WWE is taping this week’s edition of SmackDown at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Mohegan Sun, Connecticut. Special thanks to Wrestling News World readers Bruce Clark, Marcus, Jeremy, and Tim McCandlish for sending text-message updates.
* Eric Escobar b. Kizarny
– Solid dark match with lots of good spots. Esobar gets the win via pinfall.
SmackDown: (Airing This Week)
* A contract signing between Big Show & Edge is announced for tonight. Triple H will also take on Umaga.
* Matt Hardy vs. MVP tonight with the winner getting a spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania.
* Jeff Hardy goes to Vickie’s office. He said he won’t fight Matt but he will qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
* Matt Hardy comes out to the ring and cuts a promo. He talks about how Jeff won’t fight him but says once they both qualify, he’ll finally get his hands on him. He’s drawing a lot of heel heat.
* MVP b. Matt Hardy to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania 25.
– MVP builds up a solid offense early on. Matt counters and attempts to connect with Twist of Fate. MVP reverses it to get the win via pinfall.
* The Big Show & Edge contract signing is up next.
* Vickie starts the segment in the ring. Edge comes out without the World Heavyweight Championship belt and asks Vickie about what is going on with her and Big Show. Big Show comes out… They sign the contract. Big Show then cuts a promo saying that Edge is not a good champion and Vickie agrees. John Cena comes out and interrupts. Cena cleans house hitting Big Show with a low blow and throwing Edge into the ring post then hitting him with a table. Cena whispers something in Vickie’s ear and leaves.
* Maryse b. Eve in a non-title match
– Michelle McCool joins Tazz & Jim Ross on commentary. Lots of boring chants started throughout the match. After the match, Melina comes out and is attacked by Michelle.
* Shelton Benjamin b. Jeff Hardy in a Money in the Bank ladder match qualifier
– Shelton gets the win after Matt Hardy comes out and hits him disqualifying Jeff.
* Triple H vs. Umaga
– Triple H starts out at a strong pace, but Umaga eventually gains control. Power shifts back and forth. According to several of our correspondents it appears as if Umaga tweaked his leg as the referee held up the “x” signal. Legacy comes out of the crowd and attacks Triple H. Randy Orton keeps teasing the punt. He stands over Triple H as this week’s SmackDown goes off the air.