Jim Ross is back with another post-Extreme Rules blog with his thoughts on last night’s pay-per-view. Here are some of the highlights:
– Seemed like, biased opinion, Smackdown had the 2 best bouts of the nite. The IC Title match and the Ladder match. Duh.
– Lots of sore, bruised men after the show. Trainers & Doctors seemed to be busy. My hats off to those that worked their asses off.
– I’m happy for Tommy Dreamer. Hard work & passion for his craft should pay off. Congrats Tommy!
– Submission bouts w/ a giant are big hills to climb. Cena-Show was about what I expected and I thought, for what it was, that each guy did great.
– I liked the length of the cage match & was happy that there was no outside interference. Another match that takes a physical toll on the participants. Better them than me.
– Edge vs Jeff was the match of the night. The bar has been raised so high on these types of bouts that I don’t know what some hardcore fans expect but on a personal level, I loved this one. The risks these guys took were amazing and uncomfortable to witness so up close. The Punk cashing in on the Money in the Bank contract completely surprised me. Some will like it, some might not but it certainly had fans I spoke with talking. Where all this goes has my interest. I’m happy it will be on Friday nights.
– Apparently SD will have the main event slot on Superstars this week, again, as we record it after Raw Monday night as it now stands.