WWE RAW Results – April 5th, 2010
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with Justin Roberts introducing the new World Heavyweight Champion. Out comes Jack Swagger in a suit with a serious look on his face. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about Swagger cashing in on last Friday’s SmackDown to defeat Chris Jericho. Swagger says to “roll it” and we go to video of him cashing in.
Swagger says he took on Chris Jericho because he had to beat someone better than John Cena to be taken seriously. Swagger announces that he’s exclusively giving his skills to SmackDown. He says nobody on RAW compares to his abilities. John Cena’s music hits and out comes the WWE Champion.
Cena congratulates Swagger and says he is officially the luckiest man in the world. Swagger says the people don’t care about what you’ve done, they care about what you’re going to do. Cena mocks Swagger going to SmackDown and his statement about nobody on RAW being able to compete with him. Cena calls Swagger a liar. Cena says Swagger isn’t championship material. Cena says he has earned the WWE Title but Swagger hasn’t earned the World Title. Cena challenges Swagger to a match tonight. Cena puts the WWE Title on the line. Swagger says that doesn’t work for him on many levels. He’s interrupted by Randy Orton, who makes his way out to the ring.
Orton says something about wanting a shot when the music hits of the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions. Out comes The Miz and Big Show. The Miz puts over himself and Show. The NXT theme song hits and out comes tonight’s RAW guest host, David Otunga. He introduces himself. He’s got the RAW logo trimmed into his haircut. Otunga announces tonight, Swagger will face Orton and ShowMiz will defend the Tag Titles against the odd team of Batista and John Cena. Otunga makes his exit. Randy Orton tries to RKO Cena from behind. Cena blocks it and pushes Orton into Swagger. Orton lays Swagger out with an RKO. Cena and Orton exchange a stare as Cole and Lawler hype tonight’s matches. We go to commercial.
Back from commercial and out comes Kofi Kingston to the ring. Out next is his opponent Sheamus to some heat from the crowd. The bell rings and they lock up. Sheamus takes Kofi to the mat first. Sheamus goes for a powerslam but Kofi slides out and starts in with kicks. Sheamus catches him in mid-air and hits a big backbreaker. Sheamus starts stomping on Kofi.
Sheamus hits a big clothesline in the corner for a 2 count. They go back and forth some more. Kofi puts his feet up in the corner. Sheamus chokes Kofi with the rope. Kofi with a kick to the head and a high crossbody. Kofi starts with chops on Sheamus now. Sheamus throws Kofi into the ropes but he bounces back with a dropkick. Sheamus hits the big kick to the skull coming out of the corner. He hits it again on Kofi and lays him out. Sheamus hits the Razor’s Edge finisher for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, Sheamus gets the lead pipe from under the ring. He comes back in and lays Kofi out again with it. We see Triple H walking to the ring from the back. Sheamus sees this on the big screen as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Sheamus is still in the ring with the pipe. He talks about Shawn Michaels’ career being over last week and how it’s been years since Shawn has had the WWE Title. Sheamus says he won the WWE Title in no time but says Triple H took the biggest moment away from his career. Sheamus says he knows Triple H is here tonight. Sheamus says instead of getting revenge last week from WrestleMania, Triple H came out and cried for Shawn Michaels. Sheamus says Shawn left WWE so he wouldn’t have to face him. Sheamus says Shawn left before he could take him out. He says Triple H is a bit more stubborn than that. Sheamus says Triple H doesn’t have one good match left in him. Sheamus goes on until Triple H’s music hits and out he comes to the stage.
Triple H stops on the stage and stares before walking down to the ring, locking eyes with Sheamus. Sheamus challenges Triple H to come in the ring, still holding the pipe. Triple H gets on the apron and the crowd chants his name. He steps back down to the floor and grabs a sledgehammer from under the ring. HHH enters the ring but Sheamus swings the pipe. He blocks it with the sledgehammer and hits Sheamus in the gut with it. Sheamus goes to the floor and Triple H follows. Triple H swings the sledgehammer but Sheamus moves and it busts the announcer’s table. Sheamus takes off running through the crowd. Triple H goes back in the ring and takes the mic. Triple H says that’s just like a silly Irishman – bringing a pipe to a sledgehammer fight. Triple H’s music hits and he poses for the crowd.
– We get a graphic for a Divas Red Carpet Battle Royal, made by David Otunga. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and the WWE Divas Champion Maryse joins us for commentary.
Divas Red Carpet Dress to Impress Battle Royal: Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, Gail Kim, Jillian Hall, Rosa Mendez, Katie Lea, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Eve
The winner of this match will get a WWE Divas Title shot against Maryse next week. Out first is Kelly Kelly followed by Alicia Fox and then Gail Kim. All of the Divas are dressed to impress tonight in gowns or dressed. Maryse is ripping on their dresses as they come out. Rosa Mendez is out next followed by Jillian Hall, Katie Lea, The Bella Twins and Eve Torres. The bell rings and the Divas start brawling. Rosa is eliminated first. Katie Lea eliminates one of the Bellas. Alicia eliminates the other Bella. Katie and Gail go at it. Kelly dropkicks them both, sending them to the floor. Kelly hits a headscissors on Alicia but turns around to Jillian. Jillian dumps Kelly to the floor. It’s down to Eve, Jillian and Alicia. They double team Eve in the corner and hit a double suplex. Eve eliminates Alicia and two are left. Eve counters a move in the corner and ends up on Jillian’s shoulders. Alicia comes over and tries to pull Eve to the floor. Eve fights her off. Jillian rushes Eve but she ducks and Jillian goes over the ropes to the floor.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Eve Torres
– After the match, Eve taunts Maryse a bit from the ring. Eve poses for the fans as Maryse talks trash. Lawler and Cole plug tonight’s main events as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a video package about David Otunga and his ties to Hollywood. The same video from NXT it looks like. We go backstage with Otunga and what appears to be his entourage or handlers. He says he’s the flyest and most raw host RAW has ever had. Otunga got his 427 green M&M’s. Santino Marella walks in and asks where the A-Team is. Otunga says no, it’s the A-List and he’s it. Santino thought Mr. T was going to be here. He says he’s the president of the A-Team Fan Club and impersonates Mr. T. Hornswoggle is eating the green M&M’s. Otunga tells him to put them down and he spits them back into the bowl. Otunga’s entourage takes off after Hornswoggle. Santino says he loves it when a plan comes together and walks off.
– We see the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions ShowMiz coming to the ring as we take another commercial break.
WWE Unified Tag Team Title Match: Big Show and The Miz vs. John Cena and Batista
Back from the break and out comes the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Big Show and The Miz, who is also the WWE US Champion. Out next comes the WWE Champion John Cena as we await his partner. Batista’s music hits next and out he comes to the stage, not looking happy at all. The bell rings and it’s Cena starting out with Miz.
They lock up and go back and forth. Big Show is tagged in and he drops Cena with a headbutt. Show continues to work Cena over for a few minutes. Batista is needed for a tag but he steps off the apron and heads up the ramp. Cena chases after him and they go at it a bit. Batista walks off to the back and the referee counts them out.
Winners by Count Out: Big Show and The Miz
– After the match, ShowMiz starts to celebrate when David Otunga comes out to the stage. He says ShowMiz will be defending their titles again later tonight. Otunga says it will be ShowMiz vs. Cena and… himself, David Otunga. We go back to commercial.
Ted DiBiase vs. Christian
Back from the break and out comes Ted DiBiase Jr. with the Million Dollar Championship belt. He says last week, his father Ted Sr. tried to be a dad but it won’t work. That one moment won’t make up for the years of lost time. Ted says the way to win his heart is through his bank account. Ted thanks his dad for the trust fund and the Million Dollar Title. Ted laughs and says it really is good being the fortunate son. Out comes his opponent Christian.
The bell rings and they go at it as Cole and Lawler talk about the Million Dollar belt. Ted ends up getting knocked to the floor. Christian comes off the top rope and lands on Ted and the floor. They go back in the ring and Ted hits a neckbreaker. Ted mounts Christian with right hands and then starts stomping. Ted is definitely playing the heel role. Clothesline by Ted sends Christian back down. Another 2 count by DiBiase.
More of Ted in control until Christian comes back with offense. Christian ends up hitting a crossbody from the top rope but only gets a 2 count. Christian rallies the crowd and goes for the Killswitch but Ted counters. He goes for Dream Streets but Christian counters that. Another Killswitch attempt and counter. Christian rolls Ted up but only gets a 2 count. Christian goes for the Tornado DDT but Ted counters. Ted throws Christian’s shoulder into the steel post and hits Dream Street for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Ted DiBiase
– After the match, Ted poses with the Million Dollar Belt as we go to replays. Cole and Lawler hype tonight’s main event as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a plug for the WWE Draft and a video package on Shawn Michaels’ career.
– We see Randy Orton headed to the ring as we go back to commercial.
Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger for this non-title match. Out next comes his opponent, Randy Orton. The bell rings and Swagger kicks Orton in the gut. Swagger takes it to the corner with a shoulder thrust. Swagger hits a big splash in the opposite corner and taunts Orton. Orton moves out of the way and drops Swagger. Orton starts stomping away on Swagger now.
Orton gets a 2 count and goes back to work on Swagger. Swagger counters with an atomic drop and sends Orton outside to the floor. Swagger looks on as we go back to commercial.
Back from commercial and Orton is fighting back against Swagger with uppercuts. They both go to the floor and Orton clotheslines Swagger. Orton brings it back in the ring but Swagger uses the ropes against him. Swagger runs the ropes and knocks Orton from the apron into the fan barrier. Swagger backdrops Orton now for a 2 count. Another suplex by Swagger for yet another 2 count. Swagger applies an abdominal stretch but Orton fights out. They go back and forth with Swagger trying the hold again. Orton counters and throws Swagger through the ropes, to the floor.
Swagger tries coming back in the ring but Orton catches him and hits the second rope DDT. 2 count by Orton. Swagger gets up but Orton knocks him down twice. Big scoop slam by Orton now. Orton ducks a Swagger clothesline and hits the backbreaker. Orton hits the mat and stalks Swagger. Orton goes for an RKO but Swagger counters. Swagger hits a kick to the head for a 2 count on Orton. Swagger hits the running Vader bomb out of the corner but only gets a 2 count.
Swagger with another big shot on Orton. Swagger goes for the gutwrench powerbomb but Orton slides out of it and counters with the RKO. Orton covers Swagger for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Swagger grabs the World Title and heads for the ramp as Orton poses for the fans. Cole and Lawler talk about how David Otunga ended up in tonight’s main event for the WWE Unified Tag Team Titles and show replays from earlier. They plug tonight’s main event as we go to commercial.
WWE Unified Tag Team Title Match: Big Show and The Miz vs. David Otunga and John Cena
Back from the commercial and out comes The Miz and Big Show to defend their titles for the second time tonight. Out next comes David Otunga to the NXT theme song. Not much of a reaction for Otunga from the crowd. Out next is his partner John Cena. Cena and Miz start things out again. Cena tags in Otunga early and they continue the beatdown on Miz. Cena is tagged back in. He unloads on Miz and hits the bulldog for a 2 count.
Show takes advantage of the ref being distracted and decks Cena. Miz mounts Cena with rights and gets a 2 count. Show comes in and goes to work on Cena. Cena starts fighting back with rights. Cena goes for a big shoulder block but Show knocks him out of mid-air. Show puts his boot down on Cena’s chest and applies the pressure. Miz gets in a cheap shot as the ref is distracted. Show puts a big knee down on Cena’s throat now. Another cheap shot by Miz. Show with body shots. Miz is tagged back in and he hits Cena with a shoulder in the corner. Miz hits the big running clothesline in the corner for another 2 count.
Miz with a headlock on Cena now as Otunga waits for the tag. Cena finally fights out of the hold but Miz puts a knee in his back. They both clothesline each other and go down. Otunga reaches for the tag and Cena goes for it. As Cena goes for the tag, Otunga hops off the apron and to the floor, laughing. Show is tagged in. He drops Cena with the knockout punch for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Big Show and The Miz
– After the match, Show and Miz start celebrating as Otunga walks off smiling. Batista comes down to the ring where Cena is still laid out. Batista nails the Batista Bomb on Cena. Batista takes the mic and asks for his spotlight. The lights go out and the spotlight appears on him. Otunga takes the mic and says he’s still the guest host and that Batista has an announcement to make. Batista is invoking his rematch clause for Extreme Rules. It will be a Last Man Standing match. RAW goes off the air with Batista standing over Cena and his music playing.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News