– The belief among some people at the Highspots show in Charlotte this past weekend with Reid Flair’s debut and Hulk Hogan as special referee was that Hogan came into town for a night out and to be “one of the boys” but some felt that he was there to pitch a new project to Ric Flair. Hogan flew himself into Charlotte and hung out with everyone in the same locker room. It’s said Hogan worked the show for free.
– The show drew over 1,000 fans and there were fans turned away. Several comps were given out to people in the Charlotte area by Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat’s mother. The event here in Greensboro the night before only drew 200 fans, with Flair getting the key to the city. Dave Meltzer reports that advance ticket sales for the Charlotte show going into the night were only 170 tickets.
– In Charlotte, David Crockett was invited to be the guest ring announcer for the Midnight Express vs. Rock n Roll Express match but declined and left the event about halfway through.
– It’s said that Reid Flair did OK for someone in his first match.
– The after party for the show lasted until 5AM. Highspots filmed a load of footage for the show backstage and footage from the limousine ride and party afterwards.