– WWE has two new DVD projects in the works. Jim Ross noted in a recent blog on his official website that he was consulted over a planned “Greatest Tag Teams” DVD project scheduled for release later this year. Regarding the other one, WWE has plans to release a DVD similar to the 2005 release, “Greatest Stars of the 1980s.” Only this one will devoted to the greatest wrestling stars of the 1990s. It will be interesting to see who gets profiled as it will chronicle stars from the Monday Night Wars, the Attitude era and the rise of the original ECW. The DVD is scheduled to be released this April.
– SmackDown backstage announcer Eve Torres worked her first singles matches in WWE at house shows over the weekend. The young upstart beat Natalya via roll-up at shows on Friday and Saturday.
– Sim Snuka is today’s “Superstar of the Day” on WWE.com. He’s still pictured in his former “Greaser” gimmick.
– Regarding the release of Tim White, his most recent role in WWE was handling all incoming money at house show events. White was released from the company on Friday after over twenty years of employment.
– In a sad note, Jimmy Korderas’ release on Friday coincided with the death of his father on the very same day. Korderas was removed from his position as referee a while ago due to health concerns. Korderas was training for some different positions behind the scenes before he was let go.