WWE RAW Results – December 1, 2008
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with a video showing John Cena winning the World Heavyweight Title at Survivor Series and how Chris Jericho became the #1 contender the following night on RAW. We see Cena beating up Jericho at the end of the show.
– We cut to the arena where Jericho and security are in the concessions area of the arena. Jericho talks to Cena and makes his way to the ring. Jericho says he hired the security to keep the people away from him. Jericho says he doesn’t respect any of Cena’s fans or like them. They aren’t like him. Jericho continues to down the fans as he heads through the crowd to the ring.
Jericho finally gets in the ring and continues to taunt the fans. Jericho says none of them deserve to be fans of his and they are worthless to him. He says there is one Cena fan who is worth saving and that’s his son. Jericho talks about Cena beating him three years ago in a match that caused him to leave WWE. He says his son was too young to realize how good his father was then. Jericho says while he was away from WWE, his son watched RAW and became a John Cena fan. Jericho says he hasn’t allowed his son to watch RAW and see Cena or see the beating he received last week. Jericho says he will allow his son to watch him destroy Cena at Armageddon and take back the World Title.
Jericho says his son will see his real hero come home with the World Title around his waist, and that’s him. Jericho cracks a wicked smile and nods in approval as we cut to the RAW opening video.
IC Title Tournament Match: Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz
Out first is Rey Mysterio to a huge pop from the crowd in DC. As Rey walks down the ramp, Mike Knox appears in front of the ring and just stares Rey down. Rey charges Knox and gets pushed back. Rey slips and falls off the corner of the ramp and Knox attacks him, working over the arm. The referee sends Knox to the back as Rey holds his arm and we cut to commercial break.
– We’re backstage with Todd Grisham who asks Stephanie McMahon about Rey’s condition. She says he has torn some ligaments in his elbow. Layla walks up and says Rey should be out of the tournament. Stephanie agrees and walks off.
CM Punk and Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes and Manu
The World Tag Team Champions are out first separately for this non-title match. Out next is Cody and Manu. Punk and Cody start the match and work the mat before Kofi gets tagged in. Cody drops Kofi and brings in Manu. Big shoulder by Manu puts Kofi back down.
Kofi dumps Manu to the floor and comes over the ropes landing on him. Cody runs over and works over Kofi while the referee is distracted. Manu brings Kofi back in the ring as we cut to yet another commercial break.
Back from commercial and Punk is going at it with Cody. Manu comes in and they double team Punk, dropping him hard on the mat. Big slam by Manu and he nails a headbutt for a 2 count on Punk. Manu stomps on Punk now as Cody comes back in for some double teaming. Drop toe hold by Cody and he locks on a surfboard variation on Punk. Punk breaks loose and tries to tag Kofi but Cody levels him with a lariat for a 2 count.
Manu comes back in and nails a huge running splash on Punk’s backside in the corner for another 2 count. Manu continues to stomp and kick on Punk. Scoop slam and Cody is tagged back in. Cody drops a knee on Punk and mounts him for a series of right hands. 2 count by Cody. Cody drops more knees in Punk’s side. Manu is tagged back in for a bit more double teaming. Right hand by Manu. Punk tries to fight back with kicks now and he does. Sunset flip attempt by Punk is blocked. Manu misses a big back drop as Punk tries to get the tag. Cody gets tagged in and stops the tag. Punk puts a knee in Cody’s face and in comes Kofi. Kofi hits a bunch of high flying moves on Cody and nails the right hand off the top. Kofi with the big leg drop for a 2 count on Cody as Manu makes the save.
Punk comes in and takes out Manu with a bulldog. Cody tries to roll up Kofi from the back but catches the big kick for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: CM Punk and Kofi Kingston
– As Cody and Manu make their way to the back, we cut to Randy Orton watching everything on the monitor looking pissed off. We go back to commercial break.
– Back from commercial and we get another Christmas segment with HBK and HHH as DX. This time they’re pushing the Elimination Chamber figure play set.
– Backstage we see Cody Rhodes and Manu walking. They come up on Randy Orton. Cody tells Orton he didn’t see him win anything last week. Orton says they were on the same team at Survivor Series and they won. Orton says he saw potential in Cody then. Orton says he knows they respect him. Orton says tonight they should take the first step in realizing their collective potential. Orton says if they’re interested, he will be in his locker room.
– Chris Jericho is backstage pondering something. He knocks on Kane’s door and enters. Jericho tells Kane that everyone in the locker room tonight is talking about how Kane can’t beat John Cena tonight. This pisses Kane off. He tells Jericho not to play mind games tonight. He says is taking care of Cena tonight but not for Jericho, but for him. Kane says he likes the people and they love him. Just three weeks ago Kane was hating the fans. Kane tells Jericho to stay away from him and walks off. Back to commercial.
– We see a clip of Shane and Stephanie McMahon getting into it last week on RAW.
Jillian Hall vs. Melina
Jillian is in the ring singing when Melina’s music hits and out she comes for her first singles match since being injured.
Out of nowhere Santino Marella’s music hits and out he comes with the WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix. Roucka is in the crowd again with the “GLAMAZON IN TRAINING” sign. Beth and Santino sit down for commentary as Melina and Jillian lock up in the ring. Jillian knocks Melina to the apron and to the floor.
Melina is back in the ring now but Jillian nails a big side slam for a 2 count. Jillian mounts Melina from the back and tries to make her submit. Jillian finally breaks the hold and continues to bully Melina. Jillian misses the handspring in the corner and Melina turns it into a 2 count. Melina fights back and nails a jawbreaker and some kicks and punches. Melina nails her Last Call finisher on Jillian for the pinfall and the win.
After the match, Santino gets on the mic and says he isn’t impressed and says Melina isn’t on Beth’s level. Melina grabs the mic and says she’s back. She says she is going to take Beth’s Women’s Title from her. Santino rags on Melina some more and says anyone can do her split leg entrance. Melina’s music plays and Santino tries to do a split on the ring apron. He busts his balls and falls to the floor as Melina laughs and Beth tends to him. Melina gets back on the mic and says she’s going to show him how it’s done. Melina drops a sexy split as Beth and Santino head for the back.
– Backstage we see JBL making his way to the ring as we go back to commercial break.
– Back from commercial and Santino Marella is backstage enjoying Beth Phoenix putting ice on his balls. Goldust comes up from behind and tells him he’s glad he was enjoying it. Santino screeches and runs off realizing it wasn’t Beth down below.
Street Fight: JBL vs. Shawn Michaels
JBL comes out dressed in his suit, taking his tie off as he heads in. JBL says last week he made an offer to Shawn Michaels and he didn’t give him an answer. So tonight, he’s challenged him to a street fight. JBL asks for HBK’s answer. HBK’s music hits and out he comes dressed to fight in street clothes.
JBL tells the referee to hold on. JBL says Shawn can fight him right here in this street fight or do the right thing for his family and take care of them in a financial crisis. HBK talks about the economy being in trouble. JBL says he was stocking cash while the rest of the country was losing everything they had. JBL offers HBK a job, a chance to come work for him. JBL says all the revenue HBK will make off his DX t-shirts won’t compare to the money he will make with him. JBL talks about HBK’s family and career. JBL says he’s going to help HBK and his family out. JBL asks for an answer again on his offer. HBK just stands there. JBL says ever since he came out, people have wanted him to kick JBL in the face, so go ahead and do it. JBL taunts HBK and tells him to take a shot. HBK hesitates and JBL taunts some more as the crowd chants HBK. JBL says if he takes the shot, the offer will be off the table forever. HBK looks at the mat and turns away. HBK looks at JBL and exits the ring. HBK stops, stares at JBL and heads to the back with his head down. JBL tells Michaels he is looking forward to doing business with him. HBK stops and looks to start to cry. HBK keeps walking to the back as JBL looks on and smiles.
– Backstage we see Batista making his way to the ring as we go back to commercial.
Batista vs. Dolph Ziggler
Batista comes out first to a huge pop from the hometown crowd. We see his family and daughters at ringside. Out next is Dolph Ziggler, making his RAW ring debut. Dolph enters the ring and takes a mic. Dolph introduces himself. His name… is Dolph Ziggler. The bell rings and Batista looks on, smiling. Dolph extends his hand to Batista. Dolph tells Batista his name again and slaps him. Batista unloads and Dolph fights back. Batista comes after him and he ducks out to the floor. Batista goes to the floor and Dolph hits the ring. They go back and forth until Dolph kicks Batista in the head, knocking him off the apron. Dolph with right hands.
Batista fights back and they go in the ring. Dolph with a nice neckbreaker move for a 2 count. Dolph drops a series of elbows and looks impressive against Batista. Another 2 count by Dolph. Batista catches him with a big boot. Dolph jumps over Batista’s spear and works over Batista in the corner now. Dolph kicks at Batista in the knee and knocks him down. Batista catches Dolph in mid-air and drops him. Batista nails the Batista Bomb and gets the pinfall for the win.
As Batista celebrates, Randy Orton’s music hits. Orton talks about facing Batista. The Animal says he talked to Stephanie today and at Armageddon, it will be them two in a singles match. Orton says he has been waiting on this match for years. Batista’s music hits and he celebrates as Orton looks on.
– Backstage we see Chris Jericho trying to boost Randy Orton up and question which side he is on. Jericho tells him to think about Cena as he walks off.
Out first is John Morrison, representing ECW on RAW tonight. We see Layla backstage on the phone with William Regal. She says she spoke to Stephanie and she agreed with them and thinks that it will be a success. Out next is Finlay with Hornswoggle.
Finlay and Morrison lock up and hit the mat. Big uppercut by Finlay knocks Morrison back down. Morrison drags Finlay to the mat and drops elbows to the face from the outside. Finlay gets a 2 count. Finlay rams Morrison into the turnbuckle and goes to the second rope. Morrison with a kick to the face for a 2 count. Morrison beats Finlay down in the corner now and kicks him in the face. Morrison with a submission on the mat.
Finlay breaks the hold but Morrison drops him with a neck breaker. Morrison steps on Finlay’s midsection and goes to the top. Finlay clubs him from the back and tosses him to the mat. 2 count by Finlay. Morrison with a boot to the face but Finlay levels him with three clotheslines and a big elbow for a 2 count. Finlay clotheslines Morrison to the floor and distracts the ref. Morrison decks Hornswoggle and sends him flying. Finlay is now distracted and Morrison kicks him into the steel steps. Back in the ring now and Morrison drops Finlay into the ropes. Morrison with a big kick to the back of the head for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: John Morrison
– Stephanie McMahon’s music hits and out she comes. She says last week she took over RAW and will make it bigger and better. She announces the nominees for the Superstar of the Year for next week’s Slammy Awards. Superstar of the Year: Edge, Batista, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Triple H, John Cena
She also announces the following matches for next week: Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy, John Cena vs. Edge and Triple H vs. Batista.
– Back to commercial.
IC Title Tournament Match: The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
The Miz comes out first for this IC tournament match. We cut to quick commercial and Rey Mysterio makes his way out with his arm bandaged. This is the final opening round match of the tourney.
Miz grabs Rey’s hurt arm and goes to work on it as soon as the bell rings. Rey fights him off and nails the 619 early on. Rey misses a splash from the top rope and is down. Miz comes over now and works over Rey’s arm and back. Miz puts Rey on the top rope. Rey fights back with rights and knocks Miz to the floor. Miz gets up and pulls Rey from the top by his arm. 2 count by Miz.
Miz hits the bronco buster move but Rey kicks him in the face. Rey with a cross body off the rope but Miz catches him and gets another 2 count. Miz with another 2 count and Rey gets one of his own. They trade pins again. Rey kicks Miz in the face for a 2 count. Rey kicks at Miz’s legs. Miz catches Rey in the air and drops him on his face. Miz goes for the neck breaker but Rey counters it and rolls him up for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Rey Mysterio
– Backstage we see Kane making his way to the ring for the main event as we go to commercial break.
Kane vs. John Cena
Back from commercial and Kane makes his way to the ring first. Cena’s music hits and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion to a pretty nice pop from the DC fans. Cena hits the ring, runs the ropes as Kane looks on.
Kane backs Cena in the corner to start the match and beats him to the mat. Cena fires back with right hands and a shoulder off the ropes. Kane drops Cena with a big clothesline. Big right hand by Kane drops Cena again. Kane pulls Cena to the apron and knocks him to the floor. Back in the ring and Kane gets a 2 count. Kane splashes Cena in the corner and locks on a headlock.
Cena fights to his feet and tries to lift Kane but can’t. Dropkick by Kane for another close 2 count. Kane applies another headlock, working on Cena’s neck. Cena fights to his feet again and breaks the hold. Kane catches Cena with a big sidewalk slam for another 2 count. Kane goes to the top rope and gets ready to fly. Cena ducks Kane and locks on the STFU. Chris Jericho runs down and Cena clotheslines him on the ramp. Cena throws Jericho into the barrier and gets back in the ring. Big boot by Kane to Cena’s face. Kane signals for the chokeslam but Cena kicks him and takes him to the mat. Kane grabs his throat again but Cena slides out of it. Cena nails the FU on Kane for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: John Cena
After the match Cena and Jericho lock eyes. Jericho tries to run to the back but Cena cuts him off on the floor. Cena starts brawling with Jericho, using the fan barrier. They’re fighting by the entrance way on the side when Cody Rhodes and Manu rush in and attack Cena. The three heels jump the World Champion. Randy Orton runs in and knocks Cena back on the ramp. Orton tops Cena and nails a series of big right hands. Orton drags Cena over to the floor and drops a big DDT on the concrete. Orton, Manu and Rhodes stomp on Cena. Jericho takes his coat off and rolls his sleeves up. Jericho kicks Cena in the ribs and starts pounding on his head. Jericho locks on the Walls of Jericho, pushing Cena’s face into the concrete. Jericho tells Cena to ask him who the hero is now. Jericho applies the pressure on Cena as RAW goes off the air.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News