– Here are some news and notes from tonight’s WrestleMania 25 pay-per-view:
* As noted before, Carlito and Primo Colon defeated The Miz and John Morrison to become the WWE Tag Team Champions in a Unification match. One of the Lumberjacks was actually ECW Champion Jack Swagger and he wasn’t even acknowledged as the Champ. Matt Striker and Todd Grisham did commentary for that match which will be featured on the WrestleMania 25 DVD.
* Besides the Colon winning gold tonight, Rey Mysterio captured the WWE Intercontinental Title from JBL and John Cena captured the World Heavyweight Title from Edge.
* CM Punk is the winner of the Money in the Bank match for the second year in a row.
* “Santina” Marella was crowned as the first ever Miss WrestleMania. Too bad they didn’t take that whole thing seriously.
* JBL apparently “quit” after losing to Rey Mysterio in 21 seconds tonight but for some reason I don’t think this is the last we will see of Layfield.
* The nation’s largest cable company, Comcast, had a problem with the HD version of tonight’s show. Comcast will end up giving refunds to many subscribers which will translate into less pay-per-view buys for WWE, which definitely isn’t good. There also are reports that some Comcast customers had problems with the Standard feed as well.
Comments are closed.