– The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Spike TV’s recent special, “UFC Ultimate 100: Greatest Fights”, which ran the week leading up to UFC 100 averaged 1.3 million viewers for a 1.0 household rating. UFC drew well in all key demographics, scoring a series average rating of 1.3 for men 18-34, and a 1.4 for men 25-34.
The list of fights covered the 16-year history of the company, but notable bouts including Tito Ortiz and Frank Shamrock, who are not on good terms with the company, were not among the bouts to be voted on. The UFC 22 bout between Shamrock and Ortiz is considered one of the biggest bouts in UFC history as well as MMA history. UFC president Dana White dodged questions about the series during the post UFC 100 press conference.
– The UFC officially announced the following bouts for UFC 103, which takes place Sept. 19th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas:
* Martin Kampmann vs. Mike Swick
* Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
* Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
* Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin
– The following bouts have been reported for the event, but are considered rumored for now:
* Rich Franklin vs. TBA
* Junior Dos Santos vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
* Sean Sherk vs. Gleison Tibau
* Tomasz Drwal vs. Drew McFedries
* Rafael dos Anjos vs. Matt Wiman