Jim Ross has a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
– Tonight will be Lilian Garcia’s last night as the ring announcer on Monday Night Raw. Lil, a South Carolina native, has been a mainstay on Monday night’s since 1999 and will be missed. Lilian told me that she was going to be forming a band and I can see her staying busy with, potentially, a multitude of music oriented projects plus she’s getting married next month, as I understand it. Lilian has traveled thousands of miles for WWE and was a fixture on the “Tribute to the Troops” broadcasts over the years. I wish her the very best and she has been preparing for this exit from Monday night for quite some time. (At least she knew when she was leaving the WWE’s Flagship broadcast.) I wonder if Lil will ever contemplate writing a book? That would likely be an interesting read from a female’s perspective of life on the road in the wacky world of wrestling.
– We received another email that bit the dust saying that my topical remarks on Friday Night Smackdown about Kanye West were “racist” in nature. Good grief, stop the pain, will ya? Kanye West made an ass out of himself on national TV recently and many people have been talking about the talented artist’s undesirable behavior. According to this individual, the comment became “racist” because I mentioned it during Cryme Tyme’s match. I also mentioned Cedric the Entertainer so I guess I really stepped over the line in the Cryme Tyme match didn’t I?
– I even saw on the ‘net that it was alleged that WWE had offered Kanye “$10M” to step in the ring and wrestle which is so outlandish and ridiculous that it’s insane. I can see why some wrestling websites do all they can to distance themselves from other sites as I read recently where I was in another state having a clandestine meeting with a company which was totally untrue. There was no meeting nor was I in the city that I was, according to a wrestling website, seen by eye witnesses.
– To the best of my knowledge, the WWE hasn’t pulled the plug on the Jeff Hardy DVD as of yet. With so much legal maneuvering still ahead I can see this project become slowed until more info is available or postponed. However, as has been said many times in this and many other businesses, controversy creates cash. As I understand it, and this is certainly subject to change, the Jeff Hardy DVD will be released prior to the holidays around the first of December.
– The Reverend Al Sharpton is guest hosting Monday Night Raw next week for the show that emanates from Albany, New York. Reverend Al is a charismatic individual who definitely elicits a response out of a wide spectrum of individuals. It will be interesting to see how Reverend Al defends himself when the main stream media comes after him asking Sharpton why he’s appearing on Monday Night Raw. Hey, I think it’s a fun idea as Sharpton has a quick wit and can be awfully entertaining at times and I will definitely watch Raw to see how things go but you can bet your last rib that Reverend Al will be raked over the coals by some near sighted good on one of the seemingly endless news programs because of next Monday’s Guest Hosting role.