Jim Ross is back with another blog over at jrsbarbq.com. Here are some of the highlights:
– Got a text Sunday from Steve Austin who is going to be down in Brazil for a few more weeks doing that phase of the movie Steve is working on with Sylvester Stallone. Steve took the book “Oklahoma Shooter: The Dan Hodge Story” with him and enjoyed reading about arguably the greatest combat athlete in America’s history, Dan Hodge. Steve aptly described Danny in typical Austin fashion by telling me that Hodge was a “real badass.” Indeed he was. I hope that you will check out this book as you will be amazed with Hodge’s athletic feats on the world stage.
– MMA fighter Josh Barnett was at Wrestlemania with D.H. Smith and we had the occasion to have a nice visit. Josh is a really bright and talented young man. Well, except perhaps when he said he was “influenced” by my announcing style. Josh wants Fedor and is not intimidated by Fedor’s vaunted rep.
– Love the speculation on the ‘net regarding the WWE Draft Monday night. Everyone seemingly has an opinion which one would think would drive Raw’s TV rating up this week. I don’t’ know this to be a fact but my educated guess is that many of the draft decisions won’t be finalized until late in the day Monday.
– For the record, I have packed my bags for two nights on the road this week as I fully expect to be in Knoxville on Tuesday for ECW/Smackdown. If I go back to Raw, I would be shocked and if I were you I wouldn’t take that option in the office pool.
– Don’t be mislead by a previous blog. Some folks have amazing imaginations. I’m actually envious. For the record ALL WWE talent and announcers will be front and center Monday night in Atlanta for the Draft. I have no idea what we will all be doing but all existing broadcast teams will be on hand. Who knows where everyone will land by night’s end? I sure don’t but like the suspense and surprises. Remember that Raw starts one hour early and is a 3 hour tour….I mean broadcast. My “agent” is working on that hefty, free agent deal w/ FCW as we speak because that’s what us “hefty free agents” do.