– For the past two weeks during TNA Impact, in some markets, Spike TV has been running commercials promoting SmackDown on MyNetworkTV. Last night, they ran a commercial promoting tonight’s Triple H vs. Big Show WWE Championship match. Last week, they ran a commercial promoting the big debut show. Prior to last week, WWE never advertised the weekly offerings of SmackDown during TNA Impact broadcasts.
– Jim Ross will be a guest on ESPN’s College Football Live today at 3:30 p.m. previewing tomorrow’s game between the Oklahoma Sooners and Texas Longhorns. You can read his blog regarding the game at OUInsider.com.
– On Friday, November 7, 2008 at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds’ Sports Arena in Nashville (also known as “the TNA Asylum”), a special event will be held in honor of Jerry “The King” Lawler called “Celebrating 35 Years Of Wrestling – Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler Tribute.” Ringside tickets to the event cost $15 and general admission is $10. For more information on the event, visit TennesseeStateFair.org.
– ECW wrestler Tommy Dreamer will be appearing at the American Hockey League (AHL) Bridgeport Sound Tigers opening night game on Saturday, October 18.
– Randy Orton is being advertised for matches against CM Punk during the November European tour, so he’s close to being cleared to return from his broken collarbone.