WWE RAW Results – November 30, 2009
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcoming us to Baltimore. Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton is announced for later tonight. The music hits and out comes Chris Jericho and Big Show, the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions.
The Champions enter the ring and Jericho takes the mic. Jericho says they need to clear up some misconceptions tonight. Jericho says people think DX are the best tag team of all-time but they’re not. They want to tell the truth about DX right now. Jericho talks how dominant he and Show have been as stills flash on the big screen of them defending the belts. Jericho talks about how DX has never held the tag belts. Show says DX are frauds and talks about their merchandise. Show says DX can’t compare to them and at TLC, DX will become useless, outdated garbage. Show says he is the only star to ever hold the WWE, ECW and WCW World Titles.
Jericho puts over Show and Show says his fist is a lethal weapon. Jericho points out how DX has never been in a TLC match. The music hits and out comes DX to interrupt Jericho talking.
DX hit the ring and the crowd pops. Triple H says Jericho is boring everyone to death. Triple H says it doesn’t matter if they’ve never held the belts before because DX makes history and has been at the forefront of every revolution in wrestling in the last decade. HBK says at TLC, in his hometown, DX is going to once again make history – by being in their first TLC match and winning the tag belts. Triple H brings up how if Jericho loses the tag belts, he will be gone from RAW because he is a SmackDown star. The crowd starts singing “goodbye” to Jericho. Jericho says without him, RAW is nothing and the ratings will go in the toilet. Jericho says DX needs to face the facts, his team is better than DX.
Triple H says since Jericho is leaving RAW in two weeks, why don’t they wrestle tonight. Jericho consults with Big Show and accepts the challenge. On one condition. Big Show says the condition is, if Jericho loses then he faces DX in a Handicap match next week. But if Jericho wins, it’s Triple H vs. Jericho and Show in a Handicap match next week. It’s a done deal and Jericho says he is never leaving RAW as their music plays and JeriShow heads to the back. Lawler and Cole plug tonight’s main event, Orton vs. Kofi and Verne Troyer as we go to commercial break.
Back from the break and the WWE Divas Champion Melina makes her way to the ring with her partner Gail Kim. The screen goes black, looks like some kind of technical difficulty. The camera comes back on and it’s Maryse backstage being interviewed by Josh Matthews. She cuts a promo on attacking Melina last week and Jillian Hall breaks out in a little song. Out comes Maryse and Jillian for the match. Maryse looks to start with Melina but she tags out to Jillian. Maryse distracts Melina and Jillian rolls her up for 2. Melina comes back with offense and tags in Gail who hits a dropkick from the top. 2 count by Gail. A botch or two here. Jillian comes back and gets a 2 on Gail before tossing her across the ring.
Maryse is tagged in and we get some slow spots. Melina is tagged in and she unloads on Maryse, hitting a spear. Jillian comes in but Melina throws her into a Gail Kim clothesline. Jillian and Gail fight outside while Melina and Maryse go at it in the ring. Maryse counters a move out of the corner and drops Melina with a DDT for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Maryse and Jillian Hall
– We get replays of the matches for the Breakthrough Battle Royal last week on RAW and Sheamus attacking John Cena at their contract signing for TLC. Sheamus is shown in the back heading to the ring as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and the #1 contender Sheamus makes his way out. Sheamus says at TLC, he will become the new WWE Champion and then John Cena will take him seriously. The music hits and out comes Santino Marella to interrupt. Santino says they have a match right now and Sheamus didn’t even mention him just now. Santino does some comedy and Sheamus doesn’t find it funny. Santino cuts on Sheamus’ pale skin. Sheamus interrupts with a big right. Sheamus attacks Santino and throws him into the ringpost. Sheamus drops Santino a few times before hitting him with the big boot to the face. Sheamus hits his Razor’s Edge finisher and Santino is done. Cole is really playing up how devastating Sheamus is here. Sheamus goes under the ring and brings out a table. He sets it up in the corner and lifts Santino on his shoulder. Sheamus spears Santino through the table. Sheamus heads to the back and says that’s nothing compared to what he’s going to do to John Cena.
– We go backstage where Big Show and Chris Jericho are walking and talking. They walk by Verne Troyer, who looks super tiny next to Big Show. Verne says hi to Show but ignores Jericho. Jericho says the joke must be for RAW hosts to disrespect him and walks off. Verne tells Show he will be out there in a minute and we go back to break.
– Back from commercial and Verne Troyer is introduced. He’s sitting on a stool at the top of the stage. Verne says when he saw his friend Seth Green host RAW, he wanted to try it for himself. Verne says everybody from WWE was great at SummerSlam this past year when he went, except for one person – The Miz. The Miz comes out to interrupt. Miz says he doesn’t remember seeing Verne at the SummerSlam party and jokes on his height. They both mock each other and it’s kind of painful to watch. Miz talks about kicking Verne like a football down to the ring. Mark Henry’s music hits and he comes to the stage.
Henry comes out and Miz relates him to Fat Bastard from Austin Powers. Not a good segment here. Verne says he wants to come slap the grin off Miz’s face but has someone else in mind and smiles at Mark Henry. Miz vs. Henry is announced for later tonight. They stare each other down as we get ready for another commercial break.
Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
Back from commercial and Kofi Kingston makes his way to the ring. He is attacked from behind by Cody Rhodes on the ramp. Officials finally get Cody to return to the back as Kofi tries to recover. A nice “Kofi” chant starts as Kofi pulls himself into the ring. The referee checks on Kofi and he says he’s good, he wants the match. Voices starts playing as we await Randy Orton’s entrance. Ted DiBiase attacks from behind and works on Kofi’s leg. Kofi gets to his feet and sells the leg injury. He tells the referee he’s ok. Out comes Randy Orton finally for the match.
The bell starts and Orton goes right after the leg, beating Kofi down to the mat. Orton continues to work over the leg on the apron before bringing it back in the ring. Orton with more stomps on Kofi. Orton slingshots Kofi’s neck into the bottom rope. Kofi still tries to fight back but Orton kicks him back down. Orton eventually hits the RKO for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Orton picks Kofi up and lays him out from the top turnbuckle. Orton hits a nasty DDT, dropping Kofi on his head.
– Back from a commercial and MVP is playing Verne Troyer in SmackDown vs. RAW 2010. Mark Henry walks in and looks like something is bothering him. Jillian Hall appears and she wants to sing a Beyonce song tonight. MVP talks about Henry having personality or something and tells MVP to sing. She breaks out in song and Henry starts dancing with her. Henry falls on her and she’s laid out. MVP ushers Henry out of the room. Verne says he thinks Jillian is dead and gets back to his video game. Another painful segment. Cole and Lawler run down the matches for TLC so far.
– Backstage we see a car some driving up. Out steps the WWE Champion John Cena and he’s headed to the ring to speak. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes John Cena. He tells them to stop the music and addresses Sheamus putting him through a table last week. Cena says if Sheamus becomes WWE Champion, he will use his rematch he gets at TLC. Cena says this because… they go to war tonight. Cena says he is making a statement tonight as it will be Sheamus vs. John Cena for the WWE Title. The music hits and out comes… Carlito.
Carlito takes the mic and says he doesn’t like Sheamus but he likes what Sheamus represents. Carlito says there are a lot of stars on RAW, SmackDown and ECW who want to see Cena lose the belt. Carlito says they’re tired of Cena hogging the spotlight, tired of his hats and armbands. Carlito asks where his spotlight is. Carlito tells Cena it’s over for him. Cena tells Carlito he picked the wrong guy on the wrong night. Cena says Carlito wants no part of this fight. Cena tells Carlito to step up and if he does, he will unleash hell on him. Carlito takes a bite of apple but Cena decks him and hits the Attitude Adjuster. Cena tosses Carlito from the ring. Music hits and out comes Sheamus. Cena takes the mic and tells Sheamus to come get some. Cena gets pumped in the ring but Sheamus turns around and walks away, to the back. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Verne Troyer is introduced at the top of the stage again. Verne introduces two friends of his, MVP and Mark Henry. They both take mics. MVP says to prepare yourself for an epic moment. MVP says since The Miz says Henry has no personality, they’re going to show something now. MVP tells everyone to get on their feet for this one. A beat starts playing and Henry breaks out into a horrible rap. And that’s it. We cut to commercial while he’s rapping. Really, what was the point of that?
Mark Henry vs. The Miz
Back from the break and Henry is waiting in the ring. The WWE United States Champion The Miz makes his way out next. The bell rings and Miz strikes first. Henry fights back some but Miz takes back control in the corner with rights. Verne Troyer is watching from the stage. Miz takes out Henry’s knee and he goes down. Miz with a big kick to the face and a 2 count. Miz with more kicks. Miz works Henry over in the corner and drops his neck over the rope. Miz goes to the top but Henry catches him in mid-air and nails the World’s Strongest Slam for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, Henry goes back to the stage where Verne is. Verne says they have to do something to celebrate now and that’s… bring out the ladies. Eve, Kelly and The Bella Twins come out to dance with Henry and Verne. Maybe this whole thing was a fill-in for the DX court that didn’t air?
– Back from the break and DX is backstage. Triple H says he had a dream that a little person handed him a note telling him to be in court. Shawn says he had that same dream. Oh well. Hornswoggle comes in and starts ranting about hoe he has to pursue further legal action against DX. They tell him he has nothing and walk off. Verne Troyer rides up on his car and tells Hornswoggle he should sue DX for everything they have.
Chris Jericho vs. Triple H
We go to the ring where Chris Jericho makes his way out for the main event. The DX music hits next as Shawn and Triple H make their way out to a nice pop. The bell rings as Shawn joins us for commentary. Triple H strikes first and Jericho goes to the floor. Triple H follows and brings it back in the ring. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes, distracting Triple H. Triple H gets on the apron to a big dropkick from Jericho. Big Show walks down where Triple H is out on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Big Show is on commentary now. Triple H unloads on Jericho in the ring. Jericho dumps Triple H back to the floor. Jericho works Show over on the floor now before taking it back in the ring. Jericho with rights in the corner. Jericho with a 1 count on Triple H. Triple H hits a high knee and the knee to the face for a 2 count.
Jericho counters a move with the Walls of Jericho but Triple H breaks out of it. Jericho drops Triple H for another close 2 count. Jericho with a bulldog. Triple H with a counter of his own and a Pedigree attempt. Jericho blocks it for a 2 count off a rollup. Triple H hits a big clothesline for another near fall. Triple H tries for another Pedigree but Jericho counters with a DDT for 2.
Show and HBK stand up from the announce table. Show shoves Shawn’s head into the ring apron. The ref is distracted as Show hits Triple H with the knockout punch. HBK comes in and nails Sweet Chin Music on Jericho, laying him out. Big Show and HBK are sent to the back by the referee. Both Triple H and Jericho are down as the ref starts to count. They both get up at 9. Jericho goes for a Codebreaker but Triple H counters. Pedigree attempt doesn’t work. Jericho goes for a Walls of Jericho but Triple H counters that. Triple H gets the win after a quick roll-up.
Winner: Chris Jericho
– After the match, DX gathers on the stage. HBK says next week is Jericho’s last night on RAW and if you’re not down with that… RAW goes off the air with DX on the stage and Jericho looking worried in the ring.