– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with a video package showing the Vince McMahon vs. John Cena match from last week where Vince got various RAW stars to wrestle Cena. We go to the usual RAW video package as the pyro hits and Michael Cole welcomes us to San Diego, California.
– The glass breaks, the familar music hits and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin to the ring to a monster pop from the crowd. Austin looks to be in great shape and hits the turnbuckles for the fans.
The crowd starts chanting Austin’s name. He says it’s good to be here tonight and being in the ring makes him feel like opening a can of whoop ass. The crowd does the “What?” Austin asks the timekeeper to throw him some beers. Austin says if you’re ready for RAW and WrestleMania, give him a hell yeah. Austin talks about the importance of WrestleMania and brings up his WrestleMania 13 match with Bret Hart and calls it one of the best matches of his career.
Austin talks about his respect for Bret Hart and Bret’s recent interaction with Vince McMahon. Austin says when he was in the ring with Vince, Vince was one of the most cut-throat competitors and always brought his A-game. Austin says we’re going to sign the contract for their match tonight and make sure nobody gets screwed. Austin drinks some beer and says tonight, Vince is dealing with him and if he has to he will break his foot off in Vince’s ass. Austin says we’re going to take care of business tonight and that’s the bottom line… you know the rest. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes, to a big pop from the crowd. Austin looks puzzled.
Cena enters the ring, to some boo’s. Austin’s music hits and he exits the ring. As he’s going up the ramp, Big Show’s music hits and he comes down to the ring. Austin and Show exchange a look as Show heads for the ring.
John Cena vs. Big Show
It looks like we’re going straight to our first WrestleMania Rewind match tonight as Show enters the ring and the bell rings. Cena and Show start going at each other. Show goes for a punch and Cena ducks. They go back and forth. Show goes for a powerbomb but drops Cena on his face. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Show has Cena in a clutch. Cena rolls out and goes for a STF but Show counters and sends Cena out to the floor. Cena comes back in and they go at it. Cena tries to slam Show but he falls on top of Cena for a 2 count. Show whips Cena hard into the turnbuckle and Cena goes down. Show goes to the second rope for a Vader splash but Cena moves out of the way. Show charges Cena in the corner but gets kicked in the face. Cena goes to the top and hits the double leg drop on Show. Cena goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and the crowd boo’s him. Batista’s music hits before Cena does the move and out comes the WWE Champion to the ring. Cena drops the elbow on Show as Batista laughs at Cena. Cena turns around to a big chokeslam from Show but kicks out at the 2 count.
Batista looks pissed and so is Show. Big Show goes for the knockout punch but Cena ducks it. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Show counters as Batista teases getting in the ring. Show connects with the knockout punch and pins Cena for the win.
Winner: Big Show
– After the match, Batista leans in the ring and talks trash to Cena’s face as he is down. We go to replays.
– We go to a video hyping Edge vs. Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 26 before another commercial break.
Sheamus vs. Evan Bourne
Back from the break and Evan Bourne is in the ring. Out comes his opponent Sheamus to a lot of heat from the crowd. Sheamus takes the mic and goes to cut a promo but turns around and hits Bourne in the head with the mic. Sheamus hits Bourne with the kick to the face and the Celtic toss finisher. He kicks Bourne out to the floor and takes the mic again as the crowd boo’s. Sheamus says he was always fascinated by the WWE stars growing up but there was one who stood out, that was Triple H. Sheamus puts over Triple H and his career. Sheamus compares his career now to Triple H’s and puts his own self over. He says he was supposed to defend the WWE Title at WrestleMania but Triple H ruined that for him. Sheamus thanks him because he’s wanted a match with Triple H at WrestleMania since coming to RAW. Sheamus says Mania will be a turning point in Triple H’s career because he’s going to beat The Game so bad he will never be the same again. Sheamus says he’s coming to take Triple H’s throne.
– Steve Austin is backstage in his room when Shawn Michaels walks in. They greet each other. Shawn asks Steve if he thinks he can beat The Undertaker. Austin says he knows Shawn can but doesn’t think he will at WrestleMania. Austin says the streak will go to 18-0. Shawn says he thought his career was over when Austin beat him for the WWE Title years ago but he proved it wrong. Shawn says he’s going to prove everyone wrong again. Shawn talks about his match with Chris Jericho tonight when Jericho walks up. Jericho talks about being World Champion and thanks Austin for this match tonight so he can embarrass Michaels again. Shawn says he’s going to send Taker a message tonight by beating Jericho bad. Shawn walks off. Jericho tries talking Austin into canceling the match tonight and going out for some Steveweisers. They laugh together until Austin stops and stares at him. Austin tells Jericho to get out of his office and go compete. Jericho is a smart man and leaves as we go to commercial.
Kelly Kelly vs. Maryse
Back from the break and out comes Kelly Kelly to the ring. Out next is her opponent, the WWE Divas Champion Maryse. This looks to be a non-title match. Maryse taunts Kelly after the bell rings and poses on the ropes. Kelly poses and gets a bigger pop from the fans. Maryse attacks her and they go at it. Kelly kicks Maryse and dropkicks her. Kelly mounts Maryse with shots to the face and leg drops her into the mat for a 2 count.
Maryse throws Kelly into the corner and hits her DDT out of nowhere for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, Maryse puts her belt down and kicks Kelly Kelly in the gut, sending her out to the floor. Maryse throws her into the fan barrier and back in the ring to continue the attack. Gail Kim and Eve run down to the ring to make the save. Gail lays Maryse out with a neckbreaker. Michelle McCool and Layla run down next and attack Eve and Gail, laying them out. Eve comes in and drops Layla but gets kicked in the face by the Women’s Champion McCool. McCool holds her belt up as her music hits and she leaves the ring with Layla. Maryse recovers, grabs her belt and leaves also. We see Vickie Guerrero at the top of the ramp clapping. She poses with Layla, McCool and Maryse as we get ready for another break.
– Back from the break and we get a video package with WWE stars talking about The Undertaker’s streak at WrestleMania, hyping the match with Shawn Michaels. WWE stars also comment on Shawn Michaels and how good he is at WrestleMania.
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
We go to the ring where Shawn Michaels is making his way to the ring. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho. Jericho enters the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break. The bell rings and Shawn beats Jericho down in the corner. Jericho runs the ropes and Jericho gets dropped by an elbow. Shawn with big chops in the corner and a stomp to the face. HBK charges in the corner but Jericho moves and Michaels hits the ring post. HBK with a knee to the face and a series of right hands to Jericho. HBK with more punches in the corner. Jericho counters and dumps HBK out to the floor.
Jericho takes control now and uses the ropes on Michaels. Jericho taunts him and hits HBK with right h ands. Jericho puts on a submission but HBK gets to his feet and fights out. Jericho drops HBK again and kicks him in the gut. Jericho continues the assault on HBK and applies another submission. HBK fights out again and starts a come back. HBK hits the atomic drop and goes for another but Jericho rolls out and goes for the Walls of Jericho. HBK counters with a small package for 2. Jericho hits the bulldog. He goes for the Lionsault but HBK puts his knees up. HBK goes to the top for the big elbow drop and hits it. HBK goes for Sweet Chin Music but Jericho ducks and rolls out to the floor. Jericho starts walking up the ramp as he is counted out.
Winner by count out: Shawn Michaels
Edge’s music hits. He attacks Jericho on the ramp and takes it over to the production area. They brawl through the fans and back to the ring. Edge takes Jericho in the ring and spears him as he gets up. Edge grabs a mic, gets in Jericho’s face and simply says “spear.” Edge’s music hits and he heads up the ramp to a nice pop. We go to replays.
– Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes is announced for WrestleMania. We go backstage with Randy Orton. He talks about tonight’s match with Triple H. He says he doesn’t take Cody Rhodes or Ted DiBiase seriously. Orton says Triple Threat means no friends, every man for himself. Orton says they both are nothing without him. We go back to commercial.
Triple H vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and we get a replay of earlier tonight with John Cena, Batista and Big Show. Triple H comes out next to a nice pop from the crowd. Out next is Randy Orton to another nice pop.
The bell rings and they lock up. Orton takes it to the corner first and beats Triple H down. Triple H comes right back and does the same thing to Orton. Triple H drops the knee to Orton’s head for a 2 count. Orton dumps Triple H to the floor and the ref begins to count. Orton brings Triple H back in the ring but goes for the second rope DDT. Triple H counters and dumps Orton out to the floor. Triple H comes to the floor but Orton throws him into the steps. Orton hits the DDT off the steel steps onto the floor and goes back in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton hits the backbreaker on Triple H. Orton gets down on the mat and taunts Triple H. Orton goes for the RKO but Triple H clotheslines him. They trade right hands now as the crowd gets into it. Triple H hits the high knee to the face. Orton catches Triple H with a quick powerslam for a 2 count. Triple H hits the spinebuster but only gets 2. Triple H goes for a Pedigree but Orton counters. They both go down. Orton ends up on the floor and apron. Triple H pulls him back in and hits the Pedigree. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase rush the ring and attack both men, throwing Triple H out of the ring. They focus on beating up Orton now as the crowd boo’s. Legacy taunts Orton as they beat him down.
Winner: No Contest
– After the match, Triple H gets back up and in the ring but turns around to a big kick in the face from Sheamus, who appears out of nowhere. Cody and Ted pull Orton and beat him on the floor as Sheamus stands over Triple H in the ring. Cody hits Orton with the Cross Rhodes on the floor. Sheamus puts his foot on Triple H and poses as his music plays.
– Back from the break and we get a video announcing Gorgeous George into the WWE Hall of Fame. We get a package with highlights on his career and comments from his wife and others. Lawler and Cole go over the WrestleMania card.
Batista vs. Kofi Kingston
We go to the ring where the WWE Champion Batista is making his way out. Out next is his opponent Kofi Kingston. The bell rings and they go to lock up. Batista thrusts Kofi all the way back in the corner and whips him hard into the opposite corner. Batista works Kofi over in the corner now.
Batista goes for a big powerslam but Kofi slides out of it and starts kicking. They go back and forth until Kofi hits a big forearm off the ropes. He goes for the leg drop but Batista slides out of the ring. Kofi comes out after him but Batista throws him into the barrier and then into the ring. Kofi kicks Batista in the head from the corner and busts him open.
Kofi goes to the top and comes down on Batista but gets clotheslined to the mat. Batista hits the Batista Bomb for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, a busted open Batista stands over Kofi with his WWE Title. A referee comes in with gloves on and with a towel for Batista but he doesn’t take the help just yet. Batista laughs and poses as we go to replays. We get ready for another commercial break.
– Back from the break and Bret Hart is introduced. Out next is Vince McMahon for their contract signing. The ring has a black cover on it and the usual table and chairs is setup. Bret is on crutches but takes a seat at the table. Vince stares at Bret over the table. Steve Austin’s music hits next and out he comes to preside over the signing.
Austin tells Vince to sit. He wants to get something out of the way first. He talks about going into the WWE Hall of Fame and says he’s very proud of it. He says Stu Hart was supposed to go in this year. Vince tries to stand up but Austin tells him to sit his ass down. Austin announces Stu will be in the HOF. Vince talks about the Hart family and says everyone who has stepped in a WWE ring before has been a derelict. Wow. Vince wants to sign the contract now and tells Bret to sign it. Vince threatens to sue Vince. Bret says even if both of his legs were broken, he would still beat Vince. Bret says this is a fight, not a wrestling match. He calls it a massacre and complete annihilation. He wants it to be a No Holds Barred match.
Vince accepts the challenge. They both sign the contract. Austin looks at it and makes it official – Vince vs. Bret at WrestleMania in a No Holds Barred match. Austin gets the crowd to do a hell yeah. Austin tells Vince he’s looking forward to seeing Vince get an ass whooping. Austin’s music hits as he leaves to a nice pop. Austin stops on the ramp and tells Vince that Bret has something to tell him. Bret has taken his cast off and put it on the table. He throws the cast and crutch away then stands up. Bret says he filmed the stunt where it appeared he broke his leg and had Vince thinking he was injured all along. Bret lays out Vince before exiting the ring. RAW goes off the air with Bret heading up the ramp.
Comments are closed.