Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– Yesterday marked the seven year anniversary of TNA Wrestling.
– The Amazing Red recently signed a contract with TNA.
– At last word, which was two weeks ago, the advance on TNA Slammiversary at the 24,276 seat Palace of Auburn Hills was that they had topped 2,000 tickets sold. Company officials are hoping the $7 tickets will help draw a good walk-up.
– As seen on iMPACT last week, Shane Douglas had a bit of a “farmer’s tan” so to speak as his forearms were tan and his upper arms were pasty white while working in a T-shirt. He was dealing with some personal issues that forced him to rush back home following the Monday, May 25th tapings, where he shot his return angle. He then had to fly back from Pittsburgh to Orlando for his match with AJ Styles the very next day, and was to arrive at 3:00 p.m., which would have given him time for a spray-on tan. Due to weather problems, he didn’t arrive in Orlando until nearly 8:00 p.m., and actually got to the iMPACT Zone less than ten minutes before he had to go in the ring for his singles match with Styles (that aired last week).
– Elijah Burke, apparently commenting on recent dark match with TNA, wrote the following on his Twitter account: “Pope feels renewed, and fresh! No longer a line for me to cross. Just a cross for me to bear. It’s my Destiny!”