WWE Raw Results – May 24, 2010
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with a video package with highlights from the I Quit Match at last night’s Over the Limit pay-per-view. We go to the normal RAW opening video before the pyro goes off inside the Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW.
– Justin Roberts introduces Batista and out he comes. Batista is slow to come out from the back, limping and wearing his arm in a sling. Two referees are helping Batista down the ramp and to the ring. Classic Batista here. A wheelchair is waiting in the ring and Batista takes a seat in it. Batista demands his spotlight be put on him.
Batista admits it, he said two words last night he thought he never would say. He said it because he felt his life was being threatened. Batista says he is thinking about filing a lawsuit against John Cena, WWE and every fan for supporting what happened to him last night. Batista says he could stoop to “John Lena’s” levels but he won’t. Batista says now because of injuries, he’s out of action for weeks, months and maybe years. Batista says he will be back healthier than ever and stronger than ever. Batista says one way or the other, he will get a rematch because he deserves one.
Justin Roberts interrupts on the mic and presents RAW’s new General Manager. The music hits and out comes Bret Hart. Bret’s the new RAW General Manager. Bret marches to the ring as Batista throws a fit and tells him to get out of here, still sitting in the wheelchair.
Bret takes the mic and says there’s a new sheriff in town. Bret says what he says, goes. Bret talks about the new Fatal 4 Way pay-per-view in June. Bret says Cena’s opponents will be determined tonight. Bret says Batista can earn a shot by qualifying right now. Batista says he’s sitting in a wheelchair. Bret says he knows he’s hurt, but so is Batista’s opponent, Randy Orton. The crowd pops for Orton’s name. Batista says he will quit, leave the company and the whole business if Bret makes this. Bret announces that due to a forfeit, Batista loses and Orton qualifies for the Fatal 4 Way pay-per-view. Bret’s music hits and he walks off. Batista is screaming for him to get back here. Batista says everyone is nothing without him. Batista says WWE will go bankrupt without him. Batista is throwing a fit in his wheelchair, threatening to quit. Batista screams out “I quit” and throws the mic. Batista stands up to leave the ring and down come the WWE referees to help him out. The crowd starts singing goodbye to Batista. Batista tells everyone they can kiss his ass as he sits back in the wheelchair and they wheel him up the ramp. We go to commercial.
We go to the ring and out comes Mark Henry for the first Fatal 4 Way qualifying match. Out next is his opponent Sheamus. The bell rings and they lock up. Henry knocks Sheamus down with a shoulder block. Sheamus fires away with right hands but Henry responds with a scoop slam. Henry clotheslines Sheamus over the top rope and to the floor.
Sheamus comes back in but gets clotheslined by Henry. Sheamus hits a boot to the head and takes Henry’s knee out. Sheamus starts stomping on Henry and dropping knees. Sheamus works on Henry’s shoulder now. Henry comes back with a headbutt but Sheamus takes him down by the injured arm. More back and forth until Henry hits a big splash in the center of the ring for a 2 count.
Henry misses a splash in the corner and Sheamus goes to the top. Henry tries to bring him down but can’t. Sheamus hits the big kick to the head on Henry for the pinfall and the win.
– It’s announced that The Miz will battle R-Truth tonight to determine the new WWE United States Champion since Bret Hart is now the General Manager. We get ready for a commercial.
– Back from the break and Jon Lovitz is backstage talking to Vince McMahon, he says. He says he can be paid in stock. Maryse walks in and introduces herself. Maryse says she has hot photos that would win her Lovitz’s Superstars talent search later tonight. Lovitz plugs his comedy club. Lovitz says he has a new submission hold, some finger pinch. He says he’s been teaching it to Santino and wants to teach it to Maryse. Lovitz says something in French and it seems to itnerest Maryse. Lovitz says he has millions of dollars and Maryse says she might interested. Lovitz changes his mind and Maryse runs him off.
– We go backstage with Bret Hart and Edge. Edge wants a one-on-one WWE Title match. He says he doesn’t even need to qualify for a four-way match. Edge says Randy Orton didn’t even really qualify earlier. Edge says he wants to face the beat up John Cena tonight and if he wins, he’s in the match. Chris Jericho walks up and says he demands the final spot. Edge and Jericho argue. Bret says it will be Chris Jericho vs. Edge vs. John Cena tonight. If Edge or Jericho wins, the winner qualifies. If Cena wins, they get nothing. Edge says he is a better Champion than Bret or Jericho ever was. And a better Canadian, he says. Edge says he will prove it tonight. Jericho tells Bret to not make an enemy out of himself. Jericho says he will make Bret regret taking this job and walks off. We go to commercial.
Back from commercial and Maryse is in the ring with her partner Alicia Fox. Out comes their opponents, Gail Kim and WWE Divas Champion Eve.
The bell rings and Alicia locks up with Gail. Gail goes to the top and takes Alicia down with a head scissors. Gail hits a spear like move in the corner and kicks Maryse on the apron. Gail goes for a roll-up but Alicia counters and tags in Maryse. Maryse comes in to kick Gail in the head and get a 2 count. Gail looks for a tag. Maryse goes to hit Eve but Eve counters and hits her. Eve is tagged in and unloads with dropkicks and a neckbreaker on Maryse. 2 count.
Eve hits the standing moonsault for a 2 count but Alicia breaks the pin up. The referee is distracted and Alicia runs back in and kicks Eve in the head. Maryse takes advantage, hits the French Kiss and gets the win.
Winners: Maryse and Alicia Fox
– We go to a replay of Bret Hart winning the United States Title last week on RAW. Cole talks about Bret giving up the belt tonight as he’s now the General Manager. We see R-Truth and The Miz headed to the ring for the US Title match as we go back to commercial.
WWE United States Title Match: R-Truth vs. The Miz
Back from the break and here comes R-Truth for the next match, to crown a new WWE United States Champion. The Miz comes out next and has a mic. He says he’s walking out of here with the belt tonight because he’s The Miz, and he’s awesome. The match starts and Miz strikes first and takes it to the corner. They go back and forth and we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and Miz has been working Truth over on the floor. He brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Miz continues to control the match and gets another 2 count. Miz drops a knee in Truth’s back and works on the arm. Truth fights back now with right hands. Miz kicks him down with a boot to the shoulder. Miz wraps Truth up in the corner and works him over. Miz gets distracted and Truth knocks him to the mat. 2 count by Truth. Truth runs into an elbow in the corner but catches Miz and drops him on his face. Truth hits a dropkick from the top for another 2 count.
More back and forth here. Miz gets a close 2 count. Miz hits an inverted DDT into his knee but Truth counters and rolls him up for a 2 count. Truth goes for the scissors kick but Miz blocks it. Truth hits the Lie Detector for the pinfall, the win and the title.
Winner and New WWE United States Champion: R-Truth
– After the match, Truth celebrates his first major singles title in in WWE as we go to replays.
– We see a replay of Bret Hart being revealed as GM earlier tonight while Batista was throwing a fit in the ring. They show us a replay of Batista quitting also. Cole and Lawler plug tonight’s main event.
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and John Cena. Cena talks about the match with Batista and says it was so brutal. He says it ended Batista’s career but it won’t end his. Cena says he felt good for the first time in months when Batista quit last night. He talks about the kick in the face from Sheamus last night. Cena talks about being WWE Champion and facing the challenges. Cena says he fights and promises the person who takes the belt from him will have to earn it. Cena says he’s tired of accepting challenges, from now on he’s making them. Cena says he will rain down a world of hurt on anyone who looks like he’s a threat. Cena says he is done playing nice. He says the Cenation is here and walks off. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Justin Roberts plugs Jon Lovitz’ comedy club and brings out tonight’s guest host. Lovitz comes to the ring with a Bella Twin on each arm. The Bellas have to roll Lovitz under the bottom rope. There’s a table set up in the ring and Lovitz sits at it with the Bellas. Lovitz says this is going to be a talent show with the WWE Superstars. Out first is The Great Khali and Ranjin Singh, in top hats, tuxedos and canes. They do a dance on the stage. Lovitz sounds the buzzer and stops them.
Next out is Jillian Hall. Before she can even start performing, Lovitz sounds the buzzer and stops her. Lovitz says he takes it the fans don’t like her. Lovitz says this is a big waste of time, looking for hidden talents of the WWE stars. Lovitz says the real talent must be in the audience. Fans raise their hand trying to get in the ring. A guy named Joe, wearing a Santino shirt, is brought into the ring. He just might be a plant. His talent is that he can pull his eye out of his face. Lovitz says something about this being PG. The guy starts messing with his eyes and squirts some eye drops into it. He starts smacking his head and pulls out a glass eye. The music hits and out comes Ted DiBiase with Virgil.
Ted takes the mic and says he wants the eyeball. Ted asks the guy how much money does he want for it. The guy says he can’t sell his eye. Ted says if he can’t buy it, he’s going to beat him up and take it. Virgil is flashing money to the guy. Out comes Santino Marella to the ring. Santino says he’s been practicing Lovitz’ submission hold and he’s mastered it. Santino says he’s going to apply it on Virgil if Ted doesn’t leave the fan alone. Lovitz says the submission hold is not a joke. Santino warns Ted. Santino drops Virgil with the finger pinch of Lovitz. Santino tries it on Ted and it doesn’t work. Ted grabs Santino and lays him out with Dream Street. Ted leaves and Lovitz is running his mouth, plugging his comedy club. The segment ends with Lovitz posing with the Bellas. We go to commercial.
The Hart Dynasty vs. William Regal and Vladimir Kozlov
Out to the ring comes WWE’s Unified Tag Team Champions, The Hart Dynasty. This is going to be a non-title match. Their opponents, William Regal & Vladimir Kozlov, are already waiting in the ring. Regal and Kidd start the match first. Regal takes it to Kidd in the corner and tags in Kozlov. Kozlov hits a big powerslam for a 2 count. Kidd fights Kozlov off and tags in Smith. Smith rams Kozlov in the corner and lifts him for a big powerslam. Kozlov counters it and headbutts Smith. Regal comes back in and misses a running knee. Smith tags in Kidd and they hit the Hart Attack on Regal for the quick win.
Winners: The Hart Dynasty
– After the match, Sarona Snuka and Rikishi’s sons from WWE developmental rush the ring and attack The Hart Dynasty, laying them all three out. Sarona and both of Rikishi’s sons hit huge splashes off the top rope at the same time on all three members of the Harts. We go to commercial.
– Josh Matthews is backstage with the remaining four NXT Rookies. Gabriel says if anyone should go home, it’s Heath Slater. Barrett agrees and says Slater also. Slater is next and he says he isn’t going anywhere. Slater says David Otunga should go home. Otunga also says Slater should go home.
– Cole and Lawler plug tomorrow’s NXT. We get a replay of Daniel Bryan’s attack on Cole last week. Cole says he has had a hard week after that and has met with his attorneys. Cole says he will call Bryan out tomorrow night for a public apology and if he doesn’t, Cole is going to sue him.
– We go backstage with Edge. Chris Jericho walks in. Jericho says they both know that Cena isn’t his normal self tonight after the match with Batista. Edge says it must be a race to see who pins Cena first tonight. Edge says he will beat Jericho to it. Edge says maybe he will beat Jericho instead and walks off. We see Cena walking to the ring with the WWE Title as we go back to commercial.
WWE Fatal 4 Way Qualifying Match: John Cena vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event, the match to determine the final spot in Cena’s Fatal 4 Way match. Out first comes the WWE Champion John Cena to a big pop. Out next is Edge followed by Chris Jericho.
The bell rings and they start brawling. Cena has Edge in the corner. Jericho rolls Cena up for a 2 count. Cena clotheslines him but goes at it next with Edge. Cena clotheslines Edge over the top to the floor. Jericho goes for the Walls on Cena but its countered. Cena clotheslines Jericho to the floor and stands alone in the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho and Edge are working on Cena. Jericho misses a clothesline and Cena clotheslines Edge. Jericho takes Cena back in the corner. Edge rolls up Jericho from behind with a 2 count. Edge charges and Jericho dumps him to the floor. Cena misses his flying shoulder as Jericho ducks. Jericho stomps on Cena now and works him over in the corner. Jericho with a 2 count on Cena. Jericho counters Cena with a DDT and another 2 count. Edge comes on the apron but Jericho kicks him back to the floor. Jericho misses in the corner and hits the ring post. Cena with two shoulder blocks and a big slam. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Jericho. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Jericho slides out of it and falls on his knee. Edge spears Jericho. Cena drops Edge and applies the STF. Jericho comes in, limping, and breaks the hold. Jericho applies the Walls of Jericho on Cena while Cena has the STF applied again on Edge. Edge slides out and goes at Jericho. Jericho counters and locks the Walls on Edge. Cena breaks the hold as Edge rolls out to the floor. Jericho hits a crossbody on Cena but Cena rolls through and goes for the AA again. Edge comes in and spears Cena while Jericho is on his shoulders. All three men go down.
Edge rolls on top of Cena for a 2 count as Jericho breaks it. Jericho goes for the Walls again but Edge kicks him away and rolls him up for a 2 count. Jericho kicks Edge in the head but gets clotheslined by Cena. Cena goes for the AA again but Edge pushes him into a Codebreaker from Jericho. Edge spears Jericho for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, everyone is trying to recover when Sheamus’ music hits and he comes out to the ramp. There’s a staredown with Edge and Cena. Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes to the stage. Orton, Edge, Sheamus and Cena stare each other down as RAW goes off the air.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News