Coming off the heels of last night, Sting has won TNA’s World Heavyweight Championship at Bound for Glory three years in a row. In 2006, he defeated Jeff Jarrett for the belt in a career vs. belt match. Last year, Sting overcame interference by both Karen Angle and Kevin Nash to pin Kurt Angle after a Scorpion Death Drop. And of course, last night he pinned Samoa Joe after Kevin Nash hit Joe with a baseball bat. It should be interesting to see if Sting loses the belt in a hurry for a third consecutive year. Last year, he lost the belt back to Angle within two weeks on an episode of Impact. In 2006, he lost the belt to Abyss at the following month’s pay-per-view, Genesis. He was disqualified after clotheslining referee Rudy Charles. For his match with Abyss, the rules stated that the title could change hands on a disqualification.
The MSG website has put up this card for WWE’s 12/28 RAW house show.
* Chris Jericho vs. John Cena for the World Title in a Cage match
* Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
* Batista & Rey Mysterio vs. JBL & Kane
* Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes vs. CM Punk & Kofi Kingston for the World Tag Team Titles
* Santino Marella vs. D’Lo Brown for the WWE Intercontinental Title
* Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle for the WWE Women’s Title w/ Special Ref Jillian Hall