Jim Ross is back with another blog over at jrsbarbq.com. As usual, here are the highlights:
– JR on Jim Haas: As reported here earlier in the week, our website has had one of our bigger sales weeks since Monday’s Raw when Charlie Haas continued his spoofing ways this time targeting yours truly. Thanks Charlie and congrats on the new baby girl. Charlie really “out punted his coverage” when he married the lovely Jackie Gayda.
– JR on his new HOF Ring: BTW these days I am proudly wearing my 2007 WWE Hall of Fame ring that we received a couple of weeks ago.
– JR on Vladimir Kozlov: Sometimes one can sense when something special may be evolving and that is the case for me when I watch Vladimir Kozlov in the ring these days. Kozlov does some of the subtle things very well and is a well conditioned, bad ass. Kozlov has the chance to “break through” it seems to me. The Moscow Mauler is far from a polished product but he certainly has an upside.
– JR on WWE’s younger stars: If young wrestles like Ryan Braddock and Jack Swagger (nice name) remain aggressive and escalate their physicality as time goes on, both young men have a good chance of achieving success in the WWE. Working hard, smart and physical cures many ills in the ring such as inexperience. Yours truly has also been enjoying the development of Evan Bourne however in my view Bourne is more than side kick material. Bourne needs to be a member of Friday Night Smackdown which is as you know BROTHER the WWE’s #1 program.
– JR on Tazz and Carlito: My broadcast partner on FNSD, Tazz, is simply an angry man. He’s like the ornery, family friend from another world, Long Island, that I never knew I had. However, I think this Friday night’s Smackdown Broadcast was our best yet. Carlito wears orange and black ring attire this Friday night and guess who (Human Suplex Machine) isn’t happy about it?
– JR on the World Champion and RAW: Chris Jericho is picking up where Edge left off prior to Summerslam and Raw is a better show for it. I shutter to think where Raw would be today without HBK and the World’s Heavyweight Champion. And Santino’s unibrow.