Big Update on WWE’s Superstars TV Show, Cena Speaks on The Rock

– During Thursday night’s appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, John Cena said he has a problem with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson because of the way he left pro wrestling. Johnson has stated that he loved the business but did not intend on returning when he became a movie star, and Cena said how that has affected wrestling fans when he is gone to film movies.

“He’s obviously got his start in the WWE, gone onto movies, but in the process, the whole time while he was in the WWE, he just preached to our fans — who are very loyal — how much he loved the business,” Cena said of Johnson. “He says he loves the business so much, but then just up and leaves. So here I am, I’ve done The Marine, I’m still working full-time for the WWE, I’ve got 12 Rounds coming out and everybody’s asking, ‘When are you leaving?'”

– WWE has begun promoting the upcoming “WWE Superstars” series, which is set to debut next month on WGN America.

The program will be based around first-run interpromotional bouts between members of all three WWE brands. The tag line for the series is “Expect Everything.”

The company’s biggest stars are featured in the series’ promotional campaign including John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Batista and Jeff Hardy. According to their promotional campaign, the series will feature “the biggest Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW.”

The official blurb on the series reads: “The biggest Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW debut on “WWE Superstars” – a one-hour exclusive weekly television show – featuring original matches between any WWE Superstar from any brand, at any time. “WWE Superstars,” the only place to see it all! Expect everything. WWE Superstars premieres Thursday, April 16.”

WWE has launched a section promoting the series, which you can see at WWE.com

As reported last month, company officials do actually plan on putting forth effort into the program instead of centering it around the likes of Charlie Haas, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan and Kung Fu Naki. They plan on having the regularly featured stars appear, as well as its own set of storylines. However, many believe this will only last as long as the program draws adequate ratings to make the extra creative effort worthwhile, and WGN isn’t even a top 50 cable station. If nothing else, the show will be around for the long haul as WWE signed a multi-year deal to air the program not to mention that the long-term future of MyNetworkTV remains in question.

BIG JOHN CENA STORYLINE SPOILERS, UPDATE ON HHH VS ORTON AND LOTS MORE…

Comments

comments

Tags:

  • Show Comments

  • rach

    i am a huge rock fan…but now i feel that rock no longer recognize his fans…the wwe fans…he dropped his “the rock” name….didn’t you read the article on how rock acted at the hall of fame ceremony last year…i think it was completely disrespectful to the part of the wwe and other wrestlers…even mick foley was pissed although he did not comment on the situation……

Comments are closed.