Former World Heavyweight Champion John Cena was interviewed before last night’s No Way Out pay-per-view by Jim Moore of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. You can read the entire article at SeattlePI.NWSource.com. Some highlights:
– Ten years ago this summer, Cena was folding towels and cleaning toilets at Gold’s Gym in Venice Beach, California, while living out of his car.
– Sorry ladies – Cena is engaged and says, “I’m gonna get married this year.”
– Cena wants to be a role model and says it means a lot to him when parents say their kids look up to him. “I don’t know when it happened, but nowadays it seems like nobody cares,” Cena said. “Our main figures are collapsing around us. People don’t seem to know that other people are watching them.”
– What happened with Alex Rodriguez and the steroids revelations sickened him. He actually thinks if everyone really wants to get serious about cleaning up the game, “they should send the guys to jail.” As for steroids, Cena understands why his incredible physique may draw some steroid speculation. “I’m not only a guy who will say I’m clean, but I’ll beat my chest to the world that I’m clean,” he said. “I have very, very strong opinions on that.”
– With his movie career taking off, Cena seems to like the idea that he could be the next Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone action star. “That’s a giant void in cinema,” Cena said. “Everywhere I go, the question is always: ‘Who’s the next guy?’ I think I’m damn near the closest thing to come around the pike.” Wow, is he serious?