– Brian Pickering sent the following: Comcast on Demand has Royal Rumble matches from 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996,1997, 2000, 2008 available for viewing, priced at $1.99 apiece.
– Vinnie Jones, who was the lead villain in the Steve Austin film “The Condemned” was arrested over the weekend after a bar fight he allegedly started when he attempted to play pool and several of the others playing asked if he was “the guy from X-Men.” Jones played the Juggernaut in X-Men: Last Stand.
– The main event of the Great Lakes Championship Wrestling “Blizzard Brawl” event over the weekend featuring Al Snow and Jerry Lawler with Jerry Lawler & local NBC Sports Anchor Lance Allan vs. Al Snow & FOX Sports Radio’s Sparky, has popped up online.
– Jeff Sheridan reports the following: The January 2009 theme for WWE Classics on Demand will be “Ring Royalty” with both regal characters and the annual Royal Rumble event being covered. The WWE Hall of Fame profile will be Jerry Lawler. The Video on Demand channel will feature the 1995 (Rumble plus Diesel vs. Bret Hart) and 1998 (Rumble with Vince McMahon and Steve Austin plus Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels featuring the back injury that sidelined Michaels for years) Royal Rumble PPVs, the 1997 King of the Ring PPV (Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels, plus Triple H’s tournament win), Raw and Nitro episodes, a January 1990 Saturday Night’s Main event featuring Hacksaw Duggan vs. Randy Savage for the crown, plus segments featuring Lord Alfred Hayes, Harley Race, Lord Steven Regal, Prince Iaukea, and the 1989 run of “Macho King” Randy Savage and “Queen” Sherri hosted by Kofi Kingston.
– In an update from the earlier post, WWE Intercontinental Champion William Regal has arrived in Philadelphia, PA and is backstage for tonight’s RAW and Slammy Awards. The belief among wrestlers that we posted this morning saying Regal was expected to miss tonight’s RAW came after Regal wasn’t on a scheduled flight last night with other WWE talents coming in from Georgia as originally planned.