WWE RAW Results – December 21, 2009
– We go to the ring where Justin Roberts introduces MLB star and tonight’s RAW host, Johnny Damon. Damon comes out ready to have fun but the Tampa crowd boo’s the New York Yankee. Damon wishes everyone a Merry Christmas when he hits the ring. Damon talks about winning the World Series and does a crotch chop. He says he doesn’t know who he’s playing for next year but tonight he’s hosting RAW and is in charge of WWE tonight. Damon says there are some Secret Santas who are going to be granting WWE Superstar wishes tonight. All of a sudden a loud tiger growl plays over the speakers. A man dressed in a tiger suit jumps out from the crowd and hits the ring. A woman chases him with a golf club and this is ridiculous. WWE is late on the Tiger Woods jokes. Damon brings out the Divas.
Santa’s Little Helper Match: Melina, Kelly Kelly and Gail Kim vs. Maryse, Alicia Fox and Jillian Hall
Out first comes the team of WWE Divas Champion Melina, Kelly Kelly and Gail Kim, all dressed as sexy Santas. Their opponents Maryse, Alicia Fox and Jillian Hall are out next.
Jillian and Gail start the match out. Gail hits the offense early and rams Jillian in the corner. Gail with a crossbody off the top rope for a 2 count. Jillian misses an elbow in the corner but drops Gail for a 2 count. Maryse and Jillian come in to double team Gail. Maryse with a backbreaker for another 2 count. Gail takes Maryse to the corner and tags in Kelly. Kelly clotheslines Maryse twice and dropkicks her. Kelly with a head scissors take down and a leg drop on Maryse for another 2 count. Jillian comes in as does Melina. The Divas brawl to the floor. Maryse goes to slam Kelly Kelly but Melina runs in and dropkicks Kelly onto Maryse. Kelly gets the pin and the win.
Winners: Kelly Kelly, Melina and Gail Kim
– Back from commercial and Lawler leads us into the little people’s court segment earlier today. We see DX talking in the arena and they’re reading another paper for court. They talk up towards the ring area. HBK kneels down and looks under the ring. Triple H follows and it’s pitch black under the ring. They’re treating it like going to another world. Shawn cracks open a DX glow stick so they can see. The lights come on and supposedly they’re “under the ring” but it’s just a hallway in the back it looks like. They walk into a door labeled “Little People’s Court.” DX enters a room with lots of little people facing them.
The entire court is made up of little people. DX look shocked and start making little jokes. They won’t sit down so a little guy cracks them in the knees with something and makes them sit. Hornswoggle comes walking in and yells stuff at them. He’s suing them for some kind of emotional distress. We go to Exhibit A and it’s various clips of DX and Hornswoggle over the past few weeks. We go back to the court and DX say they look bad. A voice says we will find out how this court battle ends up later tonight on RAW.
Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase vs. Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry
We go right to the ring where Randy Orton and Legacy are making their way out to the ring for six-man action. Out next is the team of Mark Henry, Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston.
Henry and Orton start the match out but Orton rolls to the floor and tags in Cody. Henry works over Cody before tagging in Kofi. Kofi with a series of kicks on Cody in the corner before the referee has to pull him off. Kofi goes for the big splash in the corner but Cody moves and Kofi lands on his head. Orton is tagged in as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cody Rhodes has Kofi in a chinlock. Kofi fights back and hits a big back drop on Cody. Kofi tags in Bourne who hits a big hurricanrana on Cody and a dropkick. Bourne drops Ted and Orton off the apron. Clothesline by Bourne on Cody. He goes to the top and nails the Shooting Star Press on Cody but only gets a 2 count as Ted breaks the pin. Kofi comes in but the ref is distracted. Orton pulls Bourne to the floor and levels him with a clothesline as the ref is distracted. Cody gets a 2 on Bourne. Orton is tagged in and continues the assault on Bourne.
Orton slingshots Bourne’s neck under the bottom rope for another 2 count. Ted is tagged in and drops an elbow on Bourne’s back. Hanging suplex by Ted on Bourne for a 2 count. Ted with a big headlock on Bourne now. Bourne gets to his feet and fights out with kicks. They run the ropes and Ted hits a huge clothesline on Bourne and gets a very close 2 count. Cody comes right in, double teams Bourne with Ted. Ted gets tagged right back in. Bourne and Ted both go down. Orton and Kofi are tagged in at the same time and they go at it. Kofi drops Orton with chops and a big dropkick. Kofi counters in the corner and hits another big dropkick followed by the Boom Drop for a 2 count as Cody breaks the pin. Henry comes in and takes out Cody. Orton kicks Kofi and tags in Ted. Kofi dumps Orton to the floor and hits Trouble in Paradise on DiBiase for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Mark Henry, Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston
– We go backstage with Santa, Johnny Damon, Eve and The Bella Twins at a Christmas party. Eve goes to get a drink and Carlito approaches her. They’re under mistletoe and he wants a kiss. He closes his eyes and puckers up when Chris Masters appears. They shove each other. Santa gets between them and talks about a match tonight. Carlito pulls his beard down and it’s Sgt. Slaughter. Damon comes over and makes Carlito vs. Masters for tonight. Slaughter points out that he and Damon are under the mistletoe. Damon says don’t even think about it, and that’s an order. Slaughter laughs and makes a joke about “don’t ask, don’t tell.” We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a “previously on little people’s court” as we head back into the court room. Triple H addresses the court and says this is all a “little” misunderstanding. He calls them trolls and midgets, then asks what they want to be called. HBK asks for a moment and says he will make it “short.” Hornswoggle yells something at the jury and we go to Exhibit B, another video showing the clip of Triple H hitting the Pedigree on Hornswoggle. They say DX is guilty. HBK stands up and DX isn’t happy but they’re not mad either. The little people and Hornswoggle start throwing stuff at DX. They run out of the room and have to stop the little people from coming out of the door. DX run off up the hall and it appears that they pop back out from under the ring, in little people’s world. Ridiculous stuff here. Someone pulls Shawn’s feet and they start dragging him back under the ring. Triple H grabs HBK’s arms and pulls him back out. DX get up and run to the back as we go back to Cole and Lawler in the arena. Lawler: “Did we just see that?” We go to commercial.
John Cena vs. Jack Swagger
Back from the break and John Cena makes his way to the ring to a big pop from the Tampa crowd. Cena rushes the ring for the next match. Out next is Cena’s opponent, Jack Swagger.
The bell rings and they lock up. Swagger takes Cena to the mat and they do a little back and forth. Swagger takes Cena to the corner and beats him to the mat. Swagger with body shots and a shot to the turnbuckle. Swagger rams Cena in the corner now and continues the assault. Swagger with a boot to the throat and some taunting.
Cena counters and hits the bulldog off the ropes on Swagger. Swagger rushes but Cena dumps him over the top rope and to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see that during the break Swagger threw Cena into the fan barrier. Swagger controls the match in the ring now. Swagger catches Cena in the air and drops him hard with a slam. Swagger does push ups and taunts Cena. Swagger with shots in the corner now. Swagger charges in the corner but Cena moves. Cena fights back with right hands but Swagger catches him with a big sideslam for a 2 count.
Swagger takes Cena down to the mat now and applies a submission. Cena fights out and hits a belly to belly throw for a 2 count. Cena fights back but Swagger drops him again and starts stomping. Swagger slams Cena again for a close 2 count. Swagger goes for the gutwrench powerbomb but Cena counters it and hits the back drop. Cena hit the shoulder off the ropes and the big slam on Swagger. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Swagger counters and powerslams Cena out of the corner for a 2 count. Swagger takes Cena to the top for a superplex but Cena knocks him off. Cena misses the leg drop from the top rope but ends up locking the STF on Swagger. Cena makes Swagger tap for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– We go backstage where Johnny Damon is talking to another Santa. This time it’s pretty obvious it’s Dusty Rhodes. MVP walks in. He talks about 2010 being his year. MVP proposes MVP vs. Sheamus for tonight. MVP pulls down Santa’s beard and exposes it as Dusty. Damon makes the match for tonight and we go back to commercial.
Chris Masters vs. Carlito
Back from the break and Carlito makes his way out. We go to a replay of the Slammys where Carlito attacked Matt Hardy and Chris Masters made the save. Back to the arena where Masters makes his way out with Eve at his side. The bell rings and Masters blocks a big right from Carlito. Carlito ends up dropping Masters neck over the ropes and taking control of the match. Carlito with a sleeper now.
Masters rams Carlito back into the corner but runs into a boot. Carlito charges and Masters hits him with a powerslam. Masters calls for the Masterlock and goes for it until Carlito counters. Carlito goes for the Backstabber but Masters counters with another Masterlock attempt. They tangle but Masters finally locks it. Carlito goes out and the referee calls for the bell.
Winner: Chris Masters
– After the match, Chris Masters celebrates in the ring with Eve. She pulls out some mistletoe and they kiss under it. Masters makes his pec jump as we cut to a recap video of WWE’s Troops Tribute from this past Saturday.
– We come back from a commercial where The Bellas are backstage chatting with the guy in a tiger suit. We pan over to The Miz talking to Santa. Miz says he’s the greatest US Champion of all-time. Miz rattles off everything he wants to Santa. Santa pulls his beard down and it’s IRS. IRS says Miz owes taxes for something. The woman who was chasing the man in a tiger suit from earlier walks in. She chases him off again. IRS talks about tax season coming up and warns The Miz. Damon walks over and says he’s glad he pays his taxes. IRS says baseball players are the biggest tax cheats of them all. Mae Young walks up and starts making out with Damon. She pulls him to the floor and has trouble getting back up. Mae wishes everyone a Merry Christmas as we go to the ring.
Sheamus vs. MVP
We go to the ring where the WWE Champion Sheamus makes his way out for the next match. As he enters the ring, we go to another commercial break.
Back from the break and MVP makes his way out for this non-title match. The bell rings and Sheamus strikes first with a big right. Sheamus beats MVP down and rams him into the corner. Sheamus with a knee to the head and another big right hand. MVP starts to fight back but Sheamus beats him back down to the mat.
Sheamus beats MVP down some more and smirks at him. Sheamus charges in the corner but MVP moves and fights back with lefts and rights. MVP with a knee to the face. He goes for the Ballin’ elbow drop but Sheamus gets up and hits the big boot to the face and lays MVP out. Sheamus hits his border toss finisher for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, John Cena runs down to the ring with a microphone. Sheamus stands off with his WWE Title belt. Cena says Sheamus owes him a rematch. Cena says he wants it right now. Sheamus backs out of the ring and the crowd boo’s. Sheamus gets back up on the apron and teases getting back in the ring but doesn’t. Sheamus locks eyes with Cena and backs up the ramp. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Johnny Damon is backstage when Vince McMahon walks up. Vince says Damon has been doing a good job but asks what Damon is going to do about Cena’s challenge to Sheamus. Damon says Sheamus vs. Cena for the WWE Title on next week’s RAW. Damon asks Vince if there’s any truth the rumor of Bret Hart hosting RAW. Vince says it’s Christmas time and that’s kind of a bah-humbug question. Vince walks off.
The Miz vs. Santino Marella
We go to the ring for the next match. Out comes the WWE United States Champion The Miz. Out next is his opponent, Santino Marella. Santino’s music starts but out he comes dressed as Santa Claus. It’s Santino Claus. Christmas music plays as Santino hands out gifts.
Santino says Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa and Hanukkah to everyone. The match starts with Santino in the Santa outfit still. The bell rings and Miz pummels Santino with rights and lefts. Miz continues the assault and hits a neckbreaker. Miz rams Santino back in the corner and beats him down with kicks.
Miz misses the leap in the corner and Santino takes control. He hits some moves and goes for the punch from the second rope. Miz moves out of the way and hits the Skull Crushing Finale on Santino for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: The Miz
After the match, The Miz picks up the bag of gifts Santino had and stomps all over it. He backs up the ramp wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. We go to Cole and Lawler who lead us into a recap of DX in little people’s court tonight.
We see Big Show walking around backstage when Josh Matthews stops him. Matthews asks him what he thinks of tonight’s Christmas RAW. Show says he’s tired of all these fake Santa’s. He’s going to the ring to call out the real Santa. If Santa doesn’t grant his wish, he’s knocking him and anybody else in his way out. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we go to a preview of The Marine 2.
– We go to the ring where Big Show is making his way out. He’s pissed off and in a hurry to get to the ring. Show says Damon said Santa was going to grant a wish for a WWE Superstar tonight and he’s that star. Show calls out the real Santa to the ring. Music plays and out comes Santa with The Bella Twins at his side.
Santa comes to the ring and starts talking with a bad accent. Show kneels down on one knee and Santa sits on his knee. Santa asks Show what he wants for Christmas. Show says he wants his friend Chris Jericho back on RAW. Santa says Jericho always ran his mouth but asks Show if this is what he really wants. Show is acting like a sad little kid here. It’s starting to sound like Jericho’s voice now. Santa says Jericho can come back to RAW next week. Hornswoggle appears and pulls Santa’s beard off, revealing it as Chris Jericho. Hornswoggle crotch chops them and runs back under the ring. Hornswoggle’s music hits again and a bunch of little people in DX gear run out from under the ring. They surround Show and Jericho in the ring. They charge Jericho but he pushes them off. Show starts throwing them out of the ring also. One little guy is wrapped around Jericho’s leg. Show lifts him up and hits a big side slam. Jericho brings Hornswoggle in the ring. Show pushes Hornswoggle around and backs him into the corner. Hornswoggle throws his hat down and starts getting ready for Sweet Chin Music. He kicks Jericho in the knee. Show lifts Hornswoggle for a chokeslam when DX’s music hits and out they come. DX brawls with Jericho and Big Show. HBK sends Jericho over the top. Show grabs DX for a double chokeslam but they double suplex him out of the ring. Triple H takes the mic and says let’s squash him, meaning Hornswoggle. HBK talks him out of it and says Hornswoggle is starting to grow on him. This excites Hornswoggle. Triple H is starting to like him too. HBK asks Triple H if they can keep him. HBK promises to feed him, walk him and clean out his cage. Triple H says they can’t let him in DX because of their height requirement. They say if Hornswoggle drops the whole court thing, they will make him the official DX mascot. And if you’re not down with that… Hornswoggle yells suck it as DX’s music plays and all three celebrate in the ring with chops and pyro. RAW goes off the air with Holiday wishes from Cole and Lawler while DX celebrate in the ring.