WWE RAW Results – February 22, 2010
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off a video package showing how John Cena won the WWE Title last night at Elimination Chamber and then immediately lost it to Batista. We cut to the usual RAW opening video before going inside the Canseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis where the pyro goes off and the crowd pops. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome us to RAW.
Cole and Lawler hype tonight’s RAW and the hosts – bullrider Ty Murray and his wife, singer Jewel. We see an mechanical bull setup beside the stage and Cole says tonight there will be some bull riding.
– Justin Roberts is in the ring and introduces the new World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho. Out comes Jericho to the ring with a big smile on his face.
Jericho takes the mic and yells that he’s going to WrestleMania. Jericho says he said before he wouldn’t return to RAW again, but here he is tonight. He says he changed his mind because last night he beat top of the 5 SmackDown Superstars, including The Undertaker. Jericho repeats the fact that he’s World Champion and going to WrestleMania. The music hits and out comes Edge to a big pop.
Jericho faces the stage waiting on Edge. Edge comes through the crowd and Jericho turns around to a huge spear. Edge tells Jericho that he’s going to WrestleMania to face him for the World Title. Edge heads to the back, leaving Jericho to recover in the ring. As Jericho is heading up the ramp, out comes John Cena to a big pop.
Cena is pissed as he enters the ring. He says to add him to the list of people that Vince McMahon has screwed and talks about the Chamber last night. Cena says he’s mad as hell. The music hits and out comes Vince McMahon to the stage. Vince says it’s business and he’s all about business. He admits he made a business deal with Batista. Vince says Batista helped him out with Bret Hart and Vince helped him win the WWE Title. Vince says this isn’t personal, it’s just business. Cena says he’s taking the belt back tonight. Vince says Batista won’t defend the WWE Title until WrestleMania. Vince talks about Sheamus having a rematch clause also. Vince asks the fans who deserves the rematch, Cena or Sheamus. Vince says if Cena wins his match tonight, he will face Batista for the WWE Title at WrestleMania. If he loses, Sheamus will get the title shot at WrestleMania. Cena asks who his opponent is for tonight. It’s Batista. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Maryse. This match is finally happening. Out next is Gail Kim. The bell rings and they go to lock up but Gail rolls Maryse up for a 2 count. Maryse runs into the corner. They go back and forth until Gail hits a clothesline for another 2 count.
More back and forth until Gail misses her finisher and Maryse goes to work. 2 count by Maryse. Gail counters and hits a bridge suplex for a 2 count. They fight in the corner. Gail goes for a cross body from the top but Maryse moves and Gail goes down. It looks like Gail is bleeding from the mouth a bit. They finally get off the mat and go at it. Gail ends up on Maryse’s shoulders. Maryse drops her neck on the ropes and hits the French Kiss for the pinfall and the win.
Winner and New WWE Divas Champion: Maryse
– Back from the break and we see the mechanical bull again. We go backstage where Jewel and Ty Murray, who are talking with the Bellas, Eve and Kelly Kelly. Jewel is on crutches and she says it’s from riding a mechanical bull. Ty talks about the Divas having a mechanical bull contest tonight. Jillian Hall and Alicia Fox walk in. Jillian says she sings Jewel’s songs better than her and breaks out in a song. Jewel says this is how it’s done and sings. Jillian says if Jewel doesn’t show her some respect, she’s going to send Jewel back to living in her car. Jewel says she’s going to take the advice of Sharon Osbourne. Jewel slaps Jillian to end the segment.
– We go to the locker room where Randy Orton is in deep thought. Cody Rhodes walks in and says he knew Ted DiBiase would turn on Orton last night. Cody says when he threw the pipe in the Chamber, he meant for Orton to use it and win. Cody puts down Ted. Orton says he knows what Cody is doing and it’s okay. Orton says if anyone is to be blamed for everything, it’s himself. Orton says now more than ever, Legacy needs to be on the same page. Orton says they have came too far to fall apart now. Orton said he asked for a six-man match for tonight. Orton tells Cody to tell Ted he’s sorry and walks off. Ted DiBiase walks in and asks Cody how that went. Cody says it went well, almost too well. Ted asks Cody if they’re still sticking to the plan. Cody says absolutely and we go back to commercial.
Back from commercial and Kofi Kingston’s music hits. Out he comes with his partners, Yoshi Tatsu and Evan Bourne. Voices hits next as Randy Orton makes his way to the ring with Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes at his sides.
Yoshi starts off with Ted and they go back and forth. Yoshi with counters and arm drags into an armbar. Bourne comes in on a tag and gets a 2 count on Ted. Ted hits a suplex on Bourne and tags in Cody. Bourne hits Cody with big kicks to the leg and he goes down. Bourne with a forearm and a rollup for a 1 count. Bourne works Cody over in the corner but gets hit with an elbow. Cody goes for a DDT but Bourne counters with another forearm. Bourne goes to the top rope but Cody stops him. Cody brings Bourne off the top and slams him on his back. Cody gets a 2 count as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ted is going at it with Bourne. Clothesline and a 2 count by DiBiase. Bourne counters a move and hits the double knees. Kofi is tagged in and comes off the top onto Ted. Kofi with forearms and a big dropkick. Kofi runs the ropes but Orton hits him in the back of the head as the referee was distracted. Ted tags in Orton. Orton slams Kofi on his back three straight times. Kofi comes back with kicks but Orton uppercuts him back to the mat. Orton drops the big knee oon Kofi and applies a headlock.
Kofi tries to fight out of it but Orton hits the backbreaker. Cody tags himself in and looks confused at Orton. Orton DDT’s him off the second rope and goes to the floor. Ted comes up to Orton and starts yelling at him, asking what his problem is. Orton drops Ted on the floor with the RKO. Orton walks away to the back and leaves Ted and Cody. In the ring, Yoshi hits his finisher on Cody and tags in Bourne. Bourne hits the Shooting Star Press for the win.
Winners: Yoshi Tatsu, Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston
– After the match, Randy Orton stops on the stage and stares down at the ring. Ted DiBiase gets to his feet on the floor and is pissed, looking at Orton. We go to replays. Orton is shown staring back down at them again.
– Cole and Lawler hype Cena vs. Batista tonight and wonder if The Undertaker will be here to confront Shawn Michaels tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we show a video hyping Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker with clips from the Royal Rumble and Shawn becoming obsessed with the Undertaker rematch. We go to the arena where Shawn Michaels makes his way out to the ring.
Shawn gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. Shawn says he isn’t going to take up a lot of time tonight because his explanation for last night isn’t complicated. He says he did what he had to do and understands it isn’t that popular with some of the fans. Shawn says he’s willing to live with that. He’s heard rumors about Undertaker possibly being here tonight and understands there might be a reaction from Taker. Shawn says he’s counting on it. The bells toll and the lights go out in the arena.
The Undertaker makes his way to the ring and stares at Shawn Michaels the whole time he’s walking down. The lights come on as Taker enters the ring. Taker says Shawn has his attention now. Shawn talks about how great people said their match was at last year’s WrestleMania. Shawn says he asked for a rematch but Taker refused and ignored him. He says Taker left him no choice which is why he cost him the World Title last night.
Shawn says he knows Taker is mad and wants to hurt him. Shawn tells Taker to get his revenge at WrestleMania. Taker says Shawn is on, he accepts the challenge. Shawn goes to walk away but Taker says there has to be a condition, Shawn must put his soul on the line. Taker says if Shawn loses, Shawn’s career is over. Shawn says if he can’t beat Taker at WrestleMania, then he has no career anyway. Shawn says he’s on. The bell tolls, the lights go out but we cut to a Batista vs. Cena graphic as Cole and Lawler hype tonight.
– We see Christian heading to the ring for the first Money in the Bank Qualifying match. Lawler says Christian is now officially on the RAW brand. Back to commercial.
Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Christian vs. Carlito
Back from the break and we get a replay of CM Punk winning Money in the Bank last year. We go to the arena and see the WrestleMania briefcase hanging above the ring. Out comes Christian. We see a video from his NXT rookie, Heath Slater, who tells us he’s about to blow our minds. Out next comes his opponent, Carlito. We see a video from his rookie, Michael Tarver, who says the other NXT rookies are in danger. The bell rings and they lock up.
They go at it until Carlito drops Christian for a 2 count. Carlito takes it to the corner and hits Christian with shoulder thrusts. Carlito beats Christian down until Christian drops him with a clothesline. Christian runs into an elbow in the corner but counters and drops Carlito on his face. Christian stands on Carlito on the ropes and slides out to the floor for a right hand shot. Christian with a dropkick off the top for 2.
Christian backdrops Carlito into the ring from the apron but misses a splash from the top. More back and forth. Another 2 count for Christian. Christian goes for his finisher but Carlito counters. Carlito pulls Christian from the second rope and hits a big neckbreaker for a close 2 count. Christian counters a move and goes for the Killswitch. Carlito counters and comes off the ropes. Christian catches him but Carlito counters the Killswitch again. They go to the corner and Christian finally hits the Killswitch for the pinfall and the win plus the spot at WrestleMania.
– Back from the break and tonight’s RAW hosts are introduced – singer Jewel and her husband bullrider Ty Murray. Jewel comes out to the stage on crutches with Ty. She says they have been having a blast at RAW tonight. She says it’s time to bring some girls into the mix. Murray asks the crowd if they like bullriding. He says he’s been working with the Divas on this Diva Bullriding Contest. Out first comes Eve Torres looking hot. She gets on the mechanical bull and it starts bucking. She lasts the entire ride until the bull stops. Out next comes Kelly Kelly.
Kelly hops on the mechanical bull and it goes. It’s obvious they have this thing turned on low tonight. Kelly’s ride is done and out next come The Bella Twins. Both of them hop on the bull at the same time and it starts up. Out of nowhere is the music of Big Show & The Miz. Out come the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions. Miz cuts on the segment and says this show revolves around them, not some bullriding competition. Show says how hard can that be. Ty says Show can’t do it. Show says he will smoke them Divas and walks down to the mechanical bull.
Show stretches before getting on the bull. He struggles getting up on it but makes it on. The bull starts and it throws Show off as soon as it starts. The Miz says that’s not fair, the bull was going faster than it was for the Divas. Miz tries to calm Show down as Show stares at the mechanical bull. Show starts yelling at it. The bull bucks at Big Show, no lie. Big Show asks the bull if it wants some. Show dives into the bull and it stops moving. Miz calls it a knockout. Jewel calls it animal cruelty. Miz says that was another guest host segment ending in disappointment, like the Colts losing the Super Bowl. The crowd boo’s Miz like crazy for this. Ty tells them they’re going to be defending their Tag Team Titles next against MVP and Mark Henry. We go to commercial.
WWE Unified Tag Team Title Match: The Miz & Big Show vs. MVP & Mark Henry
Back from the break and Justin Roberts introduces the Unified Tag Team Champions, Big Show & The Miz. We cut to backstage where Daniel Bryan, in a suit and tie, is watching the match on a big screen. Out come their opponents, MVP and Mark Henry. Henry is bandaged up from the Big Show attack at Elimination Chamber. MVP and Miz go at it to start the match with MVP on the offensive.
Show gets tagged in and goes at it with MVP. Show hits a huge spear on MVP and he goes down. Show with big chest chops in the corner on MVP now. Miz is tagged in now and comes in to work on MVP. MVP finally tags in Henry as Miz tags in Big Show. They go at it but collide in the corner. Henry hits a splash and they both go down. The referee is distracted as Miz comes in with a crossbody on Henry. Henry catches Miz and hits the World’s Strongest Slam. Henry gets up and turns around to a knockout punch from Big Show for the win.
Winners: Big Show & The Miz
– Lawler says that we will get an update on Bret Hart right after this commercial break.
– Back from commercial and we get another 2010 WWE Hall of Fame video, announcing former WWF Women’s Champion Wendi Richter as the next member. We go to a video package of Wendi’s career. Roddy Piper will be inducting her.
– Cole and Lawler talk about Bret Hart’s leg injury and lead us into a video package of his return to WWE, the drama with Vince and then the accident on last week’s show.
– We go backstage to Vince McMahon. He says he was looking forward to competing with Bret at WrestleMania and says for the record, he has no involvement with the accident from last week’s show. Vince invites Bret to RAW next week for a goodbye. Vince says he will provide an ambulance, wheelchair or lift, whatever it takes, to get Bret in the ring. Vince says Bret deserves a proper farewell.
– We see John Cena backstage heading to the ring for the main event. Back to commercial.
Batista vs. John Cena
Back from the break and out comes John Cena for the main event. If Cena wins, he gets the WWE Title shot at WrestleMania. If he loses, Sheamus gets the shot. Cena enters the ring and waits a minute or more for Batista to come out. Finally out comes the new WWE Champion Batista for this non-title match.
Batista stalls as he enters the ring. The bell rings and here we go. Cena charges but Batista goes to the ropes and the referee intervenes. Cena charges again but Batista is playing games. Cena gets caught off guard and Batista hits him below the belt. The referee calls for the bell.
Winner by DQ: John Cena
– After the match, Batista mocks Cena as he lay on the mat. Batista runs and kicks Cena in the head. Batista starts stomping away on Cena as the crowd boo’s him. Batista hops out of the ring smiling and starts heading up the ramp. He turns around and climbs back in and throws Cena into the ring post. Cena falls out to the floor. Batista comes out and works over Cena, ramming him into the ring post. Batista leaves Cena laying on the floor and walks to the back as the crowd boo’s. WWE officials rush over to check on Cena. Batista comes back down the ramp and chases off the trainers. He grabs a steel chair and heads back to Cena. Batista smacks Cena in the back with the chair and just stands over him. Cena tries to get up and Batista hits him with the chair again. Cena tries to get up again but gets hit with the chair one more time. Cena tries to get up yet again but Batista knocks him back to the floor with the chair. Batista starts walking up the ramp with the chair to more heat. WWE officials rush back to Cena as we go to replays. RAW goes off the air with the crowd booing Batista still.