– As announced tonight on the NXT finale, season 2 of the show will begin next Tuesday night on SyFy. Below are the Rookie and Pro pairings for the new season:
* Cody Rhodes and Husky Harris (Duke Rotundo). Rotundo is the son of former WWE star & current agent Mike “IRS” Rotundo. He has been in developmental since 2009 with his brother Bo, who is currently injured.
* John Morrison and Eli Cottonwood (Kip Christianson). Cottonwood stands over 7 feet tall and weighs over 300 pounds. He has been in developmental since 2009.
* MVP and Percy Watson (Chris McNeil). Percy has been in WWE developmental since 2009 and has teamed with former Rookie Darren Young as The South Beach Boys.
* Zack Ryder and Titus O’Neill (Thaddeus Bullard). Titus is a former Florida Gators defensive end and has been in developmental since 2009.
* Michelle McCool & Layla and Kaval (Brandon Silvestry). Kaval is the former TNA and Ring of Honor star Low Ki. Kaval recently recovered from an injury and has been signed to a WWE developmental deal since 2009. Kaval has held the TNA X Division Title twice, the ROH Title once and a number of other titles around the world. Layla and McCool are the first Pros to be Divas.
* Mark Henry and Lucky Cannon (Jon Emminger). Lucky Cannon is the former Johnny Prime and I don’t believe he’s been using the Lucky Cannon gimmick for long. They said on NXT that he was a former sheriff.
* Kofi Kingston and Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig). McGillicutty is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Curt Hennig. Up until last week, he was still using the Hennig name in developmental. Hennig has been with WWE since 2008 and has held the FCW Florida Heavyweight Title once and the FCW Tag Team Titles twice.
* The Miz and Alex Riley (Kevin Kiley). Riley has been with WWE since 2007 and is the current FCW Heavyweight Champion. He has worked several dark matches and live event matches for WWE over the years.