WWE is taping this week’s edition of SmackDown from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Special thanks to readers Greg Curley, Kevin Benford, and David for text-messaging the following results.
* The entire upper level is of the arena is tarped off.
* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.
* A video promoting SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 is shown.
* Ricky Ortiz b. Gavin Spears in a squash match. The crowd could have cared less.
* Following ECW, The Miz emerged from underneath the ring with his mouth gagged and his hands tied. Cryme Tyme worked the crowd at ringside.
SmackDown: (Airing This Friday 10/17)
* Big Show opens SmackDown accompanied by Chavo Guerrero. He talks about Undertaker’s chin and says that the Undertaker has lost his mind for interfering with his match against Triple H.
Big Show then proceeds to announce the stipulations that fans will be able to vote for in his match against The Undertaker at Cyber Sunday. They are:
* Last Man Standing Match
* I Quit Match
* A Knockout Match
Big Show then takes on a jobber in each of the above matches. He dominates them all effortlessly.
Carlito & Primo Colon b. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
– Primo Colon got the win via pinfall following a drop kick off the top rope.
* MVP comes out and cuts a promo and talks about the longest United States Title Reign. He then talks about how he’s going to do what Shelton Benjamin can’t and beat R-Truth.
* R-Truth b. MVP
– R-Truth entered through the crowd. He got the win with the spinning axe kick.
* Big Show & The Great Khali are in the ring for a promo. Vickie comes out and says she wants Khali to take out Undertaker. Khali doesn’t want to be a pawn. Khali and Big Show stare each other down to end the segment.
* Brian Kendrick comes out the the ring. He says due to doctor’s orders he can’t wrestle against Super Crazy tonight. He says that Ezekiel will wrestle in his place.
* Ezekiel Jackson b. Super Crazy in a squash match.
* Triple H comes out and talks about his upcoming match at Cyber Sunday against either Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, or both.
* Undertaker vs. The Great Khali
– The match ends in disqualification when Big Show comes out and choke slams Undertaker. Big Show grabs a chair and wants The Great Khali to hit the Undertaker. Khali chops the chair out of Big Show’s hands and leaves the ring.
* Maria b. Victoria, Natalya, Maryse, Brie Bella in a “Las Vegas Poll Match”
– Maria got the win in a quick match. She will now get a title shot against Michelle McCool.
* Triple H vs. Undertaker is announced for next week’s edition of SmackDown.
* Jesse & Festus b. Kenny Dykstra & Brian Kendrick
– Festus gets the win via pinfall on Kenny.
* Triple H comes out in street clothes to join Jim Ross and Tazz.
* Vladamir Kozlov b. Jeff Hardy
– Vladamir Kozlov corners Jeff Hardy and hits a big running power slam. Kozlov then locks an arm bar on the mat. Jeff finally gets up and hits two whisper in the winds. He goes to the top and jumps off. He misses. Kozlov regains control and wins with a headbutt.
After the match Triple H gets in the ring and taunts Kozlov with the belt. Kozlov leaves and Triple H helps Hardy. Triple H then raises Hardy’s hand, kicks him, and hits a pedigree to send SmackDown off the air.