Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights from this entry:
– Jesse Ventura did an excellent job as guest general manager and Verne Troyer will have a helluva time following the Governor. Let’s hope Ol Verne stays away from any adult beverages prior to going on live as some of his TMZ moments have been classic along with other reality TV moments. Doing live TV makes things like this interesting as one truly works without a net. Plus, Verne is quite the lady’s man from what I read…not that’s a crime. Diva’s beware except of course the Bellas.
– Kofi Kingston’s star continues to rise. Upcoming stars, especially fan favorites, have to encounter adversities and be provided the opportunity to over come those challenges. Kofi did not win the Battle Royal Monday night but I thought he continued to be elevated. Kofi Kingston is the hottest young star in WWE as I write this.
– It would surprise me to see Rey Mysterio back any time soon meaning sometime in 2010 but that’s not “official” so don’t take it as such. Just my take on Rey’s banged up body that needs medical attention.
– Sheamus has found himself in a great spot to help begin building his long term foundation in WWE. I read where some pundits felt the incident between the young Irishman and John Cena was “flat.” I disagree. Obviously, the crowd sitting in their seats over three hours is challenging, has an influence but isn’t the real reason. However, let’s all remember that Sheamus hasn’t been on Raw in any significant role for, what, a month, 5 weeks? Sheamus has not even been in a long term personal issue with a main event, Raw wrestler yet…until now. Bottom line is that Sheamus’ persona is still evolving and the next two weeks and then TLC is highly important to Sheamus’ development. At worst, the WWE has made a new, fresh main event for a PPV and from where I sit that is a good thing.
– We’re getting lots of emails about a few radio interviews that Dwayne Johnson has done recently talking about doing something with WWE down the road beyond hosting a Monday Night Raw. I would bet a 6 Pak Challenge and throw in a case of BBQ Sauce that those remarks don’t mean that Dwayne is thinking about wrestling again. I do not see that occurring but his appearances could mean an unlimited number of other things that don’t include putting on the tights. Time will tell.