Jim Ross is back with another blog update over at jrsbarbq.com. As usual, here are the highlights:
– First of all let’s clear something up….I am not having a “war of words” with Lance Cade as a wrestling website reported in their more often than not knee jerk fashion. Understand this, I have NO issues with Lance and have expressed that time and again. He is a talented kid trained by one of my favorite people in the world, Shawn Michaels. Lance knows that if I can ever help him down the road that I will. He made a mistake. We have all made them. At my best calculation, he has been exiled from the WWE far less than me. Lance knows how to reach me if he has an issue and our relationship is healthy as far as I am concerned. When Lance was released, many websites gave false and sensationalist reports of why. I clarified the matter as best I knew it. Bottom line is that Lance Cade is a fine young man who has a great deal of talent. I have been steadfast in his corner since he came aboard the WWE, when everyone wasn’t by the way, and I will remain so. I hope that Cade returns to the WWE some day to realize his potential. For those that want to make this matter more than it is, go ahead but you are making yourself look bad and creating a story where there is none.
– I would say my chances of seeing one of my all time favorite hires, Trish Stratus, in TO is better than 50/50 but that doesn’t necessarily mean she will appear on TV. If she does, it likely will be on Raw and it would seem that if she is available that a cameo by the multiple time, former champion would be a good thing. However, understand that I have no idea what is in store for the TV shows on Monday and that me visiting with Trish is largely my wishful thinking. Is that so wrong??
– I got a great message from Bret “Hitman” Hart a few hours ago and he said he was getting better every day after having knee replacement surgery. I challenged Bret to a foot race while he is healing but he wants to “race me around the block” once he is better. At that point I think the foot race offer will be off the table. I would love to take a camera crew to Bret’s place in Hawaii and sit with Bret and do the ultimate DVD interview complete with his thoughts on many of his favorite matches that he participated in and that he observed. Playing word association with Bret on virtually dozens of wrestling’s biggest names would be fun.
– One of the Hitman’s favorite opponents, Stone Cold Steve Austin, celebrated a birthday this past week. Steve is in south Texas enjoying his ranch and family on the Broken Skull Ranch. He will soon have a ‘fridge full of JR’s BBQ Sauce, Ketchup, and Jalapeño Honey Mustard. I would suggest that 2009 will be a significant year for the Texas Rattlesnake in the film world.
– Ric Flair called me this week and he attended the premier of the film after being personally invited by Mickey Rourke who is a long time fan of “The Nature Boy.” Flair said that Rourke reminded him of “one of the boys” from back in the old territory days of wrestling and was really impressed with many of the stunts that the 52 year old Rourke did in the film. Ric attended a private after party , imagine that, with Rourke, many of the cast and crew plus Chris Rock, 50 Cent, Pam Anderson and other notables at the Four Seasons which concluded at 5 a.m. I have experienced more than my share of “concluded at 5 a.m.” nights with “The Naitch” which I, and my liver, somehow survived. Ric was in great spirits and has been staying really busy.