– The Honkey Tonk Man was a guest on last night’s Live Audio Wrestling radio show. Here are the highlights:
– He said his right index finger is healing, but he has been unable to spray hair spray with his right hand and has been learning to sign autographs without using his injured finger.
– He said despite harsh words said towards WWE in recent times, controversy creates cash (as Eric Bischoff would say).
– Honkey Tonk Man said the Cyber Sunday voting was legitimate, and he didn’t know what was in store for him until he got to the show.
– He said Ricky Steamboat was an agent for his match with Santino Marella (whom he put over for his work), and was told only 200 votes separated him from Roddy Piper in fan voting.
– He said he didn’t know he would have to wrestle, and brought along his ring attire just in case. He was asked earlier in the week if he could still do the shake, rattle and roll with his injured finger.
– When asked about the WWE Hall of Fame, he said if it happens, it happens.
– He said despite reports, he is not under a WWE legends contract.
– He put over Canadian fans, and said he would be returning to the Toronto area in early 2009.