WWE RAW Results – February 08, 2010
– Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome us to RAW and hype tonight’s main event. We go to the parking lot out back where NASCAR’s Carl Edwards is doing doughnuts in his race car. He speeds into the arena. However, the car stops and out hops Hornswoggle as his music plays. Hornswoggle stands on top of the car and throws out a bunch of crotch chops. We go to the ring where Kelly Kelly is on the mic. She introduces tonight’s host, Carl Edwards. Out he comes with The Bella Twins.
Edwards does a flip off the top and says he’s happy to be here tonight and puts over the Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints which gets a huge pop from the crowd. Edwards talks about NASCAR’s Daytona 500 this coming weekend. He talks about the previous NASCAR drivers who hosted RAW and then talks about being a good friend of John Cena. The music interrupts as WWE Champion Sheamus makes his way out to the ring.
Sheamus says his Super Bowl is in 7 weeks and it’s WrestleMania. He says he will walk into WrestleMania as WWE Champion, which means he has to win the Elimination Chamber. Sheamus demands that Edwards make him the final entrant in the Chamber match. Sheamus says Edwards will do what he says or he won’t make it for Daytona. Christian’s music hits and out comes the ECW Champion to a nice pop.
Christian comes out and introduces himself. He talks about NASCAR in Canada. Sheamus asks how dare Christian come out and interrupt him. Christian says Edge said last week that he would face either Sheamus or Undertaker at WrestleMania. Christian said it offended him that Edge didn’t say anything about him or the ECW Title. Christian talks about ECW going off the air. Sheamus says this makes Christian a lame-duck Champion. Christian says Sheamus is the one that’s lame. Christian says all ECW stars will become free agents, able to sign with any brand they want. Christian says he’s here tonight to test the waters on RAW and challenges Sheamus to a match. Carl Edwards makes the match for right now.
Sheamus vs. Christian
Edwards heads back up the ramp with Nikki & Brie. The bell rings and here we go. Sheamus shoves Christian to the mat first. Back and forth until Christian comes off the top. Sheamus catches him and hits a fall-away slam. Sheamus clotheslines Christian over the top rope and to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus has Christian on the mat. Christian fights back and kicks Sheamus in the head. Christian runs into a shoulder and it knocks Sheamus down also. Sheamus ends up dumped over the top and to the floor. Christian spingboards off the second turnbuckle and over the rope to the floor on Sheamus. Sheamus pulls Christian’s shoulder into the ring post and slams him back into the crowd barrier. Sheamus brings it back in the ring and continues working on the arm. 2 count by Sheamus. Sheamus takes Christian back to the mat, working on the arm and neck.
Sheamus takes it to the corner now, still focusing on the arm. Christian fights back and hits a missile dropkick from the top. Christian hits a series of right hands. He ends up on the apron and uses the ropes on Sheamus’ neck. Christian hits the back elbow off the top. He mounts Sheamus with a series of rights. Sheamus fights him off but runs into a kick to the gut. Christian comes off the top again but Sheamus catches him in mid-air. They go back and forth until Sheamus clotheslines Christian to the mat. Christian moves from the corner and Sheamus runs into the post. Christian hits the DDT from the ropes but only gets a 2 count.
Christian goes for the Killswitch but Sheamus counters it. More back and forth. Christian goes for a DDT but that gets countered also. Sheamus hits the big boot to the face and the Celtic toss for the pinfall and the win.
– We go backstage where Triple H is staring at a screen. Shawn Michaels walks up and talks about not being able to earn the shot at Undertaker or a spot in the Chamber. Shawn says DX has never been to WrestleMania together and maybe this year is the first time for that. Triple H says that sounds good but he qualified for the Chamber. He says DX at WrestleMania sounds fun but he’s going to win the WWE Title and go to WrestleMania as Champion. Shawn says it’s all about Triple H now and walks off pissed.
– We’re going to see the footage of Batista and John Cena after last week’s RAW. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Bret Hart attacking Vince McMahon last week and Batista running in for the save. Lawler and Cole hype it up and lead us into the footage of after last week’s show where John Cena came down.
– We see Ted DiBiase in the locker room when Cody Rhodes walks up. Cody says Ted must be proud that he got a spot in the Elimination Chamber. Cody says he had to face John Cena and Ted had to face Mark Henry. Cody says he could have beaten Henry. Ted says now it’s obvious that he is better than Cody. They argue until Randy Orton walks up. He asks Ted if he thinks he’s better than Orton. Ted says we will find out at the Chamber. Orton says he just got word from Carl Edwards that Ted will face John Cena tonight. He has words with Cody Rhodes. Orton also reveals he will be wrestling Cody tonight. We go to commercial.
Elimination Match for the WWE Unified Tag Team Titles: DX vs. CM Punk & Luke Gallows vs. Big Show & The Miz
Back from the break and out comes CM Punk, Luke Gallows and Serena for tonight’s tag title match. We see Teddy Long sitting at ringside watching the match. Punk takes the mic and makes a Katrina reference, saying people depend on drugs and alcohol when they fall on times. He brings up the Saints winning the Super Bowl and continues to rip into the crowd. Punk says he and Gallows will win tonight and prove why Straight Edge is better than anyone else. Punk wants to save someone tonight. He points out Jared from Subway fame in the crowd. Punk tells Jared he is good for Subway but would be better as the spokesperson for the Straight Edge Society. Jared doesn’t like this idea. Punk asks Gallows and Serena to help him bring Jared to the ring. The DX music interrupts them and out comes Shawn Michaels and Triple H, the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions.
Out next comes WWE’s United States Champion The Miz followed by his partner Big Show to a nice reaction. Cole says Big Show was fined by WWE after he hit the referee on last week’s show. Gallows and Miz start brawling before the bell even rings. DX jumps in and goes at it with Punk and Gallows. DX dump them from the ring. Miz tries to sneak up on DX but DX toss him over the top rope onto Show, Luke and Gallows. DX pose in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk goes at it with HBK with Miz in the ring. Punk hits the knee in the corner but only gets a 2 count. Show ends up coming in and taking them both out. He tries to splash them in the corner but they roll out of the way. Triple H, Show and Gallows come in the ring now and face off with each other. Gallows and Triple H attack Big Show. He knocks them off with headbutts and body shots. Show hits Gallows in the corner with a big chop and does the same to Triple H in the corner. Show clotheslines Gallows. HHH hits a series of rights and a knee to the face. Triple H goes for the Pedigree but Show backdrops him over the top and to the floor. Gallows tags in Punk as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk is in the ring with Miz and HHH. He gets 2 counts on both of them. Punk drops elbows to the leg of Triple H as Miz looks on. HHH fights out but Miz goes to work on The Game. Miz and Punk go at it now. Miz throws Punk into Triple H’s boot. Triple H comes out of the corner and drops Miz with a clothesline as Teddy Long looks on from ringside. Punk dropkicks Miz and covers him for a 2 count.
Miz throws Punk in the corner and nails the running clothesline. Miz goes to the apron but Serena pulls him down, hitting his face on the apron. Miz chases Serena but Triple H catches him with a Pedigree on the floor. Punk tries to stop HHH from tagging HBK but can’t. HBK comes in with rights on Punk and a big forearm. HBK hits the atomic drop and chops. He goes to the top rope and hits the big elbow drop, slipping a bit on the top turnbuckle. HBK gets ready for Sweet Chin Music but Luke Gallows stops it. HHH dumps Gallows to the floor. Punk goes for GTS on HBK but Shawn counters with Sweet Chin Music to get the pinfall on Punk and eliminate he and Gallows.
DX turn around and Show clotheslines both of them. Show taunts HBK, telling him to get to his feet. HBK gets up and fights at Show but Show drops him with a headbutt. Show works over HBK now with body shots and a choke on the ropes. Miz kicks Shawn in the head while the ref isn’t looking. Shawn gets back to his feet but Show continues to dominate. Shawn fights back again with rights. Show throws him in the corner but runs into HBK’s boot. Another boot to the face. Show comes back with a big side slam for a 2 count. Miz is tagged in to continue the assault on HBK. Miz with a big boot to the face and a 2 count on HBK after some taunting.
HBK starts fighting back but Miz stops him from making the tag. Miz hits a neckbreaker then goes for the Skull Crushing Finale. HBK fights it off and kicks Miz to the mat. Show comes in and stops the tag from happening. Show turns around and HBK hits Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere. Show goes down. Miz and HHH are tagged in. HHH unloads with rights and hits the knee to the face and another. HHH knocks Show off the apron and hits Miz with the spinebuster. HBK tags himself in and they argue. Miz comes from behind, pushes DX into each other in the corner. Miz rolls HBK up for the pinfall, the win and the gold.
Winner and New WWE Unified Tag Team Champions: Big Show and The Miz
– After the match, Show and Miz celebrate before walking off with their gold. Triple H and HBK just stare at each other in the ring before getting back to their feet. HBK takes off his DX wristband and tosses it. They exchange words and HBK walks off to the back. We get graphics for Cena vs. DiBiase and Orton vs. Rhodes as we go to commercial and a promo for NXT. It says “the season begins” in two weeks.
– Back from the break and Josh Matthews is backstage with Big Show and The Miz. Show says he and Jericho could never beat DX, but he and Miz did. Show tells Jericho that’s how you do it. Miz says he and Show will run WWE together and get all the gold. Miz says their name is MizShow, after almost botching the promo. Show doesn’t like that and they go with ShowMiz.
– Cole and Lawler run down the Elimination Chamber matches so far.
– We see Shawn Michaels walking backstage. He’s asking where is “he” and runs up on Alicia Fox and Carlito. HBK finds who he’s looking for, Teddy Long. Shawn says he needs Teddy to trade him to SmackDown. He says he doesn’t care about DX and just wants to go to SmackDown. Shawn tells Teddy to take one of the guys out of the Chamber and put him in so he can win the World Title and give Undertaker a rematch at WrestleMania. Teddy says the Elimination Chamber is already set and he can’t change it. Shawn grabs Teddy up against the wall. Triple H interrupts and asks Shawn if he’s willing to throw away DX and his career because of the Undertaker obsession. Shawn says his career is over and hits Teddy with Sweet Chin Music. HBK walks off and we go to commercial.
Jillian Hall vs. Gail Kim
We go to the ring where Gail Kim and Jillian Hall are already in the ring. Maryse is on commentary. The Divas tumble to the floor early on and go at it. They go back in the ring and Jillian gets a 2 count. Maryse is playing it nice on commentary, dissing the SmackDown Divas. Gail drops Jillian with a boot to the chin and gets the pinfall in a quick match.
Winner: Gail Kim
– After the match, Maryse comes in the ring with a mic. She tells Gail she’s a big fan of hers and is looking forward to their match at Elimination Chamber. Maryse says something in French and laughs. Maryse says good luck and extends her hand to Gail. They shake hands. Maryse says may the best Diva win.
– We cut to a 2010 Hall of Fame video package announcing that The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase will be the first inductee into this year’s class. We get an awesome video package of Ted’s career. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Jared is backstage eating Subway with Carl Edwards. Santino Marella comes in and tries to sing the Subway $5 footlong song. Santino gripes about Jack Swagger. Edwards makes Santino vs. Swagger for this week’s Superstars. Kofi Kingston comes in and talks to Edwards. Kofi proposes that on next week’s show, all participants of the Elimination Chamber should face off in random singles matches. They try to decide if Edwards should make the matches tonight or leave it to next week’s host. We go to a video of Jerry Springer saying he’s hosting next week. He says if you think WWE is wild, wait until Jerry Springer comes to RAW. They show clips from Springer’s show as we go to the ring.
Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton
We go to the ring where Cody Rhodes is already waiting. Out comes his opponent, Randy Orton, to a nice reaction. The bell rings and they have words. Orton shoves Cody back into the corner. More trash talking. Orton shoves Cody again and continues to yell at him. Cody smacks Orton’s hand away. Orton kicks Cody in the gut but turns back around to a dropkick for Cody. 2 count on Orton. They lock up and go to the corner. Cody counters a move, hits a leg sweep and gets another 2 count on Orton. Orton takes Cody and slingshots him off the top rope, sending him to the mat.
Cody ends up on the top and Orton hits him with right hands. Orton goes for a superplex but Cody knocks him back to the mat. Cody tries a cross body from the top but Orton moves out of the way and Cody goes down. Orton starts stalking Cody from the mat. Sheamus runs down and distracts Orton. Cody comes up from behind and hits Cross Rhodes on Orton for the win.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
– After the match, Sheamus gets in the ring. Orton gets to his feet and turns around to a big boot to the face from the WWE Champion. Sheamus goes to attack Orton again but Cody Rhodes runs in with a chair. Sheamus backs out of the ring and up the ramp, staring at Cody and Orton.
– Cole and Lawler show us again the attack on John Cena by Batista from after last week’s RAW.
– We see John Cena backstage walking to the ring for his match with Ted DiBiase. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Josh Matthews is backstage with Carl Edwards. He announces that next week’s show will see all 6 Elimination Chamber participants wrestle in singles matches. The matches will be Sheamus vs. Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase vs. Kofi Kingston and Triple H vs. John Cena.
Ted DiBiase vs. John Cena
We go to the ring where Ted DiBiase makes his way out. Out next is John Cena, to the usual big pop from the crowd. Cena rushes the ring and takes out Ted before the bell even rings. Cena throws Ted in the corner and unloads. Ted gets thrown over the top rope by Cena. Cena goes to the floor and throws Ted into the barrier. Cena locks the STF on the floor as the referee tries to get him to break it. Cena breaks the hold and just shakes his head. Cena gets in the ring with a mic and looks pissed. He came here tonight to not waste time. He just wants to fight Batista. Cena tells Batista to come out now and finish the job. Cena says he’s not leaving until Batista comes out. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena says Batista must not have came to RAW because he was scared for his life or maybe because the attack on him was a business decision made by Vince McMahon. Cena recalls calling Vince pathetic two weeks ago on RAW and says he thinks Vince is behind all of this. Cena says if he’s not going to fight Batista tonight, then he wants to talk to Vince. Cena calls out Vince and here he comes.
Vince comes out to the ramp and waits. A security team come out behind him before he heads down to the ring. Cena says 10 security guards aren’t enough to stop him. Cena tells Vince to bring a tank next time. Cena says Vince can come in the ring alone and talk like a man or Vince can send them all in the ring to get destroyed which will piss him off even more. Vince makes his way in the ring alone and says he doesn’t need backup. Vince declares he is the supreme alpha male. Vince admits he paid Batista to attack Bret Hart last week and talks about spitting in Bret’s face. Vince says he enjoyed it. Vince says he had nothing to do with Batista attacking Cena. Vince talks about all the reasons he doesn’t like Cena and rips the crowd. Vince says business wise, he does like Cena. Cena says its always about the money with Vince. Cena slams his hat down and talks about Vince’s obsession with money. Cena gets the crowd hype. Cena says he’s going to win the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber and talks about how good it will feel to be at WrestleMania doing it for the fans. Cena brings up Bret Hart. Cena says he talked to Bret last week and that he wants another “moment.” Cena says Bret wants to wrestle another match at WrestleMania and he wants his opponent to be Vince McMahon. Vince says Bret does not want that and Cena says yes, he does. Cena tells Vince here is his chance to have a WrestleMania moment. Cena asks Vince yes or no? Are you about the money or the moment? Cena heads out of the ring. Vince says he’s about the money and the moment. Vince says Bret doesn’t want any of him. Cena asks Vince again, yes or no? Vince yells to Cena to shut up. Vince yells that yes, he will take the match. Vince accepts the match with Bret at WrestleMania. Cena thanks Vince for his answer and says the WWE fans thank him. Cena says Vince has one more person to tell. Vince addresses Bret and shows a video of Bret being beat down last week.
Vince starts talking about Bret. Out of nowhere, Bret Hart rushes the ring from behind and attacks Vince. Security rushes the ring but Bret takes them out. He kicks one guy down in the corner and tosses another one over the top rope. Vince is surrounded by security on the ramp as the takes the mic. Vince says he is not wrestling Bret at WrestleMania because Bret deserves to be screwed. Vince yells this over and over. Bret is making his way up the ramp with a chair but Vince rushes to the back with security. Bret tears up part of the production area but trips and goes to one knee. He no-sells it and gets back up. Bret comes back to ringside and tears apart the announce table. The Hitman gets back in the ring and poses for the fans. RAW goes off the air with the WrestleMania sign hanging above Bret’s head.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News