– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Michael Cole welcoming us to RAW. Cole and Lawler plug tonight’s main event, Triple H vs. John Cena.
– Lilian Garcia is in the ring and she introduces tonight’s special host, The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. DiBiase’s music hits and he comes walking out on the stage with the Million Dollar Belt. DiBiase stops and out walks Ted Jr. and Cody Rhodes. They walk with him to the ring.
The crowd pops as DiBiase stands in the ring. He says everybody’s got a price and they pop some more. He said he had his people make a phone call, he wrote a check and here he is at the RAW host for tonight. Ted introduces Rhodes and DiBiase Jr. and puts them over. DiBiase says there will be no title matches on RAW until Night of Champions but announces Edge and Chris Jericho vs. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase for the WWE Unified Tag Team Titles for the pay-per-view. Ted asks Cody how he felt when Mark Henry pinned Randy Orton. DiBiase announces Cody Rhodes vs. Mark Henry for later tonight. Ted Jr. asks his dad what he’s doing? Ted Sr. says he’s making an impact. Ted Sr. brings up Ted Jr. telling Randy Orton off at The Bash and says he saw a look in his eye that night acknowledging that Randy Orton is just holding him down. Ted tells his son Randy Orton is just using him and announces Ted Jr. vs. Randy Orton on tonight’s show. Ted Jr. doesn’t like this and says he doesn’t want to face Orton. Ted Sr. tells him he will not only face him tonight, he will beat him. DiBiase’s music hits as Cody and Ted talk in the ring. The Million Dollar Man heads to the ramp when Edge’s music hits. Out comes the Unified Tag Team Champions Edge and Chris Jericho.
Edge and Jericho enter the ring and talk smack with Rhodes and DiBiase as we go to commercial break.
Edge and Chris Jericho vs. Carlito and Primo Colon
Back from the break and the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions are still in the ring. Lilian does the announcing for this non-title match as Primo and Carlito make their way to the ring.
The match starts with Carlito and Edge locking up. Back and forth action until Carlito attacks off the ropes and gets a 2 count. Carlito works Edge over in the corner now. Carlito runs into a big boot by Edge and Edge gets a 2 count. Jericho comes in and knocks Carlito down and taunts Primo. Jericho with a backdrop and stomp on Carlito. Edge comes back in and they do some double teaming. Edge works over Carlito some more and drops an elbow for a 2 count. Edge works him over in the corner and distracts the ref so Jericho can do the same.
Jericho takes Carlito to the mat with a submission. Carlito fights to his feet and hits the springboard elbow to take Jericho down. Edge is tagged in when Primo is. Primo unloads on Edge with a bunch of high flying moves and kicks Jericho to the floor. He takes Edge out of the corner with a head scissors and hits a cross body for a close 2 count. Primo goes to springboard and Edge pulls him down on the ropes. Primo gets tied up in the ropes. Carlito tries to free him. Edge runs and knocks Carlito to the floor into the fan barrier. Carlito comes in the ring to argue. Edge pushes Primo into Jericho for a Codebreaker and he turns around to a spear from Edge. Edge gets the pinfall on Primo for the win.
Winners: Edge and Chris Jericho
– After the match, we go to replays as Edge and Jericho make their exit. Carlito takes Primo by the neck and throws him into the ring post. Carlito throws him to the floor on the outside and unloads on his brother. Carlito throws Primo over the announcer’s table and walks off. WWE officials tend to Primo.
– We go backstage where Cody and Ted are talking. Randy Orton walks up and says he tried talking to his dad but he won’t change the match. Orton says Ted losing to him on TV won’t do anything good for him. Ted questions him losing to Orton. Orton brings up his own father and Ted says his father was better than Randy’s. Ted tells Orton he will wrestle him and beat him tonight before walking off. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole and Lawler go over the roster changes after last week’s 15 Superstar trade.
Alicia Fox and Maryse vs. Mickie James and Gail Kim
We go to the ring where Alicia Fox is headed down with the WWE Divas Champion Maryse. Out next is the team of Mickie James and Gail Kim who get a nice pop.
The match starts off with Maryse and Mickie going at it. They go into the ropes and separate. They lock up again and Maryse slams Mickie by her hair. Alicia Fox comes in but Mickie rolls her up for 2. Mickie with forearm shots on Fox now. Mickie with a reverse neckbreaker and a forearm to Maryse on the apron. Mickie kicks Alicia in the jaw and gets a 2 count.
Gail comes in and goes at it with Alicia. Gail hits some rare Diva moves including a spear like move in the corner. Gail comes off the top for a 2 count on Alicia. Alicia gets up and chokes Gail with the ropes. The ref’s back is turned and Maryse drops Gail with a kick to the head. Alicia covers for a 2 count. Maryse comes back in and works over Gail, slamming her over the knee. 2 count by Maryse. Gail moves and Maryse runs into the turnbuckle. Gail tries to tag Mickie but Maryse knocks her off the apron. Gail drops Maryse out of nowhere with another nice move and gets the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Mickie James and Gail Kim
– Ted DiBiase Sr. is backstage when Cody Rhodes walks in. Cody stammers around what he’s trying to say. Ted pulls some money out of Cody’s hand that he was holding. Cody’s basically trying to get out of the Mark Henry match tonight. Ted talks to him about what Legacy is and talks about Cody being the son of Dusty. Ted says he despises Dusty. He asks what would The Million Dollar Man want to do with Dusty? Ted calls him fat and asks why Dusty is in the Hall of Fame and he isn’t, calling it a travesty. Ted tells Cody to get out of here or he will put him in polka dots like his dad and laughs as Cody hurries off. We go back to commercial.
Cody Rhodes vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and Cody Rhodes makes his way to the ring. Cody looks upset. Mark Henry’s music hits next and the crowd pops as he makes his way to the ring without Tony Atlas. The bell rings and they lock up. Henry takes Cody to his knees with one shot and starts beating on him.
Cody ends up on the top rope and comes off with a cross body. Henry catches him in mid-air and drops him with the World’s Strongest Slam. Cody rolls out to the floor as the referee begins his count. Cody heads up the ramp as the ref keeps counting until he hits 10. Henry isn’t happy with picking up a win like this it looks like.
Winner by Countout: Mark Henry
– Backstage we see John Cena warming up for his match tonight with Triple H. We go to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase Jr.
Back from the break and the WWE Champion Randy Orton makes his way to the ring for this non-title match up. Out next is his fellow Legacy member and opponent for tonight, Ted DiBiase.
They lock up and go at it. Orton backs Ted in the ropes and mocks him. Ted drops Orton with a shot and a dropkick. DiBiase hip tosses Orton and sends him out to the floor. DiBiase lets Orton have it from inside the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton has DiBiase in a headlock on the mat. During the break, Orton threw DiBiase into the steel steps on the outside. Orton starts stomping all over DiBiase now. DiBiase rolls Orton up real quick and gets a 2 count. Another small package by Ted for a 2 count. Orton gets up and levels DiBiase. Ted is on the apron and Orton kicks him hard. Orton pulls Ted in through the ropes and hits his trademark DDT off the ropes.
Orton only gets a 2 count and he’s pissed. Orton starts kicking and punching on Ted some more. Orton comes off the ropes and drops a big knee drop and covers Ted for another 2 count. Orton with another headlock now. Ted gets to his feet and fights out with a back drop. Orton rushes in the corner but runs into an elbow. DiBiase with an elbow off the middle rope and a 2 count on Orton. DiBiase with right hands now. Orton counters and drops Ted with his backbreaker move. Orton drops to the mat and waits on Ted to get up. Orton goes for the RKO but Ted counters with a backslide for a 2 count. Ted catches Orton off the ropes with a power slam for a 2 count. Ted locks on the Dream Street but Orton slides out and nails the RKO for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– Triple H is walking backstage when Josh Matthews stops him. Triple H talks about him and Cena being epic and brings up Orton and the WWE Title. Triple H says he will go through whoever he has to get what he wants and that includes John Cena. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage of MVP and Sherri Shephard at the BET Awards last Sunday. Different celebrities talk about the two being together. MVP has a few words for Big Show. We cut to the arena where MVP has the VIP Lounge going on. MVP welcomes everyone and talks about the Million Dollar Man being in charge tonight and the 15 Superstar trade Donald Trump made. MVP introduces his guest for tonight, Jack Swagger and out he comes.
Swagger enters the ring and MVP offers him a seat but he doesn’t want to so they stand. He asks Swagger how it was to make his debut as a RAW star as a fraud by getting counted out against Randy Orton. MVP asks what kind of All-American athlete does that. Swagger says he’s a two time All-American and went to the University of Oklahoma. Swagger talks about MVP spending time in prison and says he has never had a parking ticket. He says the only thing he’s been MVP of is a prison basketball league. MVP says he doesn’t hide his past and talks about it openly. He talks about getting sent to prison when he was younger for making bad decisions. He says he uses his status as a WWE Superstar to talk to kids these days to help them. MVP puts Swagger down. MVP takes off his shirt and watch and the crowd gets excited. MVP says unlike Swagger, he has never been afraid of a fight and they come face to face. The crowd is chanting for MVP. Swagger says he doesn’t fight people below him and he doesn’t fight criminals. The crowd boo’s as Swagger makes his exit from the ring. MVP says it’s obvious to all of us that since he’s been on RAW, he doesn’t fight at all. MVP says if Swagger does want to fight him, he can find him right here in the VIP Lounge. They do the Ballin’ thing as Swagger heads to the back.
– Ted DiBiase Sr. is backstage congratulating his son on a good match. Ted Jr. says he put him in an impossible situation and wanted him to lose. He says it’s still all about the Million Dollar Man and that he came here to steal Ted Jr.’s spotlight. Ted Sr. says it’s not like that and Ted Jr. says yea, it is. Ted slaps his father hard and asks what is it like then? Ted Jr. walks off.
Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne
Back from the break and we get replays from last week with Kofi Kingston and Big Show. Out first is the United States Champion.for this non-title match. Out next is his opponent Evan Bourne.
The match starts and they lock up. They go back and forth and Bourne rolls him up for a 2 count. More near falls. Bourne misses a kick and Kofi locks on a half Boston crab. More back and forth action on the mat with Kofi in control. Kofi takes Bourne back down with a headlock and holds it. Kofi ends up coming off the top with a crossbody for a 2 count. Kofi with a dropkick and a knee in the corner.
Kofi throws Bourne in the corner and charges. Bourne puts his knees up and Kofi goes down. Bourne goes to the top and nails the Shooting Star Press for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Evan Bourne
– After the match, Bourne and Kofi are giving each other props when Big Show’s music hits. He comes out to the ring and kicks Kofi down then hits him with a headbutt. Bourne tries to stop Show but he just gets knocked back. Bourne with a dropkick to the back. Show grabs Bourne and just tosses him across the ring. Kofi tries to fight back now and show just doesn’t let him. Bourne comes in the ring and Show charges him with a nasty spear like move. Show goes back to working over Kofi. Show locks on his camel clutch move and Kofi passes out. Show’s music plays again and he exits as Kofi and Bourne start to come to.
– Back from the break and John Cena is backstage with Josh Matthews. Cena says RAW has transformed into WrestleMania tonight as two of the greatest will battle for a shot at the WWE Title.
Night of Champions Tournament Final: Triple H vs. John Cena
We go to the arena where Lilian Garcia is doing introductions. The winner of this match faces Randy Orton for the WWE Title at Night of Champions. Out first is Triple H. Before John Cena can make his entrance, we go to commercial.
Back from the break and John Cena is making his entrance. They’re pushing this as one of the best main events in RAW history. The bell rings and Cena and Triple H come face to face in the ring. They lock up and go to the mat before standing back up. The crowd is chanting for both of them. They come face to face again and talk some trash. They lock up again and Cena takes Triple H down again. Triple H to his feet with right hands and he staggers Cena. Cena fights back with rights of his own. Cena with a big shoulder off the ropes but Triple H responds with the high knee.
Cena ends up dumping Triple H over the top to the floor. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjuster on the outside but Triple H counters and pushes him into the barrier. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Triple H is in control of John Cena. Triple H comes off the ropes and Cena hip tosses him. Cena with a kick to the gut and a suplex for a 2 count. Triple H with a backbreaker for a 2 count now. Triple H with a suplex of his own now. Triple H with a forearm to the back drops Cena. Triple H with right hands and a big knee drop for another 2 count. They go back and forth until Cena hits the shoulderblocks off the ropes and the back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Adjustment but Triple H slides out and hits him with right hands. Triple H with a knee to the skull and a clothesline. Triple H runs into a big boot in the corner but hits the spinebuster on Cena.
Triple H goes for the Pedigree but Cena counters with a back drop. Cena comes off the ropes but Triple H locks a sleeper hold on. Triple H wears Cena down to the mat. Cena fights out of it and locks a sleeper of his own on Triple H. Triple H starts to go out of it and hits the mat with the hold still on. Tripe H fights out of it with a backdrop and both are down.
They get to their feet and trade big right hands. They end up both going down. Cena goes to the top and tries the big leg drop but Triple H moves out of the way. Cena with a jacknife cover for a 2 count. Cena goes for the Adjustment but Triple H counters with a roll up for a 2 count. Cena locks the STF on but Triple H gets to the ropes. More back and forth. They get to their feet and start trading shots until Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase rush the ring. They attack real quick and flee the ring. The ref calls for the bell and Lilian goes to make the announcement when Randy Orton, on the stage, stops her. He says it’s a double DQ which means he won’t be facing either of them… the music hits and out comes Ted DiBiase Sr.
The Million Dollar Man says neither of them lost and his opinion counts more than Orton’s tonight. Ted Sr. announces that it will be John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton in a Triple Threat for the WWE Title at Night of Champions. Ted Sr. walks off as Orton, Triple H and Cena stare each other down. RAW goes off the air.