WWE RAW Results – January 25, 2010
– The pyro explodes and music plays as Michael Cole welcomes us to Columbus, Ohio for tonight’s RAW from the Nationwide Arena. They say that both of the stars from Psych will be here tonight on the graphic but even their website said it would only be Dule Hill tonight. We’ll see.
DX vs. Legacy
The DX music plays as WWE’s Unified Tag Team Champions make their way out to the ring for tonight’s first match. We go to replays of last week’s show where Triple H threw Shawn out of the ring. All appears to be fine between them tonight. DX gets a big pop here from the crowd as they take the mic. Triple H asks where Hornswoggle is and Shawn says he sent him home. Shawn asks Triple H why he can’t understand that if he wins the Royal Rumble, he has a guaranteed shot at Undertaker. Shawn asks Triple H to look at it from his position. Shawn says he needs and wants the shot at ending the streak. Triple H says yes, that is too much to ask from him. Triple H says for the past six months they’ve been running around telling jokes and now it’s Rumble time, time to get serious. Triple H says he wants the title shot and wants to main event WrestleMania. Triple H says they can work together at the Royal Rumble and eliminate everyone else but it’s going to come down to them two. HBK says he understands and puts the mic down. Out come their opponents, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase.
Triple H and Cody start the match out. They go to the corner and brawl. Triple H goes for a Pedigree early but Ted pulls Cody out of the ring and breaks the hold. Michael Cole says we have some breaking news on tonight’s RAW hosts as we go to commercial break.
Back from the break and Shawn Michaels comes in to go at it with Cody. HBK takes control as Lawler announces that James Rodey from Psych won’t be here to host tonight. Legacy ends up on the outside. Shawn leaps off the top onto them both and brings Cody back in. Ted distracts HBK on the apron which allows Cody to nail a big neckbreaker. Ted comes in and works over HBK in the corner.
Cody comes back in and they double team Shawn for a 2 count. Cody stomps and drops knees on Shawn for another 2 count. Ted comes in off the tag again and dropkicks Shawn off the ropes. Ted covers Shawn for a 2 count. Ted kicks Shawn in the face while he’s down and gets another 2 count. Cody is back in now and he keeps control of Shawn. Another 2 count. HBK finally counters a move and goes to tag but Triple H isn’t on the apron. DiBiase comes in and tries for Dream Street but gets superkicked to the mat. Triple H finally gets tagged in and goes at it with DiBiase. Triple H takes control. Cody comes in and catches a spinebuster. Ted gets laid out again also. Triple H goes for the Pedigree on Cody when Shawn tags himself in. This pisses Triple H off. Cody knocks them into each other and they have a staredown. Shawn superkicks DiBiase again. Triple H decks Cody and stops him from hitting Shawn. Shawn covers DiBiase for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, Shawn and Triple H tease some tension but end up shaking hands.
MVP vs. Big Show
Back from the break and out comes MVP. MVP takes the mic and says he needs to say something to The Miz. MVP says he’s the #1 contender to Miz’s belt and Miz can’t keep running away from him. MVP says he is going to take the belt from Miz and become a 3-time US Champion. Out comes The Miz to the stage. Miz picks on MVP for being in prison. They go back and forth until Miz brings out his friend Big Show for the match.
The match starts and Show takes down MVP first. Show with a headbutt knocking MVP back into the corner. Show hits a big chop but misses a splash in the corner as Miz looks on from the ramp. MVP hits a knee to the face and then the running kick in the corner. He goes for another kick but Show grabs him by the throat and choke slams him for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Big Show
– After the match, The Miz runs down to the ring and yells in MVP’s face. Miz raises his US Title over MVP. Lawler says tonight we will get Vince McMahon’s decision on Bret Hart as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cody Rhodes is backstage pacing. He tells Ted DiBiase he didn’t know where his head was last week and thank you for helping tonight. Orton walks in and says there’s been tension between them for the past few months. Orton says they lost to DX tonight and failed to help him with Sheamus last week. Orton says at the Rumble only one man wins that match and when it comes to him and Sheamus, he will win that one. He says he’s becoming WWE Champion again either with or without Legacy. Orton walks off.
– We go to John Cena and tonight’s host Dule Hill who are backstage. They talk about the season premiere of Psych this Wednesday night on USA. Cena asks where Rodey is and Dule tells about him having surgery this weekend. Cena tells Dule he needs to make tonight on RAW his night. Dule says this is his playground as Cena walks off. The Miz enters and says Psych should have had him on instead of Cena. Dule says he has a match for Miz tonight but doesn’t say what it is. They cut promos on each other before Dule walks off. Back to commercial.
WWE Divas Title Tournament Semi-Final: Maryse vs. Eve Torres
Back from the break and out comes Maryse in a semi-final match for the Divas Title tournament. Maryse takes the mic before the match and says the other Divas are wasting their time. She’s talking in French when a pyro explosion goes off. We cut to host Dule Hill who is in the pyro box. She starts going off on him, calling him a loser. He says he accidentally pressed a button. Out comes Maryse’s opponent Eve. The winner of this match will face the winner of Gail Kim vs. Alicia Fox for the Divas Title. They lock up and go to the corner with Eve in control.
Eve gets an early 2 count and slams Maryse by her hair. Eve flips onto Maryse for another 2 count. Eve with a splash in the corner and a body slam. Eve goes to the top for a moonsault but Maryse moves out of the way. Maryse goes for her DDT but Eve counters with a suplex and a 2 count. Maryse finally hits the French Kiss for the win and the spot in the finals.
– We see Vince McMahon backstage heading to the ring as we go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Vince McMahon makes his way out to the ring. We cut back to last week where The Undertaker told Vince McMahon that he screwed Bret and called him a coward. Vince takes the mic and says if Taker were here tonight, he would dare him in his face to call him a coward again. Vince talks about selling Bret to WCW and said he was never heard from or seen again. Vince says the people have forgotten about Bret Hart. Vince asks if there’s a reason to bring Bret back and the crowd pops. They start chanting “we want Bret.” Vince tells them to be careful what they ask for. Vince says that Bret Hart will never appear in WWE, and that’s his announcement. Vince says he’s a business man and he does what’s right for business. Vince goes to the ringside area and asks a fan to give him a good reason why Bret should be brought back. The fan says because he will take Vince down. Vince hops the barrier and goes into the stands asking fans about Bret. One kid says he’s awesome. Vince eventually comes back to the ring and says he didn’t hear one good reason why he should bring Bret back. Vince says Bret is a part of the past and they start chanting again.
Vince says he’s concerned with the present and the future and calls Bret a footnote in WWE’s past. He says Bret’s not returning and thanks the fans, getting ready to leave. Out comes John Cena to the ring. Cena says he’s never had a problem with Vince until recently when Vince compared Bret to a old piece of gum. Cena talks about how Vince treated Roddy Piper at MSG a few months back. Cena cuts on Vince’s purple jacket and Vince cuts on his orange crap he wears, as Vince calls it. Cena congratulates Vince on building an empire but says Vince had help from people like Hart and Piper. They go back and forth. Cena calls Vince pathetic and this pisses Vince off. Cena tells Vince to invite Bret Hart to next week’s RAW. Cena says Bret deserves a chance to confront Vince face to face. Cena tells Vince to picture his 90th birthday in 2035. Cena says he’s going to find Vince on that day, lift him out of his wheelchair and knock his false teeth down his throat. Cena says he’s not here to change Vince’s mind but this is one of those situations where he needs to do the right thing. Cena walks off up the ramp. Vince yells at him to stop. Vince tells everyone to listen to him. Vince says he will invite Bret back for next week and have him step right in the ring if he has the guts. Vince says he won’t even flinch. Vince announces Sheamus vs. John Cena for tonight’s RAW. We go to commercial.
The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston
WWE’s United States Champion The Miz comes out next for this non-title match. This match was made by Dule Hill. Out next is his opponent Kofi Kingston. The bell rings and they lock up. Kofi takes Miz down first but they go back and forth. Kofi with a crossbody from the floor for a 2 count. Kofi comes off the ropes but Miz kicks him out of the air and to the mat for a 2 count. Miz puts knees to the back and hits Kofi with forearm shots. Miz with a headlock now.
Miz with a kick to the face and another 2 count on Kofi. Miz with more kicks and a leg drop followed by another headlock. Kofi with a kick to the head in the corner. Kofi goes to the top and comes down on Miz for a 2 count. Miz counters a move and hits a backbreaker and a neckbreaker. 2 count by Miz. MVP’s music hits and distracts The Miz. Kofi takes advantage and hits Trouble in Paradise for the win.
Winner: Kofi Kingston
– After the match, MVP comes out to the stage to taunt Miz.
– We go backstage with Dule Hill and Carlito. They walk into the WWE production truck. They have the production guy add Carlito’s face on the screen. Dule says he’s going to type in a random code and which ever Superstar appears on the graphic, that’s Carlito’s opponent. It comes up as Kelly Kelly. Carlito vs. Kelly? Carlito says he’s ready for the match now and walks off joking with Dule. Dule tells the production guy to carry on… and we go back to commercial.
Carlito vs. Kelly Kelly
Carlito is in the ring waiting on Kelly Kelly to come out. She comes out but is interrupted by Santino Marella. He plugs the Best of RAW 2009 DVD which comes out tomorrow. Santino says it’s a new year for him and he’s going to replace Kelly tonight, defeat Carlito and go on to win the Royal Rumble and main event WrestleMania. Jack Swagger attacks Santino from behind and lays him out. Swagger brings Santino in the ring just to toss him back over the top rope. Swagger goes to the floor and slams Santino face first into the ringpost. Swagger taunts Santino before walking off and stepping on him. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we go to a video running down various stats for the Royal Rumble match.
– We go backstage to John Cena and Dule Hill. Cena has the other host Rodey on speaker phone. He says he’s bummed he can’t be there tonight. Alicia Fox walks in. She’s looking for the one that’s a psychic. Dule hangs up the phone on Rodey, the psychic on the show. Cena walks off. Dule says he’s going to be ringside with Alicia Fox in her match as her good luck charm. We get ready to take another break.
Semi-Final for the Divas Title Tournament: Gail Kim vs. Alicia Fox
Back from the break and Dule Hill is with Cole and Lawler on commentary. Gail Kim is in the ring as Alicia Fox makes her way out. The winner will face Maryse for the title. They lock up and go back and forth. Alicia eventually hits a backbreaker for a 2 count. Gail gets thrown into the corner but counters a move. Gail with a powerslam and a 2 count. Small package by Gail and another 2 count. Gail gets the win after a boot to the face and the spot in the finals.
Winner: Gail Kim
– After the match, Alicia Fox goes on a rampage outside the ring. She goes over to Dule and asks what happened to her winning. He tells her he’s an actor and he was doing what he’s does. She drops him with a right h and. Lawler helps Dule up as we go to replays.
– Backstage we see WWE Champion Sheamus headed to the ring. Back to commercial we go.
Sheamus vs. John Cena
Back from commercial and out comes the WWE Champion Sheamus for this non-title match. Out next comes John Cena to a big pop. The match starts and they lock up and go to the corner after testing each other for a minute. Sheamus breaks the hold and shows off some. Cena takes Sheamus back to the corner and the ref breaks it up. Cena shows off now. Sheamus charges but Cena fights back with right hands and hits the bulldog for a 2 count.
Sheamus takes control and backs Cena in the corner. Sheamus beats Cena down with a bunch of kicks. Cena catches Sheamus with a suplex for 2. They come off the ropes and Sheamus drops Cena with a clothesline. Sheamus with another pin attempt. Sheamus controls the match now, dropping Cena with rights. Sheamus launches Cena into the opposite corner and covers for another 2 count.
Sheamus gets Cena on the apron and hits a running knee to the face, knocking Cena out to the floor. Sheamus goes for another but Cena counters and goes for the Attitude Adjustment. Sheamus counters that with a DDT for a 2 count. Sheamus hits a big powerslam for another 2 count. Cena goes for the STF but Sheamus counters and kicks Cena out of the ring. Sheamus comes to the floor and throws Cena into the steel steps. The referee begins his count and Cena comes back in at the 9 count. Cena counters a move and hits the shoulder blocks off the ropes and back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Sheamus counters the Attitude Adjustment with a knee to the back and a 2 count. Sheamus goes for the big axe kick but Cena counters it with the STF. Sheamus reaches the rope and breaks the hold. Cena comes out to the floor after Sheamus but gets kicked in the face with Sheamus’ big kick. Cena is laid out again as the referee counts.
Out of nowhere, Randy Orton rushes the ring and lays Sheamus out with the RKO. Orton gets down and taunts Sheamus as the referee calls for the bell. Cena comes up to the ropes and Orton grabs him. Orton goes for the DDT off the ropes but Cena counters with the Attitude Adjustment, laying Orton out.
Winner: Sheamus by DQ
– Cena celebrates in the ring with Orton and Sheamus still laid out. RAW goes off the air.