WWE RAW Results – November 3rd, 2008
– Tonight’s RAW starts with a video package touting RAW’s success over the years, outlasting other major network TV shows. We go to the regular RAW opening video…
The pyro explodes and we’re live in the arena as Michael Cole welcomes us to Tampa, Florida for tonight’s celebration of RAW’s 800th episode. Tonight, DX vs. Miz and Morrison and Jericho vs. Batista in a steel cage. We see the cage hanging high above the ring as Lawler and Cole hype tonight’s show.
– Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes. Orton talks about the ultimatum he gave Shane and Stephanie McMahon last week regarding firing Mike Adamle, or him walking. Orton says he isn’t leaving until they come out and address this issue. Orton says if you think he’s bluffing, try him. RKO takes a seat at ringside infront of the announcers table.
The Hardy Boys vs. MVP and The Brian Kendrick
Matt and Jeff Hardy make their way out to the ring for RAW’s opening match tonight to a huge pop. We see a clip of Hardy’s huge Swanton on Orton last year. Out next is MVP followed by his tag team partner The Brian Kendrick with Ezekiel right behind him.
Jeff and MVP start it off with MVP getting an early 2 count. Hardy goes between MVP’s legs and takes him down for a big leg drop and a 2 count of his own. Matt comes in and gets a 2 count on MVP as Orton looks on. Jeff comes back in, jumps off Matt’s back and lands on MVP in the corner for a 2 count. Hardy misses his drop in the corner and MVP tags in Kendrick who comes in with boots to the back of Hardy and a 2 count. Kendrick works over Hardy until Jeff hits a suplex and tags in Matt who is now fighting with MVP.
Hardy comes off the top and nails MVP, for another 2 count until Kendrick breaks it up. MVP tags in Kendrick, who goes to work on Hardy with rights. The ref didn’t see the tag and makes Kendrick get out. Jeff nails a Swanton on MVP while the ref’s back is turned. Matt covers MVP for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: The Hardy Boys
– We cut to a video package highlighting RAW’s first episode.
8 Man Over The Top Battle Royal
The guys in the ring are Shad, JTG, Manu, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Jamie Noble, William Regal and Snitsky. The winner gets a IC Title shot next week on RAW. Santino and Beth come out for commentary.
Cryme Tyme is fighting with DiBiase and Rhodes to start off. Noble tries to eliminate Cody but they fight it out on the apron. Ted and Cody team up on Regal but can’t get him over the top. JTGalmost hits the floor. Team Priceless eliminates Snitsky. Ted turns right around and eliminates Cody and Manu.
Regal and Noble go to the floor and start fighting but Regal doesn’t touch the floor. Noble is gone. Ted tries to eliminate JTG but Shad makes the save. Regal waits on the floor as Ted fights Cryme Tyme. JTG goes over the top. Shad with a big clothesline on Ted. Ted slides out of a powerslam, catches Shad on the ropes and sends him over. Regal comes in the ring and throws Ted over to win the match.
Winner: William Regal
After the match, Layla comes in the ring to congratulate Regal. Regal points at Santino, who is at ringside.
– The camera goes outside where a black limousine is. Out steps Stephanie McMahon and her brother Shane. They walk in the arena and Stephanie tells Shane to handle this one on his own, he knows what to do. Shane makes his way into the arena as we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we see highlights of the RAW where Vince McMahon bought WCW and Shane appeared on the screen live from WCW Nitro.
Randy Orton is in the ring with a mic. He says it’s time to address the Adamle situation now that Shane and Stephanie are here. Orton says either Adamle goes or he goes, what is it going to be? Out comes Shane McMahon, dancing across the entrance way.
Shane hops in the ring and dances around. Shane says he doesn’t appreciate the aggressive tones. Orton cuts him off and asks him if he’s going to fire Adamle or not. Orton says if Vince was here, things would be different. Shane says he’s not Vince and Orton should respect his position in the company. The RAW music hits and out comes Mike Adamle, with a big smile on his face. Adamle says he hs something to say. He says since the beginning of RAW, whoever has been in charge has had an agenda, some good and some bad. Adamle says he wanted to be different, be the first one that was neutral.
Adamle starts getting emotional. Adamle says he doesn’t want it to happen to him and says he resigns from General Manager of RAW. The crowd loves this. He thanks Shane and Stephanie for everything and walks off. Orton gets on the mic and tells Adamle he owes Orton an apology. Shane says Orton owes Adamle one. Orton and Shane get in each other’s face. Shane says he talked to Orton’s doctors and they said he’s been cleared to wrestle for weeks but didn’t tell anyone about it. Orton says he was waiting for Survivor Series. Shane says what about tonight. Shane tells Orton he will be wrestling tonight. Orton says he isn’t prepared to wrestle tonight. Shane says he has it all taken care of and announced Orton’s opponent as CM Punk! Orton looks pissed. Shane dances around some more and heads to the back.
Vladimir Kozlov vs. Bret “The Hitman” Haas
Back from commercial and SmackDown’s Russian Vladimir Kozlov makes his way to the ring. I almost wig out when Bret Hart’s music hits but it’s Charlie Haas. Wow. This might be the best one yet. Haas gives his Hitman shades to a guy at ringside. Good stuff here on RAW tonight so far. Haas takes a mic and asks if Vladimir thinks the people screwed him by not voting him into Cyber Sunday, no, Vladimir screwed Vladimir. Haas says he is the best there is, was and ever will be. The bell rings and Haas kicks Vladimir but gets kicked right to the mat.
Kozlov nails his big shove to the mat finisher on Haas to get the pinfall and the win in a squash match.
Winner: Vladimir Kozlov
– Todd Grisham is backstage with Batista, who says he isn’t ready to give up his World Title yet. He says Jericho goes home empty handed tonight, no excuses.
– We cut to a video of the RAW where DX invaded WCW.
– Backstage we see DX making their way to the ring as we go back to commercial.
John Morrison and The Miz vs. DX
We see some cool footage from SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 with DX in action. The music hits in the arena and out come Shawn Michaels and the WWE Champion Triple H as Degeneration X. DX get a nice pop as expected. Lilian does the ring introductions as DX make their way around the ring with glow sticks in hand. DX take the mics to do their usual stuff. Are you ready? Are….you….ready? HBK says he isn’t ready. He can’t do this. He says he was watching ECW last week and saw Miz & Morrison mocking them. HBK plays the clip on the big screen.
HBK says that could’ve been them. HBK says think about it, they dress up two guys to look like them and then beat them up… that hasn’t been done since last week. Triple H says actually someone did it segment four tonight. HBK asks if Triple H noticed the size of his nose and calls it gigantic. Triple H said it’s not that big and the camera adds 10 pounds to it. HBK asks how many cameras are on it? HBK says they did the unthinkable, they mocked his chaps. HBK says you can punch his wife in the face but don’t mock his chaps. Triple H says it pissed him off that they mocked HBK losing his hair. HBK puts his hat back on and says they didn’t say anything about that. Triple H says they did. This is a very good segment here, better than the usual DX stuff. Triple H says when they were revolutionizing the industry, Miz and Morrison were… they show Miz’s high school senior photo on the screen! HAHA! Triple H basically calls Miz a horse mouth and says no offense Lilian. Then we see a pic of Morrison as a kid. Triple H says they look like kids who got beat up everyday in high school and tonight will be no different. We see a clip of Miz dancing with Big Dick Johnson back in 2006. Finally we get the thousands in attendance, millions watching around the world, and for Miz & Morrison because they have a dream, not to be in the ring with DX, but one day that they can enjoy the same rights as any other couple in the United States, the right to marry and start a family. Let’s get ready to suck it…. The crowd pops. Miz and Morrison’s music cuts HBK off as they make their way to the ring, looking a bit pissed off.
The Miz and John Morrison enter the ring as we go back to commercial.
The Miz and John Morrison enter the ring as we go back to commercial. Back from commercial and Morrison is pinning Triple H for a 2 count. Triple H lands a big clothesline on Morrison. Morrison tags in Miz but HHH gets HBK in. HBK with a flying shoulder on Miz and an inverted atomic drop followed by a right hand and a scoop slam. HBK goes to the top and nails the big elbow drop. He gets ready for Sweet Chin Music but Morrison stops him. HBK sends him to the floor but turns around to a big clothesline from Miz.
Morrison comes in and they double team HBK for a 2 count. Morrison works over HBK now. HBK fights back and hits Morrison with a big chop. Morriso throws him into the turnbuckle and back down with a big clothesline. 2 count by Morrison. Miz comes back in and hits his running clothesline in the corner on HBK, sending him t the mat. Miz misses a high knee and HBK turns it into a 2 count. Another clothesline by Miz and back in comes Morrison.
Morrison slaps HBK but gets hit with an enziguri kick. HBK tags in Triple H who nails Morrison with rights and a big high knee to the jaw. Triple H with a face buster. He goes for the Pedigree but Miz comes in. Triple H with a big spinebuster on Miz. Morrison comes off the ropes with a kick to the head for a 2 count on Triple H as HBK makes the save. Morrison pushes HBK to the floor and nails a forearm on Triple H.
Morrison mocks HBK and goes for the Sweet Chin Music, nailing it on Triple H. Miz comes in now and they mock DX in the center of the ring with a crotch chop. Miz goes for the Pedigree on Triple H but The Game throws him to the mat. Morrison goes to the floor. HBK comes in and Sweet Chin Music’s Miz. Triple H catches him and nails the Pedigree on Miz for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Shawn Michaels and Triple H
– Backstage we see JBL and Shane McMahon watching. JBL says he has a proposition for Shane and says with the end of Adamle as General Manager, RAW needs a change. JBL wants to be RAW’s General Manager. Shane says he will talk it over with Stephanie but he sees JBL in a high profile match tonight. JBL wants the cage match to be a triple threat. Shane says JBL vs. The Undertaker tonight. JBL doesn’t like the sound of this but Shane says it will be awesome. JBL keeps a smile on his face before walking off.
– Up next is the 16 Divas Tag Team match as we go to commercial.
16 Divas Tag Team Match
It looks like it’s going to be Beth Phoenix, Lena Yada, Layla, Maryse, Jillian, Victoria, Natalya Neidhart and Katie Lea vs. Mickie, Candice, Michelle McCool, Eve Torres, Brie Bella, Tiffany and Kelly Kelly. There’s only 7 girls on the face team. The music hits and out comes Mae Young! Beth attacks Kelly to start the match and here we go. Kelly hits her head scissor move early and tags in Mae Young. Mae comes in and hits big left handsd on Beth. Then Natalya and Victoria, then Jillian. Mae falls to the mat but gets up and hits Layla. The Divas try to corner her but Team Kelly comes in to make the save. The Divas rumble around and Beth rolls Mae Young up from behind for the win.
Winners: Team Beth
After the match, Santino comes down to celebrate with Beth, taunting Mae Young. The Divas help Mae to her feet in the ring as she celebrates with the fans. We cut to a SmackDown promo.
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
One half of the World Tag Team Champions CM Punk makes his way to the ring first. We see a clip of Orton kicking Punk and costing him the World Title. Out next is Randy Orton. The ref calls for the bell and here we go. Punk tests Orton out with a kick and they go around the ring. Punk hits an early enziguri kick and backs Orton in the corner, working him over with knees.
Orton hits a big clothesline on Punk and takes control of the match. Orton works on Punk’s legs, drops a knee and gets a 2 count. Side headlock by Orton. They go and forth off the ropes until Punk hits a series of kicks and punches. Running kick by Punk takes Orton back down. Punk with the high knee in the corner. Punk goes for the bulldog but Orton counters and drops Punk. Orton gets down and starts stalking Punk. Orton gets ready for the RKO when Ted DiBiase flies in the ring and takes Punk down, beating him with rights and lefts. Orton gets mad and asks Cody and Manu what the hell was that. Orton punt kicks DiBiase in the back of the head. The crowd breaks out in a “RKO” chant. Orton stares down Manu and Rhodes as he makes his way to the back. DiBiase is left laid out in the ring.
– WWE officials, Cody Rhodes and Manu check on Ted DiBiase, who is still laid out in the ring as we go back to commercial break.
– Back from commercial and Cody and Manu catch up with Randy Orton backstage. They say they have a problem with what happened out there. Orton says he knows they want revenge on Punk but not when he’s about to win his first match back. Orton says Ted is talented, he just tried to kick some sense into him. Orton yells at them and says if they have a problem with what he did then to do something about it, he dares them. They just flare up and he tells them that’s smart. Orton walks off.
– Backstage we see Stephanie. Mike Adamle walks in. Adamle says the real reason he is leaving is because everytime he comes up with an idea, they call him and have it changed. He says they want to be in charge of anything. He tells her motherhood hasn’t done any good for her and calls her a maniac. She says she is a McMahon and controlling this show is her birth right. She tells him good luck and he walks off. Shane comes walking in past Adamle. Steph tells him it’s nothing. Shane says he has a big Survivor Series announcement.Shane walks off as we get ready for another commercial.
– Back from commercial and the voice of RAW for over 600 episodes, Jim Ross comes out and shakes hands with Tazz, Cole and Lawler.
JBL vs. The Undertaker
Ross takes a seat for commentary as JBL’s white limousine pulls into the arena and he makes his way to the ring. The lights go down in the arena as the fire blazes and The Undertaker makes his grand entrance to the RAW ring.
Taker and JBL lock up with Taker hitting a shoulder block. Taker with right hands in the corner now. Taker walks the ropes for Old School and nails it perfect on JBL. JBL hits a big clothesline out of nowhere and Taker is down. JBL with rights of his own in the corner now. JBL stomps Taker to the mat until the ref comes in between. More rights by JBL. Taker fights back. Taker scoops him and drops his face over the turnbuckle, hits a big boot and a leg drop for a 2 count.
Taker calls for the chokeslam and nails it. Taker goes for the Tombstone but JBL slides out of it. JBL runs into Taker and falls to the outside of the ring. JBL gets back up but when he sees Taker get up, he won’t get back in the ring. JBL gets counted out. Shawn Michaels runs down and throws JBL in the ring. Taker nails the Tombstone Piledriver on JBL. HBK and Taker exchange a look as Taker’s music hits and JBL lays in the ring. The lights go out and Taker poses as we go to replay.
Winner: The Undertaker by count out
– Backstage we see Chris Jericho. Shane McMahon walks in and Jericho wants to know the announcement for Survivor Series. Shane says the World Title will be defended against John Cena at Survivor Series, with whoever the winner is after tonight. Jericho talks about karma and walks off. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Kung Fu Naki is dancing in the ring. Hornswoggle comes in and dances around with him. The Boogeyman comes up in the ring and dances around with them. Out comes Goldust, Festus, Jesse, Sgt. Slaughter, Jim Duggan, Dusty Rhodes, Cole, Lawler and Lilian Garcia. All these people are dancing around in the ring.Goldust dances with Lilian and Cole. The music stops and Ron Simmons appears at the entrance way. Simmons looks around before a big DAMN! The music plays again and everyone starts dancing around again. Back to another video.
– We cut to a package highlighting RAW #775, Ric Flair’s last RAW where everyone joined him in the ring to celebrate his career and say goodbye. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we see a video for RAW #630 with Edge and Lita’s wedding. We also see some of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the crowd.
Kane and Mark Henry vs. Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston
The pyro explodes and out comes Kane to the ring. Out next is his partner Mark Henry with Tony Atlas. Out next is Rey Mysterio to a big pop. His partner, one half of the World Tag Team Champions, Kofi Kingston is out next.
Kane and Rey start the match. Rey kicks Kane in the face and comes off the top with a hurrancanrana. Kane scoops Rey and drops him with a big side slam. Henry comes in and starts beating on Rey. Henry lifts him high in the air and drops him but Rey lands on his feet. Kofi comes in and tries to work over Henry but gets overpowered. Kofi drops Henry into the turnbuckle and kicks Kane. Kofi leaps on Henry for right hands. Kofi comes off the top but Henry catches him in mid-air. Rey comes in and tries to kick Henry down but can’t. Kane levels Rey. Henry drops Kofi with a World’s Strongest Slam for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Kane and Mark Henry
After the match, Kane grabs Rey and throws him across the ring to the floor. The Great Khali’s music plays and out he comes. Kane goes to choke slam Rey but Khali drops Kane. Khali gets in the ring and knocks Mark Henry into the ropes, letting Rey hit the 619 on Henry. Khali lays out Henry with a big chop and raises his hands in the air as Rey’s music plays. Looks like Khali officially just turned face.
– We get a few more promo videos and commercials and we see the steel cage lowering over the ring for tonight’s main event. Cole and Lawler lead us into another return video package for John Cena.
– Backstage we see Shane and Stephanie again. Stephanie asks him to keep her in the loop next time and not surprise her. Shane says he wishes Vince was here to see that. Stephanie says Vince would be proud of them.
Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho makes his way to the cage first for tonight’s RAW main event. Jericho enters the cage and waits. Batista’s music hits and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion. Batista enters the cage and slams the door. The ref holds the World Title up and here we go. Batista throws Jericho to the mat twice. Jericho slaps him and gets thrown back into the corner with thrusts. Jericho climbs the cage and gets two legs over the top but Batista grabs him and brings him back in.
Batista nails a big powerslam and a running clothesline for a 2 count on Jericho. Batista throws Jericho face first into the cage, going from side to side. Batista continues to use the cage against Jericho as we go back to commercial.
Back from commercial and Jericho has Batista in the Walls of Jericho. Jericho tells the referee to open the door as he pulls Batista. Batista turns the Walls of Jericho over buty kicks Jericho to the door. Jericho hangs out of the door but Batista tries to pull him back in. Batista holds Jericho by his leg and trunks. Right hands by Jericho as he tries to bring him back in. Batista’s leg goes out and Jericho smacks it with the cage door.
Jericho works on the knee some more. Batista blocks the Codebreaker. Batista goes for the spear but Jericho moves and Batista hits the cage. Jericho goes to climb the cage but Batista goes out the door and grabs Jericho. They come back in and Batista nails a Spinebuster. Batista goes for the Bomb but can’t. He hits it but it puts Jericho on the cage. Jericho goes to climb out but Batista grabs his foot. They fight on the cage now. Down to the mat they go. Jericho climbs the cage again but Batista comes after him. Batista grabs Jericho from the top of the cage and goes for a Batista Bomb fro up top. Jericho pulles some kind of steel ring off the cage top and uses it on Batista.
Jericho climbs over the side of the cage but Batista grabs him by his throat through the top of the cage. Jericho kicks at his knees and falls to the floor for the win!
Winner and NEW World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Jericho
RAW goes off the air with the new World Heavyweight Champion raising his hand in the air and Batista left in the cage with a busted open forehead.
Latest TNA News » More TNA News