tagged in. Bourne counters a suplex with a knee to the face and lays out Edge. Edge goes to tag Jericho but Jericho hesitates. Orton comes in and clotheslines Jericho and hits a big scoop slam. Orton brings Jericho in the ring from the apron with his second rope DDT. Orton is distracted which lets Jericho kick him in the head. Edge comes in now and starts stomping on Orton.
Jericho comes back in and continues the assault on Orton in the corner. Edge strikes while Jericho distracts the referee. Orton gets up and fights his way out of the corner but gets dropped with a dropkick. 2 count by Jericho. Jericho with a headlock now. Orton tries to fight out but Jericho hits a bulldog. Jericho goes for the Lionsault but Orton moves out of the way. Jericho goes to tag Edge but Edge hesitates now. Bourne comes in and takes Edge out with a scissors. Bourne with a dropkick now and then a spin kick to the face. Edge kicks Bourne in mid-air after he comes off the second rope. Edge tags in Jericho and they argue now. Bourne kicks Jericho in the head and he goes down. Jericho gets up but Edge spears him. Edge takes off and leaves up the ramp. Bourne goes to the top rope and hits Air Bourne on Jericho for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Evan Bourne
– After the match, Bourne celebrates in the ring as Orton looks around. Orton spins Bourne around and lays him out with an RKO. We go to replays.
– We go to another clip of the Nexus attack on John Cena. Cole teases the possible truce between Barrett and Cena later tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and David Otunga, Michael Tarver and Heath Slater approach Randy Orton backstage. They say the reason they interrupted the WWE Title match at Fatal 4 Way was to make a statement against WWE. Tarver says they are trying to apologize. Slater says they won’t interfere on Orton anymore. Otunga says depending on the possible truce tonight, he might have to interfere in the steel cage match at Money in the Bank for the WWE Title. Otunga talks about influencing who the WWE Champion is. Otunga says Orton should think about this. Orton says he hears them but tells them to get out of his face.
– Cole and Lawler run down the Money in the Bank card. We go backstage with Josh Matthews. A tag title match for Money in the Bank is announced. Matthews brings in The Usos and Tamina. They say this is exactly what they’ve been waiting for since joining WWE. One Uso bets the other Uso $1,000 that Matthews doesn’t know which brother is which. He gets it wrong. Tamina informs Matthews which is Jimmy and which is Jey. Jey says they will win the belts in two weeks. The Usos walk off and Alicia Fox walks up. She says she won the Divas Title two weeks ago and hasn’t been interviewed once. Alicia says it wasn’t a fluke that she won the belt at Fatal 4 Way. She says watch what she’s about to do to Eve. Alicia walks off to the ring and we go to commercial.
WWE Divas Title Match: Eve vs. Alicia Fox
Back from commercial and the WWE Divas Champion Alicia Fox is in the ring. We go to replays from Fatal 4 Way where she won the belt. Out next comes Eve Torres, who is using her rematch clause. The bell rings and they go at it. Eve hits dropkicks and a clothesline early on for a 2 count. Alicia goes down on her ankle and sells it. Eve tries to go at her and the referee checks on Alicia. Alicia tells the ref she wants to continue. Eve charges and Alicia was faking. Alicia drops Eve and hits the heel kick for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Alicia Fox
– We go to another clip of Nexus attacking John Cena.
– Back from commercial and out comes Wade Barrett to the ring, representing Nexus. Barrett takes the mic and says John Cena needs to understand everything they’ve done has a purpose. Barrett asks Cena to come out so they can shake hands like men. Cena’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Barrett tells Cena that he is not in the future plans of Nexus. Barrett says he’s representing Nexus because he wants to shake Cena’s hand and put everything behind them. Barrett wants to move on. He says the Nexus is going to be here for a long time. They can make Cena’s life real easy, or harder than it has been. Barrett says the choice is Cena’s. Cena says if they shake hands right now, this stops. Cena goes to shake Barrett’s hand but pulls it away. Cena says why stop when they’re having so much fun. Cena says he looks to the future and cuts a silly promo.
Cena tells Barrett he can take his future plans and shove them up his Nexus. Cena says he looks forward to the future. Cena says the future is him taking down every single member of Nexus. Cena says whether he does it alone or with help, he will take them all out. Barrett says what they’ve done to Cena in the past is nothing compared what they can do to him in the future. Barrett says this is Cena’s last chance. Shake his hand or face severe consequences. Cena drop the mic as Barrett extends his hand. Cena grabs Barrett and raises him for the Attitude Adjustment. Wade slides out as Nexus storms the ring and beats Cena down. Evan Bourne runs down to help but they beat him down too. John Morrison is out next but he goes down also. Mark Henry comes out, bringing The Great Khali, Vladimir Kozlov, Goldust, The Hart Dynasty and others. The RAW and Nexus stars brawl in the ring. Nexus retreats as Darren Young is left in the ring. The e-mail alert goes off and Cole has an announcement from the GM. The GM says he wanted peace and if this don’t stop, there will be consequences. Cena locks the STF on Young. The alert goes off again. The GM says because of Cena’s actions, he will face Nexus in a 7-on-1 handicap match last week. Young starts to crawl out of the ring but Cena unloads on him. Cena stomps and punches on Young and hits a big clothesline. Cena goes outside and gets the steel steps. Young is also on the outside after more punishment from Cena. Cena throws Young into the WWE crew chairs at ringside. Cena tips the announcer’s table over on Young and gets back in the ring. Cena mouths “6 on 1” and poses for the fans in the corner. RAW goes off the air.