– Tonight’s RAW kicks off with Chris Jericho and Mike Adamle talking backstage. Jericho says what Adamle did last week was inexcusable. Adamle reminds him he wouldn’t be Champion if it weren’t for him. Adamle says tonight, Jericho will wrestle and Batista will pick his opponent. Adamle says first, Batista wrestle and Jericho picks his opponent. Jericho says he is the World Champion and this isn’t going to work. He says he is going to call Shane McMahon and Adamle says it won’t work, they turn their phone off during RAW. Jericho says he has another way of getting to them and walks through the back. He walks up on Jamie Noble, Candice Michelle and Mickie James who are texting on their phone. Jericho asks what they’re doing and keeps walking. We go to the arena to Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler.
Jericho comes to the ring with a mic and says it’s bad enough he has to wrestle Batista at Cyber Sunday and talks about the potential referees, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin, pointing out why he thinks they won’t work out as referee. Austin’s name gets a huge pop. Jericho talks about beating The Rock and Austin for the Undisputed Championship and says Austin will hold a grudge and be biased. Jericho tells Shane to overrule Adamle’s announcement and basically cancel the Cyber Sunday match.
Jericho keeps talking when Shawn Michaels’ music hits and out he comes. Michaels stares down Jericho as he walks to the ring. Jericho and Michaels come face to face in the ring. HBK says nothing would thrill him more than to be able to come out and tell him if he’s voted as the special referee, he will put their differences aside and be fair, but he can’t. HBK says it’s kind of better that Jericho wins, so he can challenge him afterwards and beat him for the World Title.
HBK says if he gets voted in, he will make sure Cyber Sunday is the worse day of Jericho’s life. HBK says he’s going to do what Barack Obama and John McCain would love to do to each other but can’t and unloads on Jericho with lefts and rights. Jericho gets knocked to the floor and makes his way to the back as HBK looks on from the ring. Jericho comes back with a mic and says he has decided who Batista’s opponent will be tonight and it’s Shawn Michaels. To commercial we go.
Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy vs. Kane and Mark Henry
Back from commercial and Rey Mysterio is making his way to the ring as Lilian begins introductions. Out next is his partner, ECW Champion Matt Hardy followed by Mark Henry, Tony Atlas and Kane. We see Johnny Knoxville sitting at ringside. The bell rings and it’s Hardy and Henry starting things off with a brawl. Hardy comes off the second rope a few times with an elbow, staggering Henry. DDT on Henry for a 2 count. Hardy misses the Twist of Fate and Kane distracts him, letting Henry lay him out.
Kane comes in and pummels on Hardy for a bit before tagging Henry back in. Henry continues beating on Hardy as the crowd tries to get behind him. Henry levels Hardy with a boot and tags in Kane. 2 count by Kane and he locks on a choke, wearing down Hardy as Rey waits for the tag. Hardy drops Kane with a DDT and Rey gets tagged in. Rey unloads on Kane but only gets a 2 count. Rey dropkicks Henry off the apron and goes back to work on Kane. Rey drops Kane on the ropes and nails the 619. Henry grabs Hardy at ringside but Rey dives off the apron, knocking them down. Hardy and Henry fight up the entrance way. Rey comes off the rope but Kane catches him in the ribs to get the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Kane and Mark Henry
After the match, Kane attacks Mysterio. Kane lifts Rey up for a chokeslam but he slides out of it and kicks Kane out of the ring. They taunt each other as we go to a replay of the end of the match.
– Todd Grisham is backstage with Batista. He says Chris Jericho is not stupid but he knows his game. He says there is no love lost between him and HBK but he respects him as a competitor. Batista says if HBK tries to take him out, he will beat him to the punch. Back to commercial we go.
JBL vs. Haas Hogan
Back from commercial and JBL’s white limousine pulls into the arena and he gets out. JBL yells at his driver for getting in the way. We see Nancy O’Dell from Access Hollywood at ringside. JBL gets on the mic and says everywhere he goes the topic of talk is the economy. JBL mocks everyone and the economy. JBL says the bailout plan lets him keep all his money and he’s making bank. JBL says he is America, he is a real American… Hulk Hogan’s “Real American” theme music hits! Out comes Haas Hogan! Charlie Haas comes out in red and yellow, looking like The Hulkster.
Haas does the Hulkster mannerisms and rips his shirt. The bell rings and JBL goes to work on Haas, beating him from corner to corner. Haas starts to Hulk Up and points his finger in JBL’s face followed by right hands. Haas throws JBL off the ropes and hits the big boot but misses Hogan’s leg drop. JBL nails the Clothesline from Hell for the pinfall and the win.
– Todd Grisham is ringside with Johnny Knoxville, Chris Pontius and their director guy from Jackass. Johnny says they are taking Khali up on his invitation. Grisham asks them about their comments on their website and shows some of the photos they have up. Johnny says he had nothing to do with any of that and Pontius said someone must have made this up. Johnny says they’re having a ball at RAW but waiting for the midgets. He says they didn’t bring their midget tonight but are waiting for WWE’s.
– Michael Cole reminds us about Shawn Michaels vs. Batista tonight as we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Michael Cole leads us into another video package hyping John Cena and his return. Superstars including Triple H, Edge, JBL and Batista talk about how great Cena is.
– After the Cena package, Randy Orton’s music hits and out comes the former WWE Champion with a mic. Orton stops at the entrance way and speaks. He says it’s funny that nobody had any kind words to say about him when he got hurt. He talks about getting hurt and finishing his match with Triple H. Orton says as far as Cyber Sunday goes, don’t vote for him. He says he doesn’t need to put himself in physical harm so close to his ring return. He says when he is better, he will become WWE Champion again, whether it be Batista or Jericho. Orton says the fans have no say in that matter, his music hits and he heads to the back.
– We see Batista making his way to the ring backstage for the match with Shawn Michaels, which apparently is next. Back to commercial we go.
Batista vs. Shawn Michaels
Back from commercial and Batista makes his way to the ring with his usual pyro entrance. Out next is his opponent as named by Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels. Both men got huge pops. Before the match starts, Jericho appears on the big screen and announces this is a Lumberjack match. Out comes Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Snitsky, Paul Burchill, D-Lo Brown, Tony Atlas, Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely and about 6 or 7 other guys. We go to commercial.
Back from commercial and HBK and Batista and going at it with the Lumberjacks surrounding the ring. HBK goes to the floor and decks Deuce. HBK locks on a figure four in the middle of the ring on Batista. We see Jericho watching the match on a monitor in the locker room. Batista turns the figure four over and breaks the hold. HBK hits a swinging neck breaker on Batista and stomps on his face. Other names outside the ring include JBL, Manu, Randy Orton, William Regal and others.
Batista backs HBK in the corner, kicks him and throws him into the opposite corner, nailing him with a running knee. Batista hits a big running powerslam for a 2 count. Batista applies a rear choke type move on HBK until he fights out of it. Batista hits a big back body drop on HBK and gets another 2 count.
Batista lifts HBK in the air and drops him over his knee, pinning for another 2 count. Batista takes HBK back to the mat with another body scissors move. The hold is broken but Batista stomps away on HBK. Batista with a forearm to HBK’s lower back. Batista runs into HBK’s boot and is knocked down. HBK gets a 2 count. Batista levels HBK with a huge clothesline for another close 2 count.
Batista goes for a spine buster but HBK slides out of it and goes for Sweet Chin Music. Batista blocks it and tries to throw him over the top but Shawn hangs on. HBK comes back in but gets caught in a big tilt-a-whirl slam for a 2 count. Batista gets ready for a spear but as HBK gets up, he clotheslines him to the floor. Everyone goes for Shawn but Mark Henry pushes them out of the way. Henry grabs Shawn in a bear hug and rag dolls him, throwing him back in the ring. Batista gets a 2 count as we go back to commercial.
Back from commercial and Batista has Shawn locked in a big bear hug. Batista pushes HBK back in the corner with a big thrust. HBK fights back with chops. Batista throws HBK on the turnbuckle post. Batista ends up on the floor. Randy Orton tells everyone to get back as he goes to kick Batista’s head but he moves and Orton misses. Batista fights DiBiase off and gets back in the ring. Batista is down now. HBK climbs the top rope. JBL distracts the ref while William Regal pushes HBK off the top rope. The ref begins his 10 count on both men who are down.
Both men get up on the nine count and Batista drops HBK with a big spine buster. Batista lifts HBK for the Batista Bomb but HBK punches him in the head. Batista and HBK fall over the top rope as the Lumberjacks attack both men. All of the Superstars enter the ring as the bell rings. Batista hits a Spine buster on Manu. HBK goes for Sweet Chin Music on Batista but it hits JBL. Batista goes for a spear on HBK but nails Mark Henry. Batista and HBK clear the ring and try to regain composure as we see Jericho watching a monitor from the back.
Winner: No Contest
After the match, HBK and Batista get to their feet to meet in the ring. Michaels and Batista shake hands as Jericho watches from the back.
– Back from commercial and the WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix and WWE Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella coming to the ring. Santino brings out the Honk-A-Meter once again. He’s got a little over a year left. Santino does some more great comedy like only he can. He points out Johnny Knoxville and asks him to come to the ring to ask him a question. Here comes Knoxville.
Santino asks him what he was thinking, picking on Khali. Johnny makes a joke and calls Beth Phoenix a man. Beth slaps Knoxville and scoop slams him but drops him on his head, totally botching the move. Beth and Santino leave as Hornswoggle appears. Horny climbs the top rope and hits the Tadpole splash on Knoxville. Chris Pontius comes in to try and help Knoxville. Out comes Big Dick Johnson! He strips in the ring to reveal his grossness. Pontius takes off his clothes to reveal his matching sickness and they dance around. The music hits and The Boogeyman is in the ring! Boogey clotheslines Pontius and puts a wad of worms in his mouth. Boogey disappears as Knoxville and Pontius get to their feet. Knoxville gets on the mic, plugs his website and says that wasn’t bad. Out comes The Great Khali.
Khali comes to the ring with Ranjin Singh. Knoxville nervously laughs at Khali. Knoxville makes his fingers small, hinting at Khali’s tallywhacker. Khali doesn’t think it’s funny and locks the vice grip on Knoxville. Khali lifts Johnny up and slams him with the Khali Bomb. Ranjin applauds Khali as his music hits and Knoxville is laid out in the ring beside a pile of worms. WWE referees check on Knoxville as we cut to a replay of that long segment.
– Backstage we see Kelly Kelly walking with Shad Gaspard. They walk up on JTG who is going through some bag. JTG says he is borrowing something and pulls out a Ducks hockey mask and says he likes ice. They walk off to the ring as we go to commercial.
Cryme Tyme and Kelly Kelly vs. The Miz, John Morrison and Jillian Hall
The Miz and Morrison are in the ring with Jillian and tell Cryme Tyme they’re going to prove they’re more “gangsta” than them tonight. They break out in a whack rap with Jillian singing in between verses. Cryme Tyme’s music finally hits to interrupt this crap. Kelly and Cryme Tyme head to the ring as Lilian begins introductions.
Kelly and Jillian start the match off going back and forth. Kelly takes her down with a head scissors move. Jillian tags in Miz and Kelly tags in JTG. JTG hits a dropkick and a neck breaker move. Jillian starts screaming at him and he turns around but gets nailed by Miz. Morrison gets tagged in and they double team JTG. 2 count by Morrison. Morrison distracts the ref and Miz stomps on JTG on the apron. Neck breaker by Morrison for another 2 count.
JTG hits a big right hand on Morrison and tags in Shad. He comes in and levels Morrison with two clotheslines and a splash in the corner. Shad lifts Morrison with one arm and slams him down for a 2 count as Jillian and Miz come in. Kelly and JTG also come in. JTG nails Morrison with the hockey mask from earlier, which lays him out. Shad takes advantage and pins Morrison for the win.
Winners: Kelly Kelly and Cryme Tyme
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
Back from commercial and Cole and Lawler go over the current card for Cyber Sunday and talk about what happened earlier with Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels and Batista. Out first is the World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho, without Lance Cade. Jericho enters the ring as we go back to commericial.
Back from commercial and Jericho is waiting in the ring for his opponent. Lilian Garcia introduces the opponent and out comes CM Punk. Punk heads to the ring to a nice pop and has some words with Jericho in the ring. Batista comes on the big screen and announces a special guest referee for this match… and it’s him. Jericho looks pissed. Batista’s music hits and out comes The Animal for his role in this match.
Batista calls for the bell and has words with Jericho. Punk comes from behind and rolls Y2J up for a 2 count. Punk attacks Jericho and sends him to the floor. Jericho gets pissed and starts to leave to the back. Batista goes after him and brings him back to the ring. Punk attacks again and hits Jericho with knees in the corner. Punk wraps Jericho around the ropes with a spider type move and Batista just lets him. Punk goes to the top and hits a cross body on Jericho for a 2 count.
Punk hits a huge kick that knocks Jericho down. Punk goes back to the top but Jericho pulls his leg and brings him down to the mat. Jericho stomps on Punk now. Jericho hits big right hands on Punk now, turning the tables. Jericho taunts Batista and they have words again. Jericho with a suplex on Punk another kick and a pin attempt but Batista counts it slow. Jericho has more words with Batista. Jericho applies a submission and tells Batista to check Jericho as the crowd chants Punk’s name.
Back on their feet now and Jericho continues his assault. Jericho goes for his bulldog but Punk pushes him into the turnbuckle. Punches and kicks by Punk followed by a heel kick to the face. Punk misses the knee in the corner and Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho. Punk rolls him up for a 2 count. Punk nails the running knee to the face this time and the running bulldog. Punk goes for the GTS but Jericho fights out of it. Jericho hits the Codebreaker and covers for the pin. Batista counts to 2 and has something in his eye, so he stops the count. Jericho gets in Batista’s face. Batista kicks him and drops him with the Batista Bomb. CM Punk takes advantage and covers Jericho for the pinfall and the win in this non-title match.
Winner: CM Punk
After the match, Batista heads to the back as Jericho gets to his feet in the ring. The World Champion and #1 contender stare each other down as RAW goes off the air.