WWE Raw Results – June 7, 2010
– Tonight’s three-hour RAW from Miami, Florida kicks off with General Managers Bret Hart and Teddy Long making their way to the ring to a nice pop. Michael Cole welcomes us to the first-ever Viewer’s Choice RAW. Teddy and Bret greet the fans as Jerry Lawler hypes the show.
Bret tells fans that fans can go to WWE’s website and vote on the matches & stipulations, as it happens, live. Teddy thanks Bret for inviting him to RAW tonight. Bret says that everyone involved in the WWE Title match at Fatal 4 Way will wrestle tonight and the fans will pick their opponents. Teddy brings up Randy Orton. Orton’s music hits and out he comes with his arm in a sling.
Orton tells Bret to forget about the Viewer’s Choice for a second. Orton says he has a choice for Bret. Orton wants Edge and wants him tonight. Orton says if Bret doesn’t give Edge to him, he’s going to find him backstage and do it himself. Orton says he’s going to take Edge out. Edge comes out on the stage and gets boo’d. Edge says to give Orton what he wants, so he can finish what he started. Teddy interrupts and whispers something in Bret’s ear. Bret says he likes that. Bret says they’re going to let the fans in the arena decide this one. Teddy says it’s going to be the fan’s choice… Edge vs. Randy Orton in a Debate, a Sit-Up Contest or a One-Arm Match with Edge’s arm tied behind his back. The fans pop at the last choice. Edge doesn’t like this. Bret runs down the choices again and the fans pop for the One-Arm Match. Edge screams that this isn’t fair to him. Bret says the people have spoken and wishes Edge good luck.
Teddy says it’s time for our first Viewer’s Choice match, Chris Jericho vs. Big Show. The options are an Over the Rope Challenge, a Submission Match or a Body Slam Challenge. Teddy tells the fans to go to WWE’s website right now and cast the votes. We get ready for a commercial break when Big Show’s music hits and out he comes to a nice pop. Show heads to the ring as we go to commercial.
Body Slam Challenge: Big Show vs. Chris Jericho
Back from the break and Big Show is waiting in the ring. We go to ringside where Matt Striker is waiting to reveal the stipulation for this match. The match will be… a Body Slam Challenge. Chris Jericho’s music hits and out he comes to the ring.
The bell rings and here we go. Show laughs at Jericho, who isn’t happy. Show opens his arms so Jericho can try to slam him. Jericho slaps Show. Show comes back and pushes him in the corner with big knife edge chops. Show goes for a splash in the corner but misses. Jericho tries to body slam Show but can’t. Show responds and beats Jericho down to the mat. Show goes for the Knockout Punch but Jericho slides out to the floor. Show grabs Jericho by his head and brings him to the apron. Jericho counters and comes in the ring trying to wear Jericho down. Jericho continues to work on Show’s right arm.
Show grabs Jericho by the throat and goes for a chokeslam. Jericho rakes the eyes and goes to the top. Show knocks Jericho out of mid-air with a big chop. Jericho goes for a crossbody but Show catches him in mid-air and holds him. Show finally body slams Jericho for the win.
Winner: Big Show
– After Show is announced the winner, he puts Jericho in a clutch submission hold and makes him tap out. Show is then announced as the winner by submission. Finally, Show throws Jericho over the top rope, making use of the other two stipulations that weren’t chosen.
– Cole announces that The Hart Dynasty will be in action next. The choices for their opponents are The Uso’s, The Dudebusters and the team of Hornswoggle & The Great Khali. We go backstage to The Uso’s who cut a promo on The Harts. The Dudebusters are up next and one of them votes on his cell phone. We go to Khali and Hornswoggle next. They both raise their arms and yell. The camera pans and we see all three tag teams waiting as we go to another commercial.
The Hart Dynasty vs. The Great Khali and Hornswoggle
Back from the break and WWE’s Unified Tag Team Champions The Hart Dynasty, with Natalya, are waiting in the ring. We go to ringside with Matt Striker again. The fans voted and The Hart’s opponents will be… Hornswoggle and The Great Khali. Khali and Hornswoggle make their way to the ring.
It’s going to be Khali and Tyson Kidd starting things out. The bell rings and Tyson tries to kick Khali, and does. Tyson runs the ropes and Khali knocks him down. Khali takes Tyson into the corner and hits him with a big elbow and a huge chop. Khali scoop slams Kidd and tags in Hornswoggle. Hornswoggle goes to the top but misses the Tadpole Splash. David Hart Smith takes Khali out from the apron while Kidd rolls up Hornswoggle out of nowhere for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: The Hart Dynasty
– After the match, Natalya comes in to celebrate with Smith and Kidd. The Usos and Tamina rush the ring and all six go at it. The Harts send the Samoans out to the floor with clotheslines. The two groups talk trash as the Samoans back up the ramp.
– We go ringside with Cole and Lawler. Lawler says we have a problem and starts looking around for something. Lawler gets up and walks off. Cole tries to stop him but can’t. Cole starts talking about The Undertaker angle from SmackDown and leads us to a replay from Friday’s show.
– We get a graphic for tonight’s guest hosts, the cast of the A-Team movie, including UFC’s Rampage Jackson. Back to commercial break.
– Back from the break and Justin Roberts introduces the cast of the A-Team movie – Rampage Jackson, Bradley Cooper and Sharlto Copley. Cooper comes out by himself and says he doesn’t know where Rampage and Copley are. Cooper says we’re going to have fun tonight and that’s it.
– We see Jerry Lawler walking around backstage. Rampage and Copley, dressed as WWE crew members, take Lawler into a room. Lawler says someone has stolen his royal crown. Copley says they will find whoever stole his crown and “crown” whoever did it. Rampage says he watches RAW all the time and knows who stole King’s crown. They walk off. Rampage and Copley run into The Bella Twins. They call Rampage a MMA fighter and acknowledge Copley as an actor. They play it off and say they are their characters from the A-Team movie. Rampage and Copley run off to find King’s crown.
Vladimir Kozlov vs. Santino Marella
We go to the ring where Santino Marella makes his way out for a match with Vladimir Kozlov. The stipulations will be a Singles Match, an Arm Wrestling Match or a Dance Off. Voting is now on at WWE.com as we go back to commercial.
Back from commercial and out comes Vladimir Kozlov to the ring. An Arm Wrestling table is sitting at ringside. Matt Striker is in the ring and reveals the stipulation… a Dance Off. Dance music starts playing and it’s Santino up first. You can imagine what’s going on now. Kozlov is up next. Striker asks his opinions on Santino dancing. Kozlov wants a serious contender. He says he is stronger and faster. The music hits and Kozlov starts doing his version of the robot and the moonwalk. Kozlov dances around and some of the crowd seems to like it. Striker asks the fans for the winner and they all cheer for Kozlov.
Winner: Vladimir Kozlov
– After the match, Santino and Kozlov dance around a bit together. Santino tries to leap into Kozlov’s arms but Vladimir just shoves him to the mat. Kozlov bows and exits the ring as we go to commercial.
– We go backstage where all of the WWE Divas are waiting. Fans can vote now on a 6 on 6 Divas Match, a Divas Battle Royal or a Champion vs. Champion Match with Layla and Eve. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Jerry Lawler has finally came back to ringside. All of the WWE Divas come out to the stage as we await their match. Lawler is in the ring to reveal the match. The fans have voted and it will be… a Divas Battle Royal.
The SmackDown and RAW Divas make their way to the ring and the bell rings. As expected, they all start brawling. Rosa gets tossed out early. Tiffany and McCool are going at it until Layla comes over and eliminates Tiffany. Kelly goes at it with LayCool now while the Bellas work on Maryse. Alicia and Jillian are going at it. McCool eliminates Kelly. Alicia tries to eliminate Gail Kim but they both hit the floor. LayCool eliminate both of the Bellas. Eve clotheslines Layla and McCool and fights them off. Eve eliminates LayCool at the same time. It’s down to Eve, Maryse and Jillian. They double team the WWE Divas Champion. They eliminate Eve. Jillian high-fives Maryse and raises her hand, thinking they are both winners. Maryse takes advantage and eliminates Jillian to get the win.
– We go ringside where Cole and Lawler hype tonight’s Viewer’s Choice theme, replaying highlights from matches in the first hour. Cole plugs the One-Arm Match between Randy Orton and Edge later on.
– We see Sheamus walking around backstage. Kane appears and stops him. Kane says even though Sheamus isn’t on SmackDown, he could have taken out The Undertaker. Sheamus says he wouldn’t be shy about taking Taker out, he would send a message to the entire world. Sheamus says he made sure everyone saw him take out Triple H – he doesn’t waste his time with sneak attacks. Sheamus says he doesn’t take kindly to false accusations from Kane. Kane says he doesn’t take kindly to liars like Sheamus. Kane says he hopes to see Sheamus real soon and walks off.
– Lawler plugs the next Viewer’s Choice match. Fans will get to pick Sheamus’ opponent and the choices are Mark Henry, Evan Bourne and Kane. We go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Kane
Back from commercial and out comes Sheamus to the ring. We get a replay of Evan Bourne teaming with John Cena last week and pinning Sheamus. We go to ringside with Matt Striker. Striker announces Sheamus’ opponent and it will be… Kane, with 88% of the vote. Sheamus looks a bit worried as the pyro explodes and out comes Kane to the ring.
The bell rings and they go at it. Kane strikes first and throws Sheamus out to the floor. Kane follows and works over Sheamus on the fan barrier. Kane brings it back in the ring. He goes to the top but Sheamus knocks him off his feet. Sheamus grabs Kane from the top and hits a running powerslam for a 2 count. Sheamus stomps on Kane as we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and Sheamus takes down Kane for another 2 count. Kane pushes Sheamus into the ropes and hits him with a big boot to the face. Kane splashes Sheamus in the corner and drops him with the big side slam. Kane with a dropkick to the face and a 2 count. Kane goes for the chokeslam but Sheamus counters it. Kane goes for it again but it’s countered again. Sheamus drops an inverted DDT into a backbreaker and Kane goes down. Sheamus goes for the running kick but Kane catches him and throws him out to the floor. Sheamus comes back in the ring but Kane chokeslams him. Sheamus rolls out to the floor and the referee starts counting.
Sheamus goes to get back in the ring but decides not to. Sheamus heads to the back and is counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Kane
– We get a graphic hyping a match for later on involving John Cena. Later, fans will be able to vote for Cena’s opponent. The choices will be CM Punk, Rey Mysterio and Jack Swagger. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we get a promo video for NXT season 1 winner Wade Barrett. We go backstage with Savannah and Barrett. She asks him what his thoughts on winning NXT are. Barrett says this is just the start of something better. Barrett says the winds of change are blowing in WWE. He tells Savannah to ask him in one week’s time as he will accomplish something that’s never been accomplished in WWE before.
– We go backstage with Ted DiBiase and Virgil. Ted says he should be running RAW. Rampage and Copley from A-Team walk in, posing as FBI agents. Rampage accuses Ted of having Lawler’s crown. Ted says he can buy anything he wants, why would he want a stupid crown. Ted asks Virgil to escort them out of the room. Rampage gets in Virgil’s face and threatens to punch him in the face until he tells the truth. Mike “IRS” Rotundo walks in and has Lawler’s crown on. IRS says Lawler never paid taxes on the crown so it’s his now. Ted says he knows who Rampage and Copley are and they aren’t FBI agents. Gas starts filling up the room. Ted, Virgil and IRS break out gas masks and Rampage ducks. It looks like Copley passes out. Really.
– We get a graphic for the next match. It will be R-Truth and a partner taking on The Miz and a partner. The choices for Truth’s partner are Christian, MVP or John Morrison. The choices for Miz’s partner are Zack Ryder, William Regal and Dolph Ziggler.
R-Truth and John Morrison vs. The Miz and Zach Ryder
Back from commercial and out comes the WWE United States Champion R-Truth. Truth asks who the WWE Universe has picked to be his partner and it is… John Morrison. Out comes Morrison to the ring. Out next comes The Miz to the ring. Miz stops at the stage and has a mic. Miz rips on the WWE fans for the poor choices they’ve made earlier tonight. The Miz says he’s going to beat Truth tonight, regardless of who his partner is. Miz says then he will get ready to take back his US Title. The Miz’s opponent is… Zack Ryder. Ryder’s music hits and out he comes.
The bell rings and it’s Truth starting off with Miz. They lock up and Miz sends Truth to the mat. They run the ropes and Truth hits a big hip toss. Morrison comes in and they double team Miz. Morrison works over Miz before tagging back in Truth for more double teaming. 2 count by Truth. Miz clotheslines Truth and tags in Ryder. Ryder with a neckbreaker and a 2 count. Ryder tags back in Miz and they double team him. Miz works over Truth and kicks him in the head for another pin attempt.
Truth fights out of a hold and drops Miz on his head. Truth goes for a tag but Miz tries to stop him. Morrison comes in and clotheslines Miz twice. Morrison with a big dropkick. Morrison knocks Ryder off the apron. Morrison with a knee to the face for a 2 count on Miz as Ryder made the save. Truth comes in but gets dumped to the floor by Ryder. Morrison kicks Ryder in the face but turns around to Miz. Miz throws Morrison into the ringpost and hits the Skull Crushing Finale for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: The Miz and Zack Ryder
– We go backstage where Edge is arguing with Bret Hart about the match not being fair to him. Bret walks off and Kane stops him. Kane says, it wasn’t you was it? Kane asks Bret if he destroyed Undertaker. Kane says Bret came back to WWE for closure and he and Taker have quite the history. Kane says if he finds out it was Bret, he will be in a vegetative state just like his brother. Kane walks off and Bret goes to do the same. Back to commercial.
One-Arm Match: Edge vs. Randy Orton
We come back and Edge makes his way out to the ring. The fans start chanting RKO before Randy Orton makes his way out to the ring. Orton is dressed to wrestle but has his arm in a sling. The referee ties Edge’s left arm behind his back and we’re ready to go. Edge swings first but Orton ducks it. Edge goes for a kick but Orton clotheslines him twice. Orton starts stomping on Edge now.
Orton hits the mat and beats on it. Orton goes for a left-handed RKO but Edge blocks it. Edge knocks Orton down in the corner. Edge lets his arm free and rushes Orton, stomping on the injured shoulder in the corner. Edge is trying to tell the referee that the tie just came undone but the referee calls for the bell.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
– After the bell is called for, Edge gets ready in the corner. Orton gets up and Edge charges for a spear. Orton kicks Edge in the head twice and sends him out to the floor. Edge grabs a steel chair and hits Orton in the shoulder with it, sending him to the floor. Orton is laid out. Edge hits Orton in the shoulder again with the chair. Edge leaves smiling as Orton is left hurting.
– Cole and Lawler play up the seriousness of the situation with Orton before hyping the Viewer’s Choice matches from earlier tonight. They hype Cena’s match for later tonight against CM Punk, Jack Swagger or Rey Mysterio. We go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and John Cena is backstage with Evan Bourne. Cena thanks Bourne for last week. Cena says Bourne proved something to everyone. Savannah walks up when Bourne leaves and asks Cena about his match tonight against an opponent he doesn’t know yet. Cena says he feels good about tonight and walks off.
– We see Copley waking up from the gas attack backstage. Mean Gene Okerlund walks in! Some comedy here. Mean Gene makes a reference to Josh Matthews and disses him. Matthews is standing right behind him. Copley walks off and Gene interacts with Matthews. Not much here but a cool appearance by Okerlund.
Drew McIntyre vs. Matt Hardy
We go to the arena where Drew McIntyre is making his way out. Teddy Long appears backstage to introduce our choices for Drew’s opponent. They are… Yoshi Tatsu, Goldust and a mystery man. We only see his shadow. The voting is now open as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Drew’s opponent is revealed to be… the mystery man, who turns out to be Matt Hardy. Hardy walks over and shakes hands with Teddy Long. Hardy makes his way out to the ring. Drew is furious, grabbing the referee and a microphone. Drew says this match isn’t happening because Hardy is suspended. Teddy comes out and says Hardy was suspended from SmackDown, not RAW. Teddy tells the referee to ring the bell. Drew is still talking when Hardy decks him to start the match. Hardy mounts Drew and unloads. Hardy clotheslines Drew to the floor and follows him. Hardy throws Drew over the announcers table and into the fan barrier.
Hardy finally brings it back in the ring. Hardy charges but Drew knocks him down. Drew runs at Hardy in the corner but hits the ring post. Hardy drops Drew with a Twist of Fate for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Matt Hardy
– After the match, Hardy grabs Drew and starts slamming his head into the mat. Hardy pushes the referee off and goes back at Drew. Drew tries to leave the ring but Hardy pulls him by his hair. Drew escapes and Hardy is left standing with some of Drew’s hair in his hands.
– We go backstage where Rampage Jackson is cuffed to a chair. He’s being held captive by Ted DiBiase, Virgil and IRS, who is still wearing Lawler’s crown. Ted says they’re headed for the ring as we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Rampage is being held against the ring ropes by Virgil and IRS. Ted says everyone has a price. Someone called him and wanted Rampage (BA Baracus) on a silver plate. Ted says he is delivering. Out comes Roddy Piper! Piper talks about WrestleMania 1, Mr. T and the old A-Team TV show. Piper says he silenced T at WrestleMania and will do the same tonight. Piper talks about the new A-Team movie and says he won’t be seeing it. Piper says he’s going to do the whole world a favor and beat the mohawk off of Baracus tonight. Piper says he “pity’s the fool” that messes with Hot Rod. Piper tells them to hold onto Baracus. Out comes Dusty Rhodes, Gene Okerlund and Coperly on a golf cart. Rampage pushes IRS and Virgil off and breaks the handcuff from the rope. Ted goes after Rampage but gets spinebustered. Dusty takes out IRS. Piper pushes Virgil into Rampage. Rampage chokeslams Virgil. Gene, Rampage, Coperly and Dusty are left in the ring. Gene asks them how they did it. Coperly says Dusty lives in Florida so he called him in to help. Dusty plugs the A-Team movie that opens this Friday. They all pose in the ring as the A-Team music plays.
– Cole plugs John Cena’s match tonight and the choices for his opponent – CM Punk, Rey Mysterio or Jack Swagger. Voting is now open as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Josh Matthews is backstage with Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger and CM Punk. Rey tells fans why he should be picked to face Cena tonight. Swagger does the same. CM Punk is with Luke Gallows and Serena. He says Matthews always asks stupid questions. Punk says only he can make Cena a better person. Punk says he will defeat Cena and Cena will join the Straight Edge Society.
John Cena vs. CM Punk
We go to the ring where the WWE Champion John Cena makes his way out to a big pop from the crowd. Matt Striker reveals Cena’s opponent and it is… CM Punk. Punk, still wearing his mask, makes his way out to the ring with Gallows and Serena right behind him.
The bell rings and they lock up. Cena tries to take Punk’s mask off. Punk flees to the outside of the ring. Punk comes back in and starts kicking at Cena. Headlock by Punk. Cena knocks Punk down with a big shoulder block. A “you can’t wrestle” chant breaks out. They go back and forth on the mat for a few minutes. Cena goes for Punk’s mask again and Punk flees to the floor again. They lock up again and Punk takes it to the corner, beating Cena down. Punk kicks Cena in the back of the head for a 2 count.
Punk wraps a headscissors on Cena and holds it. They get back to their feet and trade sots. Cena hits the big bulldog. Gallows trips Cena on his face as the referee is distracted. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk has Cena in a headlock and gets a 2 count. Punk throws Cena out to the floor. Serena kicks Cena in the gut while the referee is distracted. Punk comes out and kicks Cena before bringing him back in the ring. Punk kicks Cena some more now. Cena fights back with right hands and hits two big shoulders and a back drop. Cena goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle when Wade Barrett comes walking down the ramp. This distracts Cena. The other NXT rookies appear in the crowd – Darren Young, Skip Sheffield, Daniel Bryan, Justin Gabriel and all the others. They beat up the Straight Edge Society and surround Cena in the ring. They all have black arm bands with a yellow N on them. They enter the ring and surround Cena. Cena hits Barrett first but the NXT Rookies jump Cena. The rookies beat the hell out of Cena. Skip Sheffield goes to ringside and lays out Matt Striker. The rookies beat up Jerry Lawler now as Michael Cole runs. The rookies destroy the announcers table. Darren Young attacks a WWE crew member and they continue to tear everything up. Other crew members are attacked. Everyone who tries to stop it is beat down. Daniel Bryan chokes the hell out of Justin Roberts. The ring cover is ripped off the ring, the floor mats are torn up. The NXT season 1 rookies have destroyed RAW. They continue to attack Cena and it looks like CM Punk on the floor. The ring ropes are also torn down from the ring. The rookies come back in the ring and continue to attack Cena. Punk comes back in the ring but they beat him down also. Bryan screams to Cena that he is not better. Bryan delivers a sick kick to Cena’s head. The crowd starts chanting “you suck.” Barrett picks Cena up and slams him hard with his finisher. Gabriel goes to the top and hits Cena with the 450 splash. The NXT season 1 Rookies finally leave the ring with Cena laying face down. WWE crew members and CM Punk are all laying out at ringside. The ring is destroyed, the announcer’s area is destroyed. EMT’s bring a stretcher down to the ring and load John Cena up on it.
The camera looks around ringside and we see carnage everywhere. A fan is shown looking on shocked. Striker is shown laid out as is Justin Roberts. More fans are shown looking shocked. Cena is taken out on a stretcher as fans lean on the torn up barriers. Crew members roll over the announcer’s table where Jerry Lawler is laid out. Cena flashes a thumbs up as he is stretchered out of the arena. RAW goes off the air.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News