– At UFC 100, Joe Rogan said that UFC Vice President of Fighter Relations Joe Silva claimed that the Sept. 19th fight featuring Martin Kampmann vs. Mike Swick could be a No. 1 contender’s bout. It has been confirmed that with sources close to the fight.
The date of the title shot is not known at this time, due to the groin injury suffered by Georges St-Pierre at UFC 100. Georges St-Pierre is medically suspended until January by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, but can be cleared by a doctor before then. St-Pierre stated at the post UFC 100 press conference that he may take some time off to recover from the injury and a busy schedule. With St-Pierre taking the time off, the UFC can use the time to market the new contender to St-Pierre.
– Bout agreements have been distributed and likely signed for a Jorge Rivera vs. Rob Kimmons bout at UFC 104. Rivera, who was pondering retirement, recently signed a new deal with the UFC. He hasn’t fought since August, where had a split-decision win over prospect Nissen Osterneck at UFC Fight Night 18.
Here is the updated card for UFC 104, which takes place on October 24th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles:
* UFC Light Heavyweight Title Bout: Lyoto Machida © vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
* Shane Carwin vs. Cain Velasquez
* Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
* Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer
* Patrick Barry vs. Antoni Hardonk
* Razak Al-Hassan vs. Kyle Kingsbury
* Jorge Rivera vs. Rob Kimmons