WWE Raw Results – June 21, 2010
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens with the usual intro video. The pyro goes off inside the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, CT as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about the NXT Rookies interrupting last night’s main event where Sheamus won the WWE Title.
– No Chance starts playing and out comes Vince McMahon to a nice pop from the crowd. Vince makes his way down to the ring like only Vince can do.
Vince takes the mic and welcomes everyone to Monday Night RAW. Vince talks about the Fatal 4 Way main event and Sheamus being WWE Champion. Vince says there’s only one person to blame for that chaos – Bret Hart. Vince says he told Bret about making tough decisions as GM but says Bret made a bad decision when he fired Wade Barrett last week and dismissed the Rookies. Vince says this set off a whole chain of reactions. Vince talks about Bret being thrown in the limousine last week. Vince says that’s no reason for Bret not showing up last night. Vince says Bret didn’t hire further security or anything. Vince blames it all on Bret.
Vince says he has no choice but to relieve Bret of his duties as General Manager. Bret… you’re fired, says Vince. Vince says a new General Manager will be running things now. Vince says this person prefers to remain anonymous. Vince says the new GM will be issuing his instructions via e-mail through the computer at the announcer’s table. Vince tells Cole when he receives an e-mail, he must announce it. A sound goes off and Cole gets an e-mail. Cole reads it and it says that all 7 members of the NXT Season 1 have been officially hired and they will address the WWE Universe tonight. Vince tells everyone to enjoy themselves tonight and goes to walk off when Sheamus’ music hits.
The New WWE Champion makes his way to the ring. Vince introduces him. Sheamus looks irritated. A “you suck” chant breaks out. Sheamus says he’s sorry but this isn’t how he wanted to win the WWE Title. Sheamus says he wanted to win last night on his own but that didn’t happen. Sheamus says he doesn’t deserve the belt and can’t accept it under these conditions. Sheamus goes to hand the belt to Vince but stops and smiles. Sheamus says he will take the belt anyway. He’s laughing now and declares himself the new WWE Champion, no matter how it happened. Sheamus thanks the NXT Rookies for interfering last night and giving him the opportunity that he needed.
Sheamus says he didn’t need the Rookies help and could have won the match on his own. Sheamus says the only statement that was made last night was him winning his second WWE Title. Sheamus continues but is interrupted by John Cena’s music. Cena comes out to a big pop.
Cena rips on Sheamus some. Cena tells Michael Cole to send an e-mail to the anonymous GM and thank him for hiring the NXT Rookies. Cena says it’s only a matter of time before he settles his issue with them. Cena goes back to Sheamus now and reminds him that he gets a rematch. Cena proposes that match happen here tonight on RAW. Sheamus says there will be no WWE Title match tonight. Sheamus tells Vince to ask Cena to leave the ring. They come face to face but Vince gets in the middle. The e-mail sound goes off again. Cole has another e-mail from the GM. The e-mail says that Sheamus will defend the WWE Title tonight in the main event against John Cena. Vince hypes the match and Cole gets another e-mail. This one says that a special guest referee has been named for the match to stop any outside interference… the referee will be Vince McMahon. Vince’s music hits and everyone is in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from commercial and out comes Evan Bourne to the ring. Out next is his opponent, Chris Jericho, for a rematch from Fatal 4 Way. Jericho takes the mic and says he asked for this rematch tonight to make a statement to Bourne and all the parasites watching. Jericho says if he doesn’t win tonight, he’s going to walk out of WWE forever.
The bell rings and they go at it. Jericho takes Bourne to the corner and beats him down. Bourne counters with a quick 2 count. Bourne with another roll-up for 2. Bourne misses a spin kick and Jericho retreats out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho has Bourne in a submission on the mat. Bourne breaks free and gets another 2 count on Jericho. Jericho with a dropkick and another that sends Bourne outside to the floor. Bourne finally makes it back in at the 9 count. Jericho mounts him with right hands. Jericho goes for a suplex but Bourne counters and rolls him up for another 2 count. Bourne fights back with kicks and knocks Jericho down with a spin kick. Bourne with a clothesline in the corner and a kick to the face for 2.
Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho. Bourne rolls out of it and turns it into a tornado DDT for a 2 count. Jericho with a backbreaker and a 2 count. Jericho hits another backbreaker and this time bends Bourne over his knee. Bourne fights out of it with knees to the head. Bourne runs into an elbow in the corner. Jericho goes up top but Bourne brings him down with a hurricanrana. 2 count by Bourne. Bourne hits the double knees. Jericho rolls out of it and applies the Walls of Jericho. Bourne finally makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Bourne kicks Jericho in the head and he goes down. Bourne goes up top to hit Air Bourne. Jericho puts his knees up and Bourne lands hard. Jericho hits the Codebreaker for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Chris Jericho
– After the match, Jericho helps Bourne to his feet, looking like he’s going to help him. Jericho shoves Bourne to the mat and walks off smirking as the crowd boo’s.
– We get graphics for the NXT Rookies appearing tonight and Sheamus vs. John Cena with Vince McMahon as special referee. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Vince is in his office on the phone. He’s talking about the crowd liking the main event tonight. Vince tells the other person on the phone he gave them full authority but don’t surprise him again, talking about the special referee gig.
– We go to Ted DiBiase and Virgil backstage. Ted wanted to talk with Virgil. Ted apologizes for his actions last week. Ted says he’s sorry. Ted says that Virgil’s services won’t be needed any longer. Ted says he’s upgraded… in walks Maryse. Ted says he’s found someone who appreciates the power of money. Virgil asks what Ted is going to do for protection… Ted says go to the drug store. Ted tells Virgil he’s fired. They come face to face and Virgil walks off. Maryse poses with Ted to end the segment.
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and The Hart Dynasty. He asks them about Vince’s announcement firing Bret Hart as General Manager. Natalya says Bret has been rail-roaded out of WWE again. Natalya says the Rookies shouldn’t be given contracts. Tyson talks some. Natalya says as Bret’s family, they’re going to have to do something. David Hart Smith says they’re going to carry on the Hart name. Natalya says she’s dedicating her match to Bret and “these Harts won’t stop beating.”
– We go outside in the parking lot. A stretch SUV limousine pulls up and stops. We go to commercial.
Sheffield tries to get the fans to repeat his catchphrase but they just keep booing. Michael Tarver takes the mic next. He apologizes to all of his children for what he’s done on TV. Wade Barrett takes the mic next and says the Rookies behind him did what he had to do. Barrett says he had a job with WWE and a title shot, so why would he align himself with the Rookies? Barrett says it’s about loyalty. He says they decided a long time ago they would have fun on NXT but stick together at the end and make sure each other had contracts. The crowd chants “you suck” to Barrett and the Rookies. Barrett says the Rookies have formed a “nexus”, a bond that will never be broken. Barrett announces his job with WWE and his title shot have been reinstated. Barrett talks about Sheamus now and cuts a brief promo on him. Barrett says any time he wants, he can take Sheamus’ title from him. Barrett says if it’s him or Cena, Sheamus will lose his title. Barrett says it doesn’t matter who he has to beat, he will become WWE Champion and make no apologies. A new theme song plays and it looks like it’s the theme song for The Nexus.
– Cole plugs the WWE Title match again and we go back to commercial.
Back from commercial and out comes John Morrison. Morrison is accompanied by his NXT Rookie Eli Cottonwood. Out next comes Ted DiBiase, with Maryse on his arm. Ted stops on the stage with a mic. Ted says they had a match scheduled tonight but he has better things to do. Ted says he found a suitable opponent for John Morrison. Out comes Zack Ryder, accompanied by his Rookie Titus O’Neill.
The bell rings and they go to the corner. Ryder drops Morrison with a right hand and goes to work. Morrison takes control now and throws Ryder in the corner. Morrison goes for a springboard kick but Ryder knocks him off the ropes. Ryder works over Morrison in the corner now. Ryder with a 2 count. Ryder applies a headlock now. More offense by Ryder here and another 2 count. Morrison fights out of a submission and kicks Ryder in the head. 2 count by Morrison. Morrison drops Ryder with right hands and a kick to the face. Another 2 count. Morrison counters a move and drops Ryder on his head. Morrison goes for Starship Pain and hits it for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: John Morrison
– Josh Matthews catches up with John Cena backstage and asks about the NXT Rookies. Cena talks about how they said it’s nothing personal and talked about loyalty. Cena says his loyalty lies with the WWE Universe. Cena says they made him a target and now he’s got to settle it. Cena says apology not accepted. Cena says he is worried about getting the WWE Title back now. Vince McMahon appears and says tonight, Cena or Sheamus will have no excuses. Vince says it’s his job to ensure that the best man wins. Vince wishes Cena good luck and Cena walks off. We go to commercial.
Back from the commercial and out comes the team of Eve Torres and The Great Khali. Out next comes their opponents, Primo and WWE Divas Champion Alicia Fox. We get a replay of Superstars where Khali laid out Primo. Khali and Primo start the match off. Primo tags right out to Alicia because he’s scared. Alicia comes in as does Eve. Alicia pushes Eve and taunts her. Eve responds with kicks and a takedown.
They get to their feet and go at it. Eve with a clothesline and a 2 count. Eve runs the ropes and dropkicks Alicia. Alicia trips Eve’s face into the ropes and covers her for a 2 count. Alicia slams Eve’s head into the mat and kicks her in the mouth. Eve gets up and fights back but Alicia drops her with a knee to the jaw. Alicia throws Eve back into the corner. Eve fights her off and kicks her in the head. Eve goes to the top rope and hits a moonsault. Primo comes in to distract everyone from the pin. Alicia rolls to the floor. Primo asks Eve for a kiss and she slaps him. Eve tags in Khali. Primo tries to fight Khali as Alicia walks off up the ramp. Khali hits Primo with big chops and the Khali Plunge for the win.
Winners: Eve and The Great Khali
– After the match, Eve and Khali dance to his music.
– We see Randy Orton backstage heading to the ring. Lawler says he has asked for time to speak. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton to a big pop. Orton says if the Rookies want to interfere in his match, fine. Orton says it’s only a matter of time before he punts each one of them in the skull. Orton says he accepts Barrett’s apology and hopes he becomes the next WWE Champion. Orton says he will be the man who takes the WWE Title from Barrett. The Miz’s music hits and out comes WWE’s United States Champion.
Miz says he hears voices in his head also and they say he’s sick of seeing Orton in the main event, sick of seeing him on TV every week and sick of him RKO’ing people. Miz says Orton has never held the WWE US Title and the WWE Title at the same time. The Miz says the next WWE Title match is his, not Orton’s. The Miz keeps talking and kicks Orton out of nowhere. Orton comes back and drops Miz. He gets ready for an RKO but Miz rolls out of the ring. Orton turns around as Edge rushes the ring. Edge drops Orton with a spear. Edge crawls in Orton’s face with a mic and says “now the real fun begins Randy.” Edge’s music hits and he leaves the ring with Orton on the mat. Edge walks up the ramp, staring down at Orton.
– Lawler plugs tonigiht’s main event again and we go to commercial.
WWE Title Match: John Cena vs. Sheamus
Back from commercial and out comes Vince McMahon, wearing his referee shirt. John Cena is out next to a big pop and finally, the WWE Champion Sheamus makes his way to the ring. They do formal ring introductions and here we go. Cena goes to Sheamus first and takes him to the ropes. Sheamus strikes with a kick to the gut and beats Cena back into the corner. Sheamus continues stomping Cena down to the mat. Sheamus drops Cena again for a 2 count.
Sheamus continues knocking Cena around the ring and throws him hard into the corner. 2 count for Sheamus. More offense by Sheamus and another 2 count. Dueling “let’s go Cena” and “Cena sucks” chants here. Sheamus throws Cena over the top rope and to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena is trying to fight back but Sheamus tosses him into the ring post. Vince isn’t actually the referee here. Another referee is in the ring and Vince is on the outside as an enforcer. Sheamus drops Cena again for a 2 count. Sheamus drops Cena on the apron now with a big shot to the chest. Sheamus hits the same move again on the apron. More dueling chants from the crowd. Sheamus goes for the same move again but this time Cena powers back. Cena fights his way back in the ring and they both clothesline each other and go down.
Sheamus tries for consecutive pin attempts. Sheamus goes for the big boot and Cena dodges it. Cena hits the forearms and the big back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Sheamus blocks it with the Irish Curse backbreaker. 2 count by Sheamus. Cena locks the STF on in the middle of the ring. Sheamus makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Sheamus goes to the floor after Sheamus and gets thrown into the steel steps. Sheamus brings it back in the ring and covers Cena for a 2 count.
Sheamus goes back to the floor and sets the steel steps in front of the ring on the walk way. Sheamus brings Cena back out to the floor. Sheamus throws Cena face first into the steps. Sheamus brings Cena back to the ring and nails the big boot to the face. The NXT Rookies rush the ring and Sheamus runs off through the crowd. The Rookies start tearing up ringside again as Vince looks on. They throw Cena over the announce table and flip the table over on him. All of this in front of Vince.
Vince McMahon walks in the ring with a mic. He tells them to leave Cena alone and stop it. Vince asks if Cena is still breathing on the other side of the table. Vince tells the Rookies to come in the ring. Vince says to take a look at these extraordinary athletes. Vince says he can take partial responsibility for the Rookies actions against WWE. Vince asks for a round of applause for himself. Vince says next week, the General Manager will reveal something. Vince turns around and all of the Rookies are staring at him. Vince stops and looks scared. Vince starts laughing as do the Rookies. Vince says they had him going. The Rookies stop laughing and stare Vince down again. A “Daniel Bryan” chant breaks out. The Rookies circle Vince as he begins to talk again. Vince just looks around at all of them. The Rookies finally attack Vince and beat him down. Vince tries escaping the ring but they pull him back. They throw Vince into a clothesline from Skip Sheffield. Wade Barrett hits his finisher on Vince, slamming him hard to the mat. Justin Gabriel goes to the top and hits the 450 on Vince. Barrett leaves the ring and the rest of the Rookies follow. A WWE crew member comes in the ring and says to bring help down. RAW goes off the air with Vince McMahon laid out in the ring.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News