WWE RAW Report – 10/5/2009
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with the usual opening video. We go to the arena where the pyro explodes and Michael Cole welcomes us to Wilkes-Barre, PA. Cole announces the Wachovia Center as being sold out tonight. The familiar football theme plays as Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is introduced. Big Ben comes out to the stage with a mic and gets the crowd pumped. Ben gets them hyped and announces a Diva Bowl for tonight. Out comes Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Maria, Mickie James, Melina and The Bella Twins headed to the ring.
Gail Kim is the special referee for this match. Rosa and Mickie start the match off but the heel Divas come in behind Rosa and the other Divas come in behind Mickie. They all run in motion before tackling each other. Gail Kim is throwing yellow flags. Rosa comes in now and does some karate motions to Mickie before getting kicked down. Alicia is tagged in and Mickie works her into the corner. Mickie and Alicia go back and forth. Mickie with a neckbreaker and a 2 count. Natalya breaks it up but Eve comes in and clears her out. Jillian comes in and clears Eve out. Kelly comes in and clears Jillian out. Layla enters and hits a neckbreaker on her. All the Divas take turns coming in until Beth double clotheslines The Bellas. Melina takes out Beth from the back. McCool takes out Melina from behind. Mickie comes up and DDT’s McCool. Mickie catches Alicia, the legal Diva in the match with a roll-up for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Team Mickie
– The Divas are in the ring celebrating when Voices starts playing. Out comes the new WWE Champion Randy Orton and he is introduced. Orton stalks to the ring as we take a commercial break.
Back from commercial and Orton is in the ring. He talks about becoming a 6 time WWE Champion after beating John Cena last night at Hell in a Cell. Orton calls Cena out to the ring to say whatever he has to say. Cena’s music hits, the crowd pops and out comes the former WWE Champion. The crowd’s pro-Cena tonight for sure.
Cena hits the ring and Orton tells him he will not be getting a rematch tonight for the WWE Title. Cena puts over Orton a bit and says he’s out here tonight to congratulate Orton on his win last night. Cena talks about how brutal the Cell match was and how into it the WWE fans were. Cena says he wants to give the fans the match of matches as a rematch – an Iron Man match. Cena says the match will be epic and it will end their rivalry.
Orton says he’s not stupid. If Cena does win, he gets no rematches – so why should he agree? Orton says they need to end this but do it on his terms. Orton says if Cena wins, he gets the WWE Title. If Orton wins, he retains but Cena must lose RAW. Orton says Cena can go to SmackDown or ECW but he wants Cena off his show. Orton says the match will be no DQ, no count outs. Cena accepts the match and they shake on it. Cena drops the mic and heads to the back as his music plays. We go to commercial.
Jack Swagger vs. Primo
Jack Swagger makes his way to the ring for the next match, stopping to do push-ups on the entrance way. Swagger takes the mic and says he looks and smells like a winner. He says he is a winner. He says he didn’t get pinned last night and going forward, he will not lose. Swagger promises that he will go undefeated for the rest of 2009. He says he’s the All American American and he approves this message. Out next is his opponent Primo.
The bell rings and they lock up. Swagger takes control first and tosses Primo across the ring. Primo tosses Swagger out of a head scissors but goes down in the corner. Swagger hits the Vader splash in the corner and poses. Swagger hits Primo in the neck over the apron now. Swagger takes it back in the ring and gets a 2 count after some more beating. Swagger with a bear hug move now.
Swagger rams Primo back in the corner. Primo catches Swagger out of the corner and rolls him up for a 2 count. Primo counters another move but Swagger tosses him back in to the corner. They trade kicks and right hands. Elbow and a kick to the face by Primo. Primo with a dropkick and a 2 count. Primo comes into the ring from the apron off the ropes. Swagger kicks him in the gut mid-air and he goes down. Swagger hits the gut wrench powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– Backstage we see Chris Jericho and Big Show talking before taking another commercial break.
– Back from commercial and all the WWE Divas are backstage arguing. Santino Marella appears in referee gear. He talks like his voice is echoing over a PA system and he’s a NFL referee. He wants Mickie James and Alicia Fox to kiss and make-up, right infront of him. Someone, I think it’s Alicia, smacks Santino and all the Divas start brawling again. We go to Lawler and Cole who plug Bragging Rights.
– Backstage, Ben Roethlisberger is talking to someone when The Miz walks in. He talks about Jack Swagger’s promo and says he isn’t a loser. The Miz says he’s awesome and that’s a way of life. He asks Ben if he knows what it’s like to be awesome. Miz tells Ben he wants a shot at Kofi Kingston and the US Title tonight. Miz picks on Roethlisberger some. Ben tells him to settle down. Ben makes the match but says if Miz loses, he must get in the middle of the ring and announce to everyone: “I’m The Miz and I’m awful.” Miz walks off and we go to commercial.
We see a replay of last week where Chavo decked Masters. They come out together and pose in the ring. Out next is the team of MVP and Mark Henry. They also pose together on the ramp. Henry and Masters go at it to start the match. Henry works him over but goes down on his knee. MVP is tagged in and he goes to work on Masters. MVP decks Chavo off the apron but turns around to a big shot from Masters.
Chavo comes in and goes to work on MVP. He takes a shot at Henry. Elbow drop by Chavo and a pin attempt on MVP. MVP takes Chavo down with a clothesline and hits his Ballin’ elbow drop. He goes for a pin but Masters comes in. Masters tries to drop an elbow but MVP moves and he hits Chavo. Henry comes in and takes out Masters to let MVP get the pinfall on Chavo for the win.
Winners: Mark Henry and MVP
– After the match, Chavo and Masters regroup. They start arguing about losing the match. Masters kicks Chavo and locks on his Master Lock. Hornswoggle comes running from behind and stops Masters. Masters is distracted and turns around to a shot from Chavo. Hornswoggle and Chavo look at each other before Hornswoggle does about 20 DX crotch chops and runs up the ramp.
– Backstage we see Ben Roethlisberger heading to the ring as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Ben Roethlisberger makes his way out to the ring. Big Ben gets the crowd hype and starts talking when Big Show and Chris Jericho’s theme music interrupts him. Out come the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions to the ring. Show takes the mic and says he’s trying to figure out why people call him Big Ben. Show says he just doesn’t get it. He talks about the Steelers offensive line and says can they really be bigger than him? Roethlisberger tells his offensive line to come on out. The offensive line comes out to the ramp, Big Ben introduces them and they march to the ring. And they are big, about seven of them. Show comes face to face with one player. Jericho takes the mic and starts ripping them and reminds them it’s a WWE ring, not a football field. Jericho says they don’t wear helmets or pads, or take time off for turf toe. Jericho tells them to get in a huddle or something and get a strategy, because he and Show are the most dominant team in sports, not the Steelers.
The Steelers huddle up and drop to a 3 point stance. Roethlisberger calls for a quarterback sneak and tells Show they’re coming right for him. Jericho and Show bail out of the ring and hit the floor. DX’s music plays and out they come to a huge pop from the fans and the Steelers.
The Steelers throw up DX signs. Jericho says he should have expected his potential SportsCenter moment to be ruined by two guys who just want to shill their merchandise. Jericho and Show are talking from the ramp and the crowd tells them they suck. Triple H says they came out to tell Jericho how good his hair looks. Jericho asks, really? Hell no says Triple H. HBK says he spent an eternity last night getting his butt handed to him at Hell in a Cell and now he has to listen to Jericho’s mouth tonight. HBK reminds Jericho that they haven’t faced DX yet. Show asks if that’s some kind of a challenge. HBK says he has staples in his head, his knees and back hurt and he guesses yea, that’s a challenge. Show tells Shawn to go home, take care of his wounds and come back another day because DX doesn’t want any part of JeriShow.
Jericho says DX isn’t worthy to face he and Big Show. They start walking off. Big Ben says hold up and makes a match tonight – Big Show and Jericho vs. his boys, DX. Big Ben says if they’re not down with that, they have two words… the crowd does the rest. The Steelers celebrate in the ring with DX. They all do crotch chops as the pyro goes off. The Steelers are making out hard here. We go to commercial after they all pose together again with crotch chops.
WWE United States Title Match: Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz
Back from the break and the WWE United States Champion Kofi Kingston makes his way out to the ring. Out next is the challenger, The Miz. The bell rings and they lock up, going to the mat still tied up. They break it up on the ropes and shove each other. Kofi tosses Miz through the ropes and out to the floor. Trash talking back in the ring now. Miz head butts Kofi and tries a pin.
Kofi with some more offense and Miz goes to the floor to regroup. Miz comes in and Kofi rolls him up for a 2 count. Miz dodges a move and clotheslines Kofi down for a 2 count. Miz works Kofi over in the corner until the ref breaks it up. Miz runs into the turnbuckle post and Kofi gets on his shoulders with right hands. Kofi beats Miz down in the corner with kicks until the referee breaks that up. Kofi tries to climb to the top but Miz knocks him off the ropes and he falls down to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz is in control. Kofi tries to fight out of a hold but can’t. Miz continues the offense. Kofi nails Trouble in Paradise out of nowhere but Miz flies out to the floor. Kofi goes to the floor and brings Miz back in the ring. 2 count by Miz. Miz rolls Kofi up for a close 2 count. Kofi with a big clothesline. Kofi goes for his Boom drop but Miz rolls. Kofi kicks him and hits the drop but only gets a 2 count as Miz’s hand is on the ropes. Miz goes to the floor again. Kofi reaches over after him but Miz drops Kofi’s neck over the ropes. Kofi with a backslide pin for 2. They trade shots in the middle of the ring now. Kofi with two forearms and a dropkick. Kofi climbs to the top and hits a cross body. Miz rolls over out of the move and pins Kofi for 2. Kofi hits the SOS but Miz kicks out after another 2 count. Kofi leaps but loses his balance on the top and falls in the corner. Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale for the pinfall, the win and the US Title.
Winner and New United States Champion: The Miz
– After the match, Miz takes the mic and declares himself the new United States Champion. The Miz tells everyone he’s awesome before heading to the back with his belt.
– Back from the commercial and Hornswoggle is in the back with Big Ben rambling about something we can’t understand. Referee Santino walks in and Ben tries to tell him how to say Roethlisberger. Hornswoggle smacks Santino and he has no problem saying Ben’s last name. Hornswoggle and Roethlisberger share some laughs as we see the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions making their way to the ring.
Big Show and Chris Jericho vs. DX
The WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Big Show and Chris Jericho come out first for this non-title match. Out next is DX to a big pop from the crowd.
Triple H and Jericho start the match off with some back and forth. Jericho takes HHH down with a shoulder but stalls. Triple H drops him, works on the arm and tags in HBK. HBK comes in working on Jericho but gets caught by right hands and a scoop slam. Big Show is tagged in and has a stare off with Triple H as he gets ready to come in. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Big Show has Triple H in a bear hug type move. During the break, Big Show dropped HHH with a big backbreaker. Show continues working on HHH’s back. Triple H tries to fight out but can’t. He finally breaks the hold and staggers Big Show. Show hits a big splash in the corner and HHH drops to the mat. 2 count by Show.
Jericho is tagged back in and he goes to work on Triple H with right hands. They go back and forth until Jericho hits a dropkick off the top for a 2 count. Jericho finally goes down and in comes HBK. He unloads on Jericho with offense but goes down after getting thrown hard into the corner. Jericho starts working on HBK’s back and tags in Big Show.
Big Show drops a big leg drop on HBK. Show lifts Shawn over his head in a version of a torture rack then slams him down to the mat. Show keeps control of HBK, working him over. Show with big body shots to the back. Jericho comes back in and goes to work on Shawn. HBK makes a comeback and rolls Jericho up for a 2 count. Jericho locks the Walls of Jericho.
Triple H finally comes in and breaks the hold. Show is tagged in. He charges HBK in the corner but keeps getting kicked. HBK tries for a tag but Show holds him. Enziguri kick by HBK. He finally tags in Tripe H as Jericho comes in. High knee by Triple H and rights in the corner. Big Show ends up coming in. DX tries to double suplex Show but he suplexes them both at the same time. Show charges Triple H but gets dumped out to the floor. Jericho rolls Triple H up for a 2 count. Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho but Triple H counters it. He goes for a Pedigree but Show pulls him from outside the ring. HBK flies over the top and lands in Show’s arms. DX push Show head first into the post and over into the crowd.
DX get back in the ring with Jericho. He realizes he’s outnumbered and heads for the ramp. The music hits and out comes Big Ben and the Steelers dressed in DX gear. They stop Jericho from leaving. Jericho turns around and DX is behind him on the ramp. They bring him back in the ring and Shawn hits the Sweet Chin Music. Triple H covers Jericho for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, Big Ben and the Steelers head down to the ring to celebrate with DX. DX and the Steelers get the crowd hype before some more pyro and crotch chops. RAW goes off the air with DX posing with Big Ben and the Steelers offensive line.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News