– Christopher Daniels is now going under the official ring name “Daniels.” He is no longer going under the nickname “Fallen Angel” either.
– Daniels worked two steel cage matches last night — the opener as X-Division Champion Suicide and later under his new ring name Daniels in the Lethal Lockdown match. Kaz was expected to return as Suicide at last night’s show, but that didn’t happen, so Daniels ended up working both matches. The promo backstage that aired with Daniels and Styles after the X Division match was taped.
– ESPN has published an article by Sherdog.com writer Jake Rossen in which he slams Bobby Lashley for his decision to sign with TNA Wrestling while still being an active MMA fighter. After calling “professional wrestling” slang for “embarrassment to the human race,” Rossen said, “Lashley can obviously do as he pleases to earn a buck, but I don’t think his hybrid career will do the sport of MMA in the States any favors.” You can read the entire article at ESPN.com.
– Despite his loss last night, Sting’s TNA World Heavyweight Championship reign was the longest reigning run for any champion since TNA launched their own “World title” in May of 2007. This was also the longest singles title reign in his illustrious career.
– In case you don’t know, a number of cable providers are now carrying TNA pay-per-views in High-definition. The cost is the same as the standard feed. The HD shows launched in February with Against All Odds.