WWE RAW Results – May 03, 2010
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with a video of highlights from last week’s Triple Threat match between Sheamus, Randy Orton and Batista. We go to the new RAW opening video. The pyro explodes inside the arena as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW from Jacksonville, Florida. Jerry Lawler plugs tonight’s Cutting Edge segment with Edge and Randy Orton. We go to the ring.
– Batista’s music hits and out comes the #1 contender to John Cena’s WWE Title. Batista is dressed to wrestle as his spotlight appears on him and he heads down to the ring.
The crowd boo’s Batista as he takes the mic. Batista talks about becoming #1 contender last week. Batista talks about the Last Man Standing match and how he lost it, explaining the rules of the match to the fans. Batista shows a replay of how Cena beat him, strapping him to the ring post with duct tape. Batista says that was the most embarrassing moment of John Cena’s life. Batista complains about the duct tape and says that’s something Hornswoggle would do. Batista says there will be a Beat the Clock Challenge tonight with Cena. The winner gets to pick their stipulation at Over the Limit. Batista says his opponent is The Miz and calls him out. Instead, Sheamus’ music hits and out he comes.
Sheamus hits the ring and says Batista is pathetic, crying about his loss at Extreme Rules. Sheamus says he won his match at Extreme Rules and did something Batista wanted to do but never could – take out Triple H. Sheamus says maybe the reason he doesn’t have a WWE Title match is because he took out the “son-in-law.” Sheamus says he wants a match with Batista tonight. If he wins, he gets Cena at Over the Limit for the WWE Title. Batista says Sheamus had his chance and he lost it. Batista says they have nothing else to talk about and he has a match to win now. Batista tells Sheamus to get out of his ring. Sheamus says this isn’t over. He says he will become WWE Champion again, sooner than Batista thinks. Sheamus backs out of the ring as Batista stares him down. We get a graphic for the Beat the Clock Challenge tonight as we go to commercial.
Beat the Clock Challenge Match: Batista vs. Daniel Bryan
Back from commercial and out comes WWE’s United States Champion The Miz but he’s not dressed to wrestle. Miz says he would love to face Batista right now but the trauma to his face from Big Show’s punch last week has him out of action. Miz has a “doctors note” in his hand. Miz says he would love to give Batista the match of his life tonight but he can’t compete. Miz says Batista will have to find someone else. Miz has a replacement and it’s his NXT Rookie Daniel Bryan. The NXT music hits and out comes Daniel Bryan.
The Miz tells Bryan to try and get a win here. Bryan grabs the mic from Miz and says he’s tired of this. Bryan says he’s going to make Batista tap out. The bell rings and here we go. Batista kicks Bryan and goes for a Batista Bomb. Bryan rolls out and gets a 2 count on Batista. Bryan goes for an ankle lock but Batista rolls out of it and goes to the floor. Batista comes back in and rams Bryan into the corner with shoulder thrusts. Batista beats Bryan down to the mat now.
Bryan gets on Batista’s back with a sleeper hold. Batista fights out and hits an elbow drop for a 2 count. Batista whips Bryan hard into the opposite corner and he goes down. Another big whip from Batista. Bryan counters with a kick to the face and locks on another submission hold. Batista powers out and hits a suplex. 1 count by Batista. Batista throws Bryan through the ropes and to the floor. Batista comes out and slams Bryan’s back into the ring apron. Batista brings it back in the ring and hits a huge clothesline on Bryan as Miz looks on. 2 count by Batista at the 3 minute and 10 second mark.
Bryan hits a big kick to the head but Batista knocks him down with a big boot. 2 count by Batista. They go to the mat and Bryan locks on an arm bar. Batista makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Bryan stomps away now on Batista. Bryan turns around to a kick to the knee from Batista. Batista hits a spear and the Batista Bomb for the pinfall and the win at 5 minutes and 6 seconds.
– After the match, Batista takes Daniel Bryan and lays him out with another powerbomb. Batista comes back in the ring and lays Bryan out with a third Batista Bomb. We go to replays as Batista makes his exit.
– Lawler announces that John Cena’s Beat the Clock match will be Chris Jericho. Cena has 5 minutes and 6 seconds to beat. Cole plugs tonight’s guest host Wayne Brady as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Michael Cole talks about last week’s Draft and Edge coming to RAW. We see a replay of Edge spearing Randy Orton as they plug tonight’s Cutting Edge segment.
– We see Eve Torres backstage doing a photoshoot when Wayne Brady walks up. Eve thanks him for hosting RAW tonight. Wayne thanks her and the other Superstars, saying he’s a big fan. Jillian Hall walks up and wants to sing his theme song tonight. Brady tells her to sing a little and she does, and it’s horrible as always. Brady dances with Jillian and makes her dance right out of the room. Wayne thanks Eve again and says he’s going to get ready. Eve goes back to her photoshoot but her WWE Divas belt is missing. Maryse runs up with the title and lays Eve out with it. Maryse poses to end the segment.
– We see Edge walking backstage with a WWE production guy, actually it’s WWE writer Brian Gewirtz I think. Edge wants to use some violent footage from his past but the guy keeps saying he’s not sure they can use that. Josh Matthews walks up for an interview. Edge says WWE is PG these days but he’s still Rated R and will do what he wants. Edge says it’s time to start another era of controversy in WWE. Edge he is going to start it tonight with Randy Orton on The Cutting Edge. We go to commercial.
Ted DiBiase vs. John Morrison
Back from the break and out comes Ted DiBiase with the Million Dollar belt. Cole shows us a replay of Ted DiBiase trying to recruit R-Truth last week as his assistant and Truth slapping him. Ted takes the mic and says a guy like Truth, who is from the streets, should take the chance to make good money. Ted says he will hire a personal associate and their first assignment will be to help him slap some sense into Truth. John Morrison’s music hits and out he comes.
The bell rings and Ted strikes first, beating Morrison to the mat. Morrison goes under Ted’s legs and hits a big dropkick. Morrison clotheslines Ted to the floor and comes over the ropes with a big splash. Ted goes to get back in the ring but stops. The referee keeps counting and hits 10 as Ted walks off.
Morrison takes the mic as he’s about to be announced the winner by count out and says no way, that’s not how he’s debuting on RAW. Morrison asks Ted if he wants to come back and restart the match. Ted walks off. Morrison stops him again and says if he loses, he will become Ted’s Virgil. Ted likes the sound of this and starts walking to the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and the match is back on. Ted has Morrison in a body scissors. Ted drops Morrison over the ropes and gets a 2 count. Ted argues with the ref and kicks Morrison in the ribs. Another 2 count. Ted drops Morrison with a big right hand. Ted goes for another but Morrison ducks it and kicks Ted in the jaw. They both get up and go at it. Morrison with a big clothesline. Morrison goes for a springboard kick but Ted knocks him off for a 2 count. Ted goes for Dream Street but Morrison counters it. Ted catches Morrison with a big powerslam for a 2 count. Morrison fights back but gets clotheslined again. Another 2 count for Ted.
Morrison gets up and Ted goes for Dream Street again. Morrison counters this and hits a bridge pin for the win.
Winner: John Morrison
– After the match, Ted is shocked. He attacks Morrison from behind as Morrison celebrates the win. Ted stomps away on Morrison until R-Truth runs down to make the save. Truth’s music hits as Ted heads up the ramp.
– We get replays from earlier of Batista beating Daniel Bryan in the Beat the Clock Challenge. Cole hypes Cena vs. Jericho for later and we go to commercial.
John Cena vs. Wade Barrett
Back from commercial and out comes the WWE Champion John Cena to a big pop. Cena must beat Chris Jericho in under 5 minutes and 6 seconds to win the Beat the Clock Challenge. Out next is Cena’s opponent, Chris Jericho. Jericho comes out dressed in a suit with a microphone. Jericho stops on the stage and says he’s not facing Cena tonight because he’s already beaten Cena many times. Jericho says he has hand-picked an opponent for Cena tonight. The NXT music hits and out comes Jericho’s Rookie Wade Barrett. Jericho puts over Barrett and tells Cena he won’t beat the clock tonight. Barrett says Cena isn’t going to beat him, period. Barrett heads down to the ring as the NXT theme plays.
The bell rings and they lock up. Cena gets several 2 counts to start things off. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment but Jericho gets on the apron and hops back off. Cena tosses Barrett onto Jericho. Jericho gets involved again and Cena has to lay him out. Barrett takes advantage and kicks Cena in the head and works him over on the floor. Barrett brings Cena in the ring and beats him down as Jericho yells from ringside. Barrett with more rights and a big clothesline for a 2 count on Cena. Barrett puts a knee in Cena’s back but Cena starts fighting out of the hold.
Cena fights out but Barrett lays him down with a big boot to the face. 2 count by Barrett. Barrett with a backbreaker on Cena and another 2 count. Barrett drops Cena with a right hand and hits a few knee drops to the back. Cena countners and locks the STF on Barrett in the middle of the ring. Barrett taps out for the win by Cena in under 5 minutes.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, Cena, the winner of the Beat the Clock Challenge, says he isn’t wasting anytime announcing the stipulation for Over the Limit. Sheamus runs down and attacks Cena from behind. Sheamus hits the big kick to the face on Cena and lays him out. Lots of heat here for Sheamus. Sheamus makes his exit up the ramp as we go to replays of what just happened. We see Sheamus laughing at the replay as Cena tries to get up in the ring.
– Lawler hypes tonight’s Cutting Edge segment as we go back to commercial.
Maryse vs. Nikki Bella
Back from commercial and here comes Maryse to the ring for our next match. The Bella Twins are out next with Nikki in action. The bell rings and they lock up. Maryse takes it to the ropes but Nikki comes back with a takedown. Nikki slams Maryse’s head into the corner and Maryse goes to the floor. Brie Bella comes over and starts to get involved. Nikki brings it back in the ring and goes to the top. Maryse pulls her from the top rope and hits the French Kiss for the win.
– After the match, Maryse gets in the ring and says something in French. She shows us her latest photoshoot on the big screen… it’s her backstage posing with Eve Torres’ Divas Title. Maryse mocks Eve. Eve runs down the ramp and tries to attack Maryse but the referee gets in the way and Maryse goes to the back. Time for another commercial break.
Back from the break and Gail Kim is sitting ringside with Alicia Fox. Zack Ryder is in the ring and says now that Rosa is gone, he’s single and ready to mingle so that’s why he’s invited the Divas to ringside. Ryder says he Zack Attacked Primo on Superstars this week and cuts a promo on him. Zack tells Primo to get out here now for a match. Wayne Brady appears on the big screen and says he has a different opponent for Ryder. The music hits and out comes Mark Henry.
The bell rings and Henry slams Ryder twice. Henry in total control as Gail and Alicia look on. Henry goes for a splash int he corner but Ryder moves. Ryder dropkicks Henry’s knee and hits a missle dropkick for a 2 count on Henry. Zack hits the Ruff Ryder, a leg lariat, and gets another 2 count. Henry gets up and rams Ryder into the corner and knocks him back to the mat. Big running splash by Henry. Henry goes for the World’s Strongest Slam but Ryder slides out. Henry goes for it again and hits the move for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, Henry celebrates and goes to ringside where the Divas are. Henry walks off with Alicia Fox and Gail Kim on his arm.
– We go backstage to Chris Jericho, who is talking to The Miz. They’re talking about Big Show punching them both last week. Jericho says he and Miz carried Big Show for 16 months. Miz says there’s nothing they can do now since he’s on SmackDown. Jericho says there is something they can do about it, he has an idea. Jericho and Miz walk off discussing their strategy.
– We get another replay of Edge spearing Randy Orton last week and another plug for The Cutting Edge. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a promo video for John Morrison.
– Vladimir Kozlov is backstage with Wayne Brady. Kozlov says he’s glad Brady isn’t foolish like MacGruber and is giving him proper competition. Santino Marella walks in dressed like someone from the 70’s. Santino says he’s here from Brady’s family, The Brady Bunch. Wrong Brady here Santino. Santino says something about tagging with Kozlov or something. William Regal walks in and tells Kozlov to ignore Santino, they have a match to prepare for. Santino says Regal turned his back on Kozlov before. Regal says they worked out their problems since then. Santino walks off, mocking the Brady Bunch. Goldust is standing there dressed in something. Brady says he must be Alice from Brady Bunch. Goldust says no, he’s Goldust and blows at Brady to end the segment. Wow.
– We see WWE’s Unified Tag Team Champions The Hart Dynasty headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
The Hart Dynasty vs. William Regal and Vladimir Kozlov
Back from the commercial and Chris Jericho and The Miz join us at ringside for commentary. William Regal and his partner Vladimir Kozlov are waiting in the ring as their opponents, the WWE Tag Team Champions, The Hart Dynasty come down for a non-title match. Regal and Kidd start the match out. Kidd gets knocked off the top rope by Kozlov and to the floor early on and looks like he’s fallen on his wrist. Kidd comes back in the ring and Regal works him over before tagging in Kozlov. Kozlov rams Kidd in the corner with shoulders. Regal works Kidd over as the referee is distracted. Kozlov hits a big overhead suplex and tags back in Regal.
Kidd makes the tag to David Hart Smith but quickly puts Regal in the Sharpshooter to get the submission and the win.
Winners: The Hart Dynasty
– After the match, The Miz comes in the ring but Smith hits him with a spear. Chris Jericho comes in the ring next and lays Smith out with a Codebreaker. Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale on Smith and lays him out. Jericho raises Miz’s hand in the air and they pose together as the official checks on Smith.
– We go to yet another replay of Edge spearing Randy Orton last week. And yet another plug for The Cutting Edge as we take another commercial break.
– Back from commercial and out comes Edge. The ring is setup with a black cover and chairs for The Cutting Edge. Edge says like it or not, the most controversial Superstar in the history of WWE is back on RAW. Edge says people don’t deserve an explanation as to why he attacked Randy Orton last week. Edge says he’s kidding, he will give them one but it’s fun to play with people’s emotions. Edge talks about returning at the Royal Rumble and what’s happened since, including getting drafted last week. Edge says he was a bit angry about having to star over fresh on a new show. Edge says spearing Orton was something he had to get off his chest. Edge says he was the most talked about star in WWE that night, even though he cost Orton the WWE Title shot. Edge brings out his guest for tonight… Wayne Brady’s music hits and out he comes to the ring.
Edge tells Brady to have a seat and says Randy Orton can wait. Brady talks about being a big WWE fan. Brady wants to see what it feels like to walk in Edge’s footsteps and be a WWE Superstar. Brady stands up and gets the crowd hype on the mic. Brady cuts a promo and says that any guest host who wants to come on RAW, you’re not him. Brady names several celebrities who have hosted RAW before and says this is his house tonight. Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes to the ring.
Orton stares down Edge as he enters the ring. Brady goes to shake Orton’s hand but Orton lays him out with a big RKO. Orton stalks Edge around the ring now. Edge says Orton must think he’s about to RKO him and that’s not going to happen. Edge says last week, Orton was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Edge says he had to make a statement. Edge says the last time Orton was a guest on The Cutting Edge was years ago and asks Orton if he remembers what happens. The crowd starts chanting RKO. Edge reminds Orton when they teamed up as Rated RKO. Edge says it can happen again, but this time bigger and better. Edge says they can pick the bones off Cena and Batista after they destroy each other at Over the Limit. Edge tells Orton that nobody can stop them two.
Orton doesn’t say anything. Edge says Orton must be too big of a star now to share the spotlight. Edge says now he’s glad he speared Orton last week. Edge says he’s done everything – film commercials, give the fans a catchphrase and return from injury but they still won’t accept him. Edge says Orton doesn’t care about anybody but the fans still support him and chant for him. Edge says he doesn’t get it. A RKO chant breaks out. Edge says it’s not fair. Edge keeps crying about what’s not fair to him. Edge says Orton is going to listen to him. Edge says Orton will join him and if he doesn’t, he will spear him every week until Orton is an afterthought on RAW. Edge keeps yelling at Orton, telling him to say something. Orton just stares at Edge. Orton goes for an RKO but Edge counters it. Edge lays Orton out with a big boot and gets ready for a spear. Orton gets up holding his mouth. He turns around to Edge going for a spear. Orton counters it with a RKO and lays Edge out. Orton looks around as the crowd chants for him. Orton’s music hits as we go to replays. Officials are checking on Brady and Edge on the mat. RAW goes off the air with Edge trying to get up and Orton staring out at the fans.