WWE RAW Results – May 17, 2010
– Tonight’s commercial-free episode of Monday Night RAW kicks off with the usual RAW opening video. We go right into the arena as the pyro explodes and Michael Cole welcomes us to Toronto, Canada and the Air Canada Centre. Cole and Lawler hype John Cena vs. Sheamus as well as Buzz Aldrin. We go to the ring.
– Bret Hart’s music hits and the Canadian crowd pops big. Out comes the WWE Hall of Famer to the ring. Bret says hello to Toronto and says it’s about time. Bret talks about watching RAW from home last week where The Miz challenged him to a US Title match here in Canada. Bret says he called up “WWF” headquarters the next day and told them to book the match. Bret says he doesn’t want to be one of those old wrestlers who hangs on too long. Bret says he won’t be wrestling tonight and is interrupted by Chris Jericho’s music. Out comes Jericho in a suit.
Jericho asks Bret why did he even come back to WWE in the first place. Jericho says Bret used to be the greatest of all-time but now he’s nothing but a pathetic has-been. Jericho says Bret has become the ultimate hypocrite and calls him an ego-driven phony. Jericho says Bret deserved to be screwed in Montreal. Bret says he remembers Jericho hanging around Stu’s basement trying to get a job as a wrestler. Bret calls Jericho a phony and tells him he needs to look in the mirror at himself. Jericho says he sees a man much better than Bret ever was. Jericho says he is now the best there is, was and ever will be. The crowd starts chanting for Bret. Jericho says Bret’s legacy depends on what he does tonight. Jericho says Bret’s name means nothing anymore, the Hart family name means nothing anymore. Jericho says Stu would be ashamed of Bret. Jericho goes to leave the ring. Bret tells Jericho to tell Miz to put his boots on tonight because he has a match. Jericho suggests Bret make this match No DQ. Bret says he wouldn’t want it any other way. Bret says he isn’t a hypocrite and stands by his word. Bret says tonight, he will be walking around Toronto with the US Title. And this Sunday, The Hart Dynasty are going to take Miz and Jericho out. Bret’s music hits as Jericho makes his way to the back.
– Cole and Lawler hype “Pick Your Poison” matches with Randy Orton and Edge tonight. Cole says we are commercial-free tonight, but here’s a word from our sponsors… it’s a Geico rip-off commercial for WWEshop.com with The Great Khali, Ranjin and Hornswoggle.
Pick Your Poison Match: Edge vs. Christian
We go to the ring where Edge makes his way out to a monster pop from the Canadian crowd. Edge’s opponent in this match was picked by Randy Orton. Edge takes the mic and says Orton thinks he can go around just RKO’ing anyone he wants. Edge goes on but is interrupted by his opponent… Christian. Christian comes out to face his former partner to a big pop.
Edge is shocked at to who his opponent is. There’s some stalling before the match starts but they finally lock up. Christian takes it into the corner and they separate. They lock up again and Christian takes Edge to the mat. Back and forth and Christian knocks Edge down for a 2 count. They have words now and Edge slaps Christian. Christian comes after him and Edge runs around the ring. Edge gets back in the ring first and attacks Christian when he comes in.
Christian goes between Edge’s legs and hits a big right hand. Another big right by Christian. Christian knocks Edge into the ropes and uses them to stand on him. Christian goes to the floor for a big right hand but Edge counters. Edge goes outside now. Christian runs from the ring and hits a big dropkick to Edge. Christian jumps from the turnbuckles and over the ropes to the floor on Edge now and the referee begins to count. Christian charges but Edge moves and Christian hits the fan barrier. Edge gets back in the ring as Christian holds his arm, appearing to be hurt. Christian makes it in at the 9 count. Edge works over the arm of Christian now.
Edge in control now as he knocks Christian down with a big shoulder block. Edge stomps away on Christian now and keeps working on the arm. More back and forth action now with Edge getting another 2 count. Christian fights back with right hands in the corner. Christian goes to the top but Edge stops him. Edge climbs up with Christian but Christian knocks him down to the mat. Christian hits the Tornado DDT for a 2 count. More rights from Christian and a big forearm. Christian drops Edge on his face and goes to the top. Christian hits the missile dropkick but only gets a 2 count.
Christian tries to rally the fans. He goes for a move but Edge counters. Christian counters with a Killswitch attempt but Edge stops him. More back and forth. Christian goes for a big headbutt off the top rope but Edge moves. Edge hits the DDT but only gets a 2 count. Edge misses the kick to the face and Christian rolls him up for a quick 2 count. A big right hand knocks Christian into the ropes. Edge goes for a spear but Christian kicks him in the face. Christian with a sunset flip off the second rope for another 2 count. Edge takes Christian down by his arm and goes for another spear. Christian dodges this spear also. Christian with an elbow from the second rope. Christian goes for Killswitch but Edge counters it and throws him into the ringpost. Edge nails Christian with a spear for the pin and the win.
– After the match, Randy Orton appears on the big screen and congratulates Edge on his win. Orton asks why Christian is out there… because that’s not Edge’s opponent tonight. Orton introduces Edge’s opponent and out comes… The Undertaker! Taker makes his grand entrance to the ring as Edge doesn’t look happy.
Edge vs. The Undertaker
Taker enters the ring as Edge watches from outside the ring, still not recovered from the match with Christian. The bell rings and Edge goes to the apron. Edge won’t get in the ring and the referee starts counting him out. Edge drops to the floor and is counted out, smiling.
Winner by Count Out: The Undertaker
– After the match, if you want to call it that, Christian comes up from behind Edge and throws him into the ring to The Undertaker. Taker grabs Edge and lays him out with a chokeslam. Taker walks up the ramp and poses for the fans as we go to replays.
– We cut to a hype video for John Cena vs. Batista at Over the Limit.
– Backstage, Maryse is holding a magazine with Trish Stratus on the cover as she gets her makeup done. Maryse can’t understand why Canadians think Trish is a celebrity. The woman asks Maryse if she’s Canadian and she says no, she’s French-Canadian. Maryse starts dissing Eve. Eve walks up from behind her and moves the makeup woman out of the way. Edge starts pouring baby powder on Maryse. Maryse gets up and they fight. Eve slams Maryse’s head into the table a few times when officials come pull her off.
– We go backstage with Buzz Aldrin and what looks like his wife. They’re glad to be back in Canada. Buzz’s office is decorated with all his stuff. Vickie Guerrero walks in and introduces herself to Buzz and his wife, Lois. Vickie says there’s a mistake, this is her office, she’s the General Manager. Buzz says it’s his office – he walked out on the moon on the first landing and last week, Vickie walked out on her job as RAW GM. Buzz says he checked with “WWF… er E…” headquarters and they confirmed Vickie didn’t have the job. Buzz says her replacement will be here next week. Buzz plugs his new iPhone app. Buzz calls in the Bella Twins and ask them to escort Vickie out to the parking lot. Buzz and Lois wave goodbye to Vickie.
– We go to a replay of Mark Henry vs. Batista on last week’s show where Batista beat Henry down with the steel chair.
– Mark Henry comes out for the next match with his shoulder taped up from last week’s attack. As Henry is walking down the ramp, Batista attacks from behind and hits him with a 2×4. Batista beats down Henry and throws him shoulder-first into the ringpost. Batista throws Henry into the steel steps and lays him out. Batista enters the ring and demands his spotlight be put on. Batista poses as the fans boo him and WWE officials check on Henry.
– Cole and Lawler hype John Cena vs. Sheamus for later tonight and show a replay from their TLC match where Sheamus won the WWE Title.
Ted DiBiase vs. Yoshi Tatsu
We go to the ring where Ted DiBiase makes his way out. He waits a second and out comes… Virgil! Virgil accompanies Ted to the ring for his match. R-Truth vs. DiBiase for Over the Limit is announced. Out comes DiBiase’s opponent for tonight, Yoshi Tatsu.
They lock up and Ted takes Yoshi to the mat first. They go back and forth. Yoshi hits a few dropkicks for a 2 count. Ted gets Yoshi on his shoulders and hits a big knee to the midsection. Ted goes to suplex Yoshi but drops him over the ropes and gets a 2 count. Ted takes it to the corner but Yoshi kicks and elbows him. Yoshi with a kick to the jaw and Ted goes down. Yoshi fights back with kicks now and hits a double knee in the corner. Yoshi rolls with Ted and kicks him in the chest for another 2 count. Yoshi goes for a big spin kick but Ted ducks it and hits Dream Street for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Ted DiBiase
– After the match, Virgil comes in the ring with the Million Dollar Title. Ted orders Virgil to get him a microphone. Ted tells R-Truth that the original Virgil is not ashamed to be the new Virgil. Ted says Virgil will be in his corner this weekend at Over the Limit. Ted says he can buy anything he wants now that he has his trust fund. Ted says if he can’t buy it, he will beat it. Virgil holds the ropes for Ted as he exits the ring.
– We see The Miz and Chris Jericho talking backstage. Miz walks off, headed to the ring. Josh Matthews walks up but Miz takes the microphone from him and keeps walking. Miz talks about beating Bret tonight and mocks Canadians. Miz walks out into the arena and says he is going to eradicate the Hart name. Miz says in just a few minutes, Bret will be laying in the ring, screaming in pain. Miz says he is going to make Bret tap out with the Sharpshooter. Miz says he’s awesome.
No DQ, No Count Out Match for the WWE US Title: The Miz vs. Bret Hart
Miz stays in the ring as we get the ring introductions. Out comes the challenger, Bret Hart, wearing jean shorts and a Hitmen hockey jersey. Bret puts his sunglasses on a boy’s head before entering the ring. The bell rings and Miz goes to the floor after Bret comes towards him. Miz takes the mic and says he forgot to mention that he paid some guys to take out the Hart Dynasty when they plan on showing up. Out comes Vladimir Kozlov and William Regal. They stop at the end of the ramp. The Hart Dynasty comes from out of the crowd and start brawling with Regal & Kozlov. The two teams fight up the ramp. Chris Jericho comes running from the crowd now. He and Miz hop in the ring and corner Bret. Jericho takes off his suit jacket. Natalya enters the ring and stands side-by-side with Bret. Natalya says she’s not going anywhere and smacks Jericho. Miz grabs Natalya but Bret goes to hit him. Jericho drops Bret with a right hand.
David Hart Smith comes in and attacks Jericho from behind, sending him to the floor. Smith turns around to a big right hand from Miz. Miz kicks Bret and goes for the Sharpshooter. Tyson comes up and hits a big dropkick off the ropes onto Miz, breaking the hold. The Hart Dynasty hits the Hart Attack on Miz and exit the ring. Bret locks the Sharpshooter on Miz and he taps out. Bret wins the match and the US Title.
Winner and New WWE United States Champion: Bret Hart
– After the match, The Hart Dynasty enters the ring and celebrates with Bret. Bret holds his belt up for the fans as we go to replays.
– We go to a WrestleMania DVD promo.
We get a Santino Marella video.
Maryse, Michelle McCool and Layla vs. Eve and The Bella Twins
Michelle McCool and Layla come to the ring for the next match. Both of them are wearing WWE Women’s Title belts. We get a replay from SmackDown where Layla won the belt in the handicap match. Lawler says they’re both women’s champions because it was a 2-on-1 match. Out comes their partner Maryse. Out next is their opponents – Eve and The Bella Twins.
The Divas enter the ring and Eve and Maryse start brawling. They’re all finally separated and it’s going to be Layla starting the match with Eve. They lock up and go at it. Layla gets a quick 2 count. Eve with a Samoan Drop for a 2 count. More back and forth until Eve hits a neckbreaker for another 2 count. Eve tags in Brie Bella and they go at it. Layla with a 2 count. Layla distracts the ref and McCool kicks Brie off the apron. McCool is tagged now and goes to work on Brie. In comes Layla again. She misses a leg drop but tags in McCool. Nikki is tagged in now but McCool works her over. Nikki with a clothesline and a dropkick, followed by another. Nikki with a dropkick to the jaw and a takedown for a 2 count. Nikki knocks Maryse off the apron. Nikki dives off the top but McCool moves out of the way. Maryse is tagged in. She hits the French Kiss on Nikki for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Maryse, Layla and Michelle McCool
– After the match, Eve and Maryse start brawling again. Nikki and a referee try to separate them.
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and John Cena, who gets boo’d somewhat. Matthews asks him about his match tonight with Sheamus. Cena talks about doing it for his fans and says he has a plan. Still getting boo’d. Cena says tonight he will take Sheamus out so he’s not a problem anymore. Cena says he won’t quit ever and says at Over the Limit, Batista will.
Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger
We go to the ring for the next Pick Your Poison match. Randy Orton makes his way out to a nice pop from the crowd. Out comes Orton’s opponent, the World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger. The bell rings and Swagger takes Orton down first. They lock up again and come to a stand off. Swagger takes it to the corner and works Orton over with shoulders. Orton turns it around and stomps away on Swagger. Orton goes for a knee drop but Swagger moves out of the way. Clothesline by Swagger for a 2 count.
More back and forth action. Swagger counters the scoop slam by Orton. Swagger plays possum on the outside. They come in and Orton goes for the second rope DDT. Swagger counters with a throw and drops Orton. Swagger hits the big Vader splash two times out of the corner. Orton rolls out to the floor, holding his wrist. Orton tries to get back in the ring but Swagger rushes and knocks him back onto the floor. Swagger works over Orton on the floor before bringing it back in the ring. Swagger with a 2 count. Swagger hits another belly-to-belly. He goes for another splash in the corner but Orton gets up and kicks him in the gut. Orton hits clotheslines and the scoop slam. Orton hits the second rope DDT on Swagger now. After an RKO on Swagger, ut of nowhere comes Edge in the ring. Edge takes out Orton and hits the spear to end the match.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
– After the match, Edge stands over Randy Orton as his music plays.
– We get a preview for tomorrow night’s NXT. Lawler and Cole rundown the card for Sunday’s Over the Limit.
– We go to the ring where Justin Roberts introduces tonight’s guest host, astronaut Buzz Aldrin. Buzz makes his way out to the ring, without his wife. Buzz says he’s been having a wonderful night tonight. “Randy and Jack on the mat, what’s better than that?” he says. Buzz says he has been working for thirty years on making the space program better. Buzz says he supports the President and supports the space program. Buzz talks about Canada and all the crowd has to say is “WHAT?” Buzz says he loves Monday Night RAW. Zack Ryder’s music hits and out he comes with Alicia Fox at his side.
Ryder hits the ring and says the Canadians don’t even have a space program. Ryder says he heard the landing on the moon was staged anyway. Ryder says he would rather be homeless in America than living in Canada. Buzz says the last guy that implied the moon landing was fake got punched out. Buzz shows a clip of him punching a news reporter years ago. Buzz backs Ryder up against the ropes with his fist in the air. Evan Bourne’s music hits while Buzz is talking to Ryder and out he comes with Toronto’s own Gail Kim and Evan Bourne. Seems to be some confusion here as Buzz exits the ring before the match.
Gail Kim and Evan Bourne vs. Alicia Fox and Zack Ryder
Ryder and Bourne start the match off and go at it. Bourne with a roll-up for a 2 count. Ryder hits a big neckbreaker and stomps away on Bourne, choking him with the ropes. Bourne catches Ryder in mid-air and gets a 2 count. Bourne with another cover as Gail and Alicia come in clotheslining each other. Gail hits Ryder and Alicia both in the corner. Bourne with a kick on Ryder in the corner. Gail hits the dropkick from the top on Alicia for a 2 count as Buzz watches from ringside. Ryder trips Gail on the apron. Alicia goes out to the floor and brings Gail back in for a 2 count. Alicia gets back-to-back 2 counts on Gail after more offense. Bourne and Ryder come back in. Bourne with a head scissors takedown and a big spin kick. Bourne drops Ryder with a big kick to the head and goes to the top rope. Alicia comes in and pushes Ryder out of the way to the floor. Bourne leaps to the floor on Ryder and takes him out. Alicia tries to bring Gail back into the mix but Gail drops her with her finisher for the win.
Winners: Evan Bourne and Gail Kim
– After the match, Buzz Aldrin gets in the ring with Evan Bourne and Gail Kim. Buzz celebrates with them and raises their hands in victory. Bourne gets Buzz to do the moonwalk.
– We get a preview for Jack Swagger vs. Big Show at Over the Limit.
– We get a plug for Jon Lovitz hosting RAW next week and another WWEshop.com commercial, this one featuring Goldust.
Sheamus vs. John Cena
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out comes Sheamus. Out next comes the WWE Champion John Cena, to a mixed reaction from the crowd. The bell rings and here we go. They go at it and Sheamus takes it to the corner. Sheamus beats Cena down and stomps away. Cena comes right back with right hands in the corner and a running elbow. They go to the floor and Cena rams Sheamus into the steps twice.
Sheamus reverses this time and sends Cena into the fan barrier. Sheamus brings Cena back in the ring and covers him for a 2 count. Sheamus throws Cena into the corner and hits him in the back for another 2 count. Cena comes back with a suplex and a clothesline. Cena throws Sheamus into the corner and the ringpost. Sheamus falls out to the floor. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Sheamus blocks it and drops Cena. 2 count by Sheamus. Cena catches Sheamus with a big sideslam now. Rights and lefts by Cena, knocking Sheamus down. Another big right from Cena. Cena runs into an elbow by Sheamus in the corner and goes down. Sheamus with a big knee to the jaw that sends Cena off the apron and to the floor.
Cena tries coming back in the ring but Sheamus hits another knee to the head, sending Cena back out to the floor. Sheamus misses the knee this time and Cena comes back in swinging. Cena goes for the bulldog but Sheamus counters and pushes Cena off. Sheamus kicks Cena back out to the floor. Sheamus comes out and slams Cena’s head into the announcers table. Sheamus with a 2 count in the ring. Sheamus drops another knee for another 2 count. Sheamus poses and taunts the fans now while Cena tries to recover. Sheamus with a big shot to Cena’s chest on the apron. Cena counters a move and hits several flying shoulderblocks. Cena with the big slam and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Sheamus grabs the ropes and holds on. Cena dumps Sheamus over the top rope and to the floor. Cena turns right around to a spinebuster from Batista and the ref calls for the match.
Winner by DQ: John Cena
– Batista continues the attack on Cena with another spinebuster. The referee tries to stop Batista but he doesn’t listen. Batista hits a third spinebuster on Cena. Batista goes for the Batista Bomb but stops and puts on a submission move similar to Cena’s STF. Batista yells at Cena to say he quits. Cena screams but won’t quit. RAW goes off the air with Cena still in the hold and Batista yelling at him.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News