– Vince McMahon appeared on ESPN’s Sportscenter earlier tonight to talk about the situation with RAW and the Pepsi Center. It sounds like Stan Kroenke will be the butt of some jokes and a parody or something on Monday’s RAW. Highlights from Vince’s appearance:
* When told that Kroenke Sports told ESPN that they were working “amicably” with WWE to come to a resolution, Vince asked what that meant. He said that they were the “worst business people in the world”. He said that they wouldn’t discuss a deal with WWE unless they would issue a joint press release where Vince would “basically be kissing Kroenke’s behind.”
* Vince announced WWE would hold a press conference tomorrow at 1 PM in New York City at the Hard Rock Cafe to detail the issues with Kroenke Sports and show the requests that were made to WWE. McMahon said it was the most ridiculous proposal “maybe in sports-entertainment history.”
* Vince said he “envisioned” that this Monday’s RAW in Los Angeles will feature “WWE’s form of the Lakers vs. WWE’s form of the Nuggets”. He said it would be 5 on 5 and “Mr. McMahon would be there to compete or at least confront Mr. Stan Kronenke” and said they would have “a lot of fun” Monday.
* When asked why WWE didn’t just enforce their contract, Vince said they tried to enforce it, but Kroenke’s organization “just basically told us, ‘Absolutely not, we’re going to have a basketball game’ and they just threw us out on our ear.” McMahon said that you wouldn’t believe the way WWE was treated.
* When asked what would settle the situation, Vince said he didn’t know as they had to move RAW and pointed out that RAW was now competing with ESPN for ratings on Monday. The anchor wished Vince “good luck” and Vince just responded, “No.”